Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2024, 11:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ather 450 Apex electric scooter teased ahead of launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilarkt View Post
I purchased an Ather 450x (non-pro model) last month, which is supposed to have an improved real-world range of 110 km, but I get 85–90 km at best (I ride at 40 kmph).
If I have to draw parallels with fossil fuel world. This sounds on expected lines to me. The question I wanted to ask in this thread, is if 157 km claim would yield 100-110 km in reality. Doesn't seem to be the case going by the comments.
Old 8th January 2024, 12:09   #32
BHPian

The Series 1 owners of the 450x were initially promised a translucent panel, but its execution fell short of expectations. In contrast, the Apex model showcases a more refined version of this feature, aligning more closely with what Series 1 owners deserved.

The addition of a reverse throttle is an interesting feature, though its impact on range remains to be seen over time.

Ultimately, the Ather Apex stands out as a special, limited anniversary edition marking a decade of the company's journey. I don't know if the cost is justified, but that is an individual choice.

A point of curiosity for me is around potential new product lines. After a decade of focusing on the 450, it raises the question of what Ather wants to do next. They aren't profitable yet.
Old 8th January 2024, 14:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaak View Post
A point of curiosity for me is around potential new product lines. After a decade of focusing on the 450, it raises the question of what Ather wants to do next. They aren't profitable yet.
I think they must have a successor in mind. 450 was designed a long time ago and it needs serious upgrades, especially in the battery and range department. Though on spec OLA S1 Pro is ahead but it feels rushed and quality is lacking. I will patiently wait for what Ather has in the coming years.
Old 9th January 2024, 20:05   #34
BHPian

Update: Got a call from support and they needed bank details to initiate a refund. They did ask about feedback. I politely said all we need is more range and a bigger battery. No one wants to have more speed specially considering the tiny tyre. Hope they are taking feedbacks to engineering team and come up with a proper 450 successor in future.
newenergy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 21:43   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverLess View Post
Will they sell this as an accessory? Is it designed to fit existing scooters?
No, this is exclusive for Apex. Most probably, this will be coming as default design in their upcoming new models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
You know a company is struggling when they put so much of emphasis on marketing, which they did with the Apex. Despite the hype, does it even meet the performance of the standard S1 pro?

I’ve put off my next EV scooter purchase for now, the Ola ticks the boxes, but I just do not trust the engineering on the product. I like the River Indie as it looks different as well as the Hero Vida, but will wait for Ather family scooter to be launched before making a decision.
+1.. I was eagerly waiting to start my EV journey with Ather, mostly with Apex with all the hype I saw in their initial teaser videos. I was fooled so badly post announcement

I have now put on-hold on my first EV scooter purchase and booked Dio 125 instead. May be will wait for few more years for a better & sensible product from Ather
therider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 18:55   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverLess View Post
Will they sell this as an accessory? Is it designed to fit existing scooters?
It’s not designed to fit existing Ather, I booked the 450s and the dealership confirmed the hub cover is only going to be on the Apex, however the mounting points for the cover will be rolling out on the coming 450s/x model's soon (they cannot confirm the timeline).

Last edited by CodeEvo : 20th January 2024 at 18:57.
CodeEvo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 16:15   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenergy View Post
Update: Got a call from support and they needed bank details to initiate a refund. They did ask about feedback. I politely said all we need is more range and a bigger battery. No one wants to have more speed specially considering the tiny tyre. Hope they are taking feedbacks to engineering team and come up with a proper 450 successor in future.
Hi, i many days it takes them to issue a refund? For me its been 10 days but no update.
Old 20th February 2024, 16:22   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernafied View Post
Hi, i many days it takes them to issue a refund? For me its been 10 days but no update.
Keep following up with the local dealer that you selected. I did that and got my refund quickly.
newenergy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 18:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Ather 450 Apex special edition e-scooter production begins

Ather Energy co-founder Swapnil Jain has revealed that the production of 450 Apex is underway.

Ather 450 Apex electric scooter teased ahead of launch-gg1i92_asaax4s2.jpg

The Ather 450 Apex is a special edition electric scooter built to commemorate 10 years of the brand. It was launched last month at Rs 1.89 lakh (ex-showroom).

The 450 Apex looks similar to other models based on the 450 platform. However, the former comes in a special Indium Blue colour and transparent body panels in the rear, revealing its orange frame. It also gets an enclosed belt drive.

The 450 Apex is equipped with a 7 kW electric motor powered by a 3.7 kWh battery pack. Ather claims an IDC range of 157 km on a single charge and a 0-40 km/h time of 2.9 seconds, making it the quickest accelerating e-scooter in its line-up. The e-scooter has a Warp+ mode that allows riders to deploy its peak performance and reach a top speed of 100 km/h.

The e-scooter also features a new regenerative braking system called 'Magic Twist'. It allows the rider to twist the accelerator 15 degrees backwards to slow down the e-scooter without using the brakes.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by TusharK : 21st February 2024 at 18:03.
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 12:27   #40
BANNED

I don't understand the relevancy of this variant at 1.89 lakhs. Do we really need quickest scooter for Indian market?
MotoDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 15:00   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Ather 450 Apex special edition e-scooter production begins

Ather Energy co-founder Swapnil Jain has revealed that the production of 450 Apex is underway.

It was launched last month at Rs 1.89 lakh (ex-showroom).

The 450 Apex ... comes in a special Indium Blue colour and transparent body panels in the rear, revealing its orange frame. It also gets an enclosed belt drive.

the quickest accelerating e-scooter in its line-up.

The e-scooter has a Warp+ mode that allows riders to deploy its peak performance and reach a top speed of 100 km/h.

The e-scooter also features a new regenerative braking system called 'Magic Twist'. It allows the rider to twist the accelerator 15 degrees backwards to slow down the e-scooter without using the brakes.

Link to Team-BHP news
Wonderful to everything else but...those transparent panels? all the muck inside will show up clearly. These are some of the things that look good/ novel only in a showroom and are a nightmare outside practically.
Old 23rd February 2024, 19:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

Ather 450 Apex is now at the experience centers.

Tarun Mehta :
Quote:
Test ride one, especially for Warp+ and MagicTwist

Deliveries start in Goa, Pune and Bengaluru from next week and already up on display in 50 other stores from today.
Ather 450 Apex electric scooter teased ahead of launch-20240223_190513.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 23rd February 2024 at 19:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks