Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2024, 12:17   #16
BHPian

Re: How choosing Honda CB350RS as my first bike turned into a nightmare!

I have been on the fence for getting myself a CB300R for close to 3 years now. ASC horror stories such as this ensure that I remain so for a longer duration. For now, the trusty RTR200 will have to remain as the garage queen

But seriously OP, hats off to you for actually trying to get the issue resolved, more than half the people I know would've gone for either a resale, or a trusty FNG with no concern for warranty.
Deamon0508 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 12:45   #17

Update on my issue with Honda CB350RS

Appreciate your consideration @Deamon0508.

I can't go to any fng or even can't resale the bike. I'm not earning yet; I bought the bike with the savings from my monthly allowance and some contribution from my parents. Even that was not enough so had to finance it. Even now I'm paying the monthly emi from that allowance itself. After doing all this I'm not left with anything which will allow me to spend on such a major repair. And the problem started within 4 days of getting the bike delivered. This was their responsibility to get it fixed.

That thought for a resale came into my mind for a while and I even put it on OLX. Everytime I got contacted by someone I realised they're also someone liike me, a die hard biker; and my conscience didn't allow me to cheat them the same way I got cheated. There were times that I got to a point of closing the deal but then suddenly I stopped and told the customer I changed my mind or either directed them to this thread.

Now that 6 months have passed since I got my bike back from the ASC, who kept it for two months, I'm losing my patience!

The case has been filed in the consumer court but it will take quite sometime not just a month or two but years. The opposing party didn't show up for the first hearing which was on 10th of Jan. Date of next hearing is yet to be published.

One of my juniors also got highness on my recommendation and everytime I ride his bike I get depressed. That bike rides like a charm; that pull that exhaust note! It's like day and night difference!

All the problems that existed and also which started after the bike was kept at halt for two months persist. Dealyed throttle response, abnormal sound from engine, engine oil in airbox, misfiring, lack of power, frequent stalling, unstable idle rpm. I can't explain in words how I feel even on seeing my bike.

As the third service is due in few days and I have my exams too I thought to give the bike back to them so that they can atlest diagnose the problem. Seeing the condition of the bike I'm afraid to take it for rides out of the city.

Case proceedings will take years and what am I gonna do with a defective bike at my hand. I called the Patna ASC manager and he told me directly to visit Muzaffarpur ASC as they're handling the case. This was the same person who earlier called me and asked me to submit the bike to them so that they can repair everything. He also assured me that he'll look into the matter himself and everything will be sorted out. The way these people change their faces is commendable! Maybe I'm naive and don't understand this world fully but how can people be so senseless!

Anyway it's good to have a platform where I can express myself and find people who get me, not everyone does!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd February 2024 at 12:57. Reason: Spacing
DocOn2Wheels is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 11:43   #18
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

hi there,
I came across this thread today. Purely from the pics you have posted, this is not a very big job at all (replacement of cylinder head gasket and lower gasket). If they are still unable to address this, either they are terribly incompetent or there is a surface imperfection at the joint (which can also be addressed by a variety of ways but I can understand why the SVC doesn't want to touch). easiest way for you, rather than allowing the bike to rust away, is to take it to a reputed FNG and spend some money (trust me, it will be within a reasonable amount). All the 'rash driving' allegations are bunkum and par for the course where everyone thinks that merely being young or a biker means you are rash. No amount of engine lugging/ knocking will cause a properly sealed cylinder chamber to leak.
However, in case the bumping clearance (clearance between the piston crown and the top of the combustion chamber at TDC) is not set properly while boxing up, it can result in improper combustion and abnormal noise. Another immediate giveaway of improper combustion is the soot deposition in your silencer, if possible try to compare with a bike of a similar odo reading, you'll have your answer.
handsofsteel is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 13:38   #19
BHPian

Such Service from Honda!! Unbelievable. I too have a Honda at home and now this will threaten me for future. I am feeling seriously agitated on this. And salute to you who is still calm on this and is battling. Messing with one's dream is a sin, and they will pay the price soon.
TheManualGear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 10:38   #20
BHPian

Unusual for a Japanese made Honda to have these issues.
Is this model made in India ? Is this an Indian quality control issue ?
All I know is that this is not typical Japanese Honda quality. I have owned Japanese Honda motorcycles since 1975 !!!
P.S. your picture number I is not a cylinder head leak but a rocker box cover gasket problem.

Last edited by Redex : 25th February 2024 at 10:39. Reason: Spelling
Redex is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 12:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redex View Post
Unusual for a Japanese made Honda to have these issues.
Is this model made in India ? Is this an Indian quality control issue ?
All I know is that this is not typical Japanese Honda quality. I have owned Japanese Honda motorcycles since 1975 !!!
P.S. your picture number I is not a cylinder head leak but a rocker box cover gasket problem.
HMSI QC and service quality (complaints around spare parts availability etc.) has been poor for some time now. This is not really a new development, but you would actually see even old Unicorn Owners on the forum complaining about the poor quality of their present Honda rides on this forum itself.
JithinR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 22:54   #22
BHPian

Phew! Doctor sahab, you saved me from having a harrowing time with Honda. I currently ride Classic 350 BSIV and the ODO is at 35000 kms and was looking to upgrade to Honda 350RS. But, your experience has made me change my mind and rather I will look to get the Harley X440 or the Himalayan.
MDED is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks