Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2024, 12:42   #61
BHPian

Re: Ather Energy’s new electric scooter. Edit: Ather Rizta launched at Rs 1.09 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
Precisely my point. I live in a rented house in a multi storey apartment. I charge my car on a 15A plug point at my own parking spot that has been professionally installed from my meter. We have roughly 30 EV 2Ws and 10 EV 4Ws in the apartment complex. My office also has 15A plug points for cars and 2Ws.

Solution to the problem is working with RWAs and installing plug points at parking slots. Not adapt the ICE refuelling pattern. Even with 150 KMs of true range, it will burn hours traveling to a public charger every week as well as paying a higher rate.

It converts the biggest convenience of EVs to its biggest inconvenience. Even if someone launches 2W EVs with 150 KMs of true range. As a die hard EV enthusiast, I will strongly recommend them not to buy it unless they have charging setup at home or office.
Agree to everything you say and this is the ideal way. Unfortunately, most apartments in Bangalore are not EV friendly at this point of time. I cannot afford exhorbitant rents. We tried to move. Some owners allow us to install from meter while many are not comfortable. I will be moving into own house next year and I am going to get dedicated charging setup that pulls power using solar panels. Then, I wont care about max range.

For mass adoption of this approach, probably will take 2-3 years where every apartment and owner will be fully open to have EV charge points in parking.

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th April 2024 at 07:03.
ambandla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 13:25   #62
BHPian

Re: Ather Energy’s new electric scooter. Edit: Ather Rizta launched at Rs 1.09 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskyhead View Post
What's up with the EV manufacturers cramping in features but not one of them is interested in providing basic ABS.

ABS is definitely higher on the priority list for most people than let's say traction control.

I feel like it should be compulsory on most vehicles anything above 1 lac atleast.
One main reason will be the cost, EV’s are already expensive and the profit these companies make are considerably less when compared to its ICE counterparts. Also the ABS for bikes are limited with few suppliers and they cost quite a lot to incorporate that along with all the necessary integration, after all these companies need to price the vehicle competitively without taking any loss.

Eventually ABS will come to EV scooters when they can optimize the cost elsewhere, or when market is willing to pay premium based on these features.

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th April 2024 at 07:04.
Old 7th April 2024, 13:28   #63
BHPian

Does anyone know if it has a center stand?

I own a 450X and can't really take her to the crowded parking spaces (read: Laxmi road in Pune). With only side stand in place, it takes more space than other scooters and is prone to get scratched due to inclined stance while parked.
Old 7th April 2024, 16:04   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambandla View Post
Agree to everything you say and this is the ideal way. Unfortunately, most apartments in Bangalore are not EV friendly at this point of time.
I think Hero Vida with removable batteries would solve the issue. Just get a luggage cart/dolly and wheel the batteries into your apartment to charge. I am sure people will come up with a way to use these batteries to power the house in case of power outage.
https://www.vidaworld.com/charging-infrastructure.html

Last edited by GutsyGibbon : 7th April 2024 at 16:07.
Old 7th April 2024, 16:32   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
I think Hero Vida with removable batteries would solve the issue. Just get a luggage cart/dolly and wheel the batteries into your apartment to charge. I am sure people will come up with a way to use these batteries to power the house in case of power outage.
https://www.vidaworld.com/charging-infrastructure.html
Not going risk it. Those large batteries are never meant to be charged inside a home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskyhead View Post
What's up with the EV manufacturers cramping in features but not one of them is interested in providing basic ABS.

ABS is definitely higher on the priority list for most people than let's say traction control.

I feel like it should be compulsory on most vehicles anything above 1 lac atleast.
Do we really need ABS on scooters? I am riding 450X for 2.5 years and I never had issue with stalling or skidding. Bloody thing is so stable to do those sudden brake and turn thanks to lower CoG, never felt the need to have ABS.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th April 2024 at 22:39. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
ambandla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 17:27   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambandla View Post
Do we really need ABS on scooters? I am riding 450X for 2.5 years and I never had issue with stalling or skidding. Bloody thing is so stable to do those sudden brake and turn thanks to lower CoG, never felt the need to have ABS.
I think so. More than traction control for sure. I don't think it would have been mandated in most vehicles otherwise.

On a dry surface sure, most modern tyres are good enough to have controlled skids if at all. But with enough riding specially on fresh light rained roads and sandy roads one will encounter a situation where ABS will save a fall. Disc brakes should have ABS. It's mostly peace of mind though.

Not even suggesting all models have one. But for 1.5+ lacs I'll surely expect it.

Ill never buy another 2 wheeler without ABS. If bajaj can put it on platina for 6k more I'm sure it can be done on EVs as well they are not special
Old 7th April 2024, 19:39   #67
BHPian

It's fascinating to see so much innovation happening in the 2-wheeler space due to the startup companies like Ather, Ola, River, etc... While traditional OEMs like Bajaj and TVS are just focusing on EV replacements of the ICE scooters, these startups are providing much more innovative features at competitive prices. FAME II along with other policies like 5%GST, road tax waivers, have certainly done their job well in helping companies, especially startups like these to make that happen.

Coming to Ather Rizta, this is the best product Ather has made since the 450 that was launched 5 years ago. The incremental generations released after the original 450 have either minor updates or came with a higher price tag which made them less compelling. Ather finally realized that they will not be able to sell their scooters at higher prices while the competing scooters are much more affordable. Their course correction started with the price reduction of 450s and 450x a few months back and continued with the Rizta pricing.

As an iQube S owner for 1.5 years, I would definitely purchase Rizta over iQube if not for that annoying motor whine.
sri_tesla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 23:33   #68
BHPian

Exactly what I wanted from Ather. I always liked Ather as a company, and was contemplating a EV 2W.

I didn't want Ola, as they are not really reliable and I don't trust them.
TVS and Bajaj have good options but I wasn't too confident.

Ather appealed in all ways, except its small build and no practicality for a small family. I just had to be able to drop my 3y old to school every morning. The current Ather's couldn't do that.

Rizta makes sense, and the big boot space is a big win.
Have already placed my pre-order. Waiting for deliveries now.

Ather FTW!!
TheRandomGuy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 07:44   #69
BHPian

Frankly I like it; especially the mint green version. Not all electric scooters need to look edgy and svelte, so this is a good all-round look. Seems there is plenty of storage as well. Even the name "Rizta" should be a play on Rishta (relationships) so that doesnt seem so bad either. This was the erstwhile Ather Diesel if I am not mistaken.
Old 8th April 2024, 07:46   #70
BHPian

After checking out their website, I just realised that the anti skid feature is available only when we purchase the pro pack! Such an essential feature should have been standard. Now, this will make many people like me, if at all I decide to go for the Rizta, to buy the pro pack, not for all the gimmicky features but for the anti skid feature. They should have not been greedy at least for the anti skid feature, it is a very important feature that needs to be standard.

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th April 2024 at 07:58. Reason: i —> I
Elegant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 08:04   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithDefender View Post
Frankly I like it; especially the mint green version. Not all electric scooters need to look edgy and svelte, so this is a good all-round look. Seems there is plenty of storage as well. Even the name "Rizta" should be a play on Rishta (relationships) so that doesnt seem so bad either. This was the erstwhile Ather Diesel if I am not mistaken.
Yes it is !!
One wise bald man always taught us the importance of Family !
Attached Images

Adam is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 08:45   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenergy View Post
I was hoping for a better range though. It seems they got stuck at 3.7 kWh battery capacity.
Ather's purported 100+ km real world range is, at best, debatable. As an Ather 450X Gen 2 owner, I have consistently observed a range of no more than 85-88 km. Furthermore, numerous other Ather owners have voiced similar concerns regarding range discrepancies on it's forum.
sunilarkt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 09:30   #73
BHPian

On first look, the official website as well as in the forum here, the range and the price for Rizta Z variant seems to have been swapped. On closer examination, the lower variant has an asterisks on the claimed IDC numbers whereas the higher Z variant has the lower ranger in IDC format, but with no asterisks.
Attached Thumbnails
Ather Energy’s new electric scooter. Edit: Ather Rizta launched at Rs 1.09 lakhs-athergoofup.png  

Last edited by Neo18 : 8th April 2024 at 09:32. Reason: Added details
Old 8th April 2024, 11:06   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo18 View Post
On first look, the official website as well as in the forum here, the range and the price for Rizta Z variant seems to have been swapped. On closer examination, the lower variant has an asterisks on the claimed IDC numbers whereas the higher Z variant has the lower ranger in IDC format, but with no asterisks.
It is error from their side. Here is the pricing and range details
Attached Thumbnails
Ather Energy’s new electric scooter. Edit: Ather Rizta launched at Rs 1.09 lakhs-riztapricing.jpg  

ambandla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 11:17   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Yes it is !!
One wise bald man always taught us the importance of Family !
lol that is perfect!

Ather "Diesel" talking about family
SithDefender is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks