Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2023, 00:05   #1
BHPian

My Harley-Davidson X440 | Ownership Review

I booked X440 S during first few mins on 4th july and took the delivery Yesterday - 5th nov.
And here it is- Freshly Baked-
My Harley-Davidson X440 | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20231105-7.47.28-pm.jpeg

So, now as i have your attention - let me go through initial experience
I will break it into 3 parts -

Booking and wait

Me- I used to own a RE 2003(the older one before all adjustments got made) till 2009. Coming back to two-wheeler which is most likely mid Life crisis induced buy

I booked the bike within few mins of opening and was told it was 7th in queue (in dealership or the area from where phone came- not sure)
As we know there was delay from earlier publicized date and then another delay over that.
- All this while no communication from the company, only source of information were public forums.
- I dropped a mail to the only mail ID I had for Hero motocorp and harley eshop India mail ID on 29th aug on status and wrong vehicle model mentioned on receipt. No response.
- Checking on this thread, i booked a test drive after downloading the app - HD Connect-It took a long time but got the slot for 2nd Oct- rushed back to Bengaluru and drove directly go to dealership Tusker Harley on Lavelle road. Guess what- Showroom was closed . Public Holiday.
Now the app didn't give me option to book another slot and kept mocking me "you have missed your appointment. " I said sorry to the app so many times- but it didn't budge.

- Around 10th Oct, got a call from dealership- randomly selected by Hero/Harley - RT Krishna Hero motors, Hosur Road for deliveries starting 15th -20th Oct. (Could they have selected a farther store). Anyways, replied to pick it between 28th and 30th. And as usual when i called up , I was asked to come to Hero Showroom as the Primea Showroom was not yet ready.
Took the test drive on 30th Oct, understood the payment structure etc and came back without confirmation.
- Had multiple queries on RTO charges , full amount being considered for Registration etc- all were answered with reason - sooner or later. But with all details- made payment and booked My Birthday rather than showroom opening day for picking it up.

To be contd ... on Dealership, Payment, Delivery Experience and
Post Delivery - Vehicle observations, Yays and Nays

Last edited by rustyg : 7th November 2023 at 23:45.
rustyg is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 13:34   #2
BHPian

re: My Harley-Davidson X440 | Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyg View Post
I booked X440 S during first few mins on 4th july and took the delivery Yesterday - 5th nov.

I will break it into 3 parts -

Booking and wait

To be contd ... on Dealership, Payment, Delivery Experience and
Part 2- Dealership, Payment, Delivery Experience

- As covered in previous post - all doubts were clarified on messages and calls.

Cost, reg cost and payment

Below is breakup of payment done finally as per discount on launch booking, RSA and Bangalore registration costs.
- HOG I declined the HOG (Harley Owners Group) membership as I am not sure of utility of the same in my case. It is mostly leisure riding buy and I don't see myself going in Group meets or Ride plans. As I mentioned- more of mid life crisis buy.
- RSA I am told that RSA is mandatory - which I didn't object to as it's new model and I am not sure of wide spread servicing / fixing capability just yet. Also, peace of mind which I noticed in case of my Vento. However I think people having good hands-on with bike maintenance may discuss further on this with dealership.
- Road Tax and Registration - The registration will happen at new price as the older price is being shown as discounted price in RTO books/ System. It's 18% Road Tax + 10% of Road Tax as Cess + 10% of Cess as Infra Cess + Flat Road Safety Cess of 500 + Smart Card etc etc + They charged Registration of 8840 for which I don't have breakup and seems little extra.

Cost Breakup
My Harley-Davidson X440 | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20231031-2.26.33-pm.jpeg

Dealership-
- They have opened a primea showroom (think Nexa for Maruti) for Hero 2 wheelers nearby older showroom but on other side of road.
- Only 3 accessories available yet - Side Stand (1400), Base Plate (450), Crash Guard (880)
- There are just too many teething problems right from beginning- whatever is the question, it is attributed to It's new, we are launching, We still dont have information on that etc. See some e.g below

E.g-
  • I confirmed on availability of Helmets for sale (going back to bike after 13 years) which had affirmative answer. Unfortunately while reaching showroom to take delivery - it was told inventory is not available and I need to make arrangement. I mean, I am right at showroom now. Had to borrow my driver's helmet for taking the bike back home.
  • All other accessories and other merchandise to be available only after a month or so. I mean the bike delivery was delayed 2 times, there was good amount of time in between but seems like one of our software projects that keeps stretching and missing timelines or features
  • Most of their actions on delivery day were focussed around Photo-op while delivering the vehicle. That seemed the primary motive- Like when nothing was moving there and waiting, I went for coffee next door. I was called back from there without letting me to wait for the coffee to come to get delivery with photo clicked (with that large photo session key). That was without explanation of anything on bike, no walk-through, n feature demo- Nothing.
  • The papers were being given to me without any seal of dealership or signature , just a printout. On enquiring, I was told to take delivery then go to older Hero Moto corp showroom and get it done. Seriously!. When I declined , i was told that we will arrange - You take the delivery etc , but someone will have to go to our other showroom where the seal are kept. Wow, and we say things for Govt offices in India.
  • It goes further - After 10 mins was again told to wait as team from Harley was stopping by and RM wanted another Photo -op. This is where I mentioned nothing doing- I need details on vehicle and am not going to work for your picture snapping.

All in all, the Hero Attitude of decades keeps coming out from under the outer clothes of Harley. It's just not the fancy showroom which transforms the service to primea- It takes more P's (Marketing Mgmt 101 thing)
More related to vehicle in Next post on Post Delivery observations, + and - ...
contd....

Last edited by rustyg : 10th November 2023 at 23:04.
rustyg is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 00:07   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Part 2- [H]Dealership, Payment, Delivery Experience[/H]

- As covered in previous post - all doubts were clarified on messages and calls.

Cost, reg cost and payment
More related to vehicle in Next post on Post Delivery observations, + and - ...
contd....
Part 3-

So with vehicle in hand, let me share my observations, hits and misses and down right irritations, Value offered vis-a-vis Value delivered.
BUT first a family photo-
Hello I am HD 440S and me with my Biiiiig Uncle -
My Harley-Davidson X440 | Ownership Review-withmybiguncle.jpeg

Hits / Pros
  • Stability - Have just driven it for 35 KM + Test Drive of 3-4 KMs - In both vehicles I found the handling and stability to be amazing. Be at low or high speeds, going over the road bumps, pretty grounded Bike. I just got back to bike riding after 14 years (and also crossing over from young to an middle aged guy )- never for a second I felt any balancing, handling issue after the left foot click. It's really well balanced bike which is easy to ride and maneuver for anyone new to bikes or returning back to riding. Target segment for Bikes in India is generally not the mid-aged folks but the youth, but the bike caters to wide segment here
  • The sound - I contemplated cancelling during Test Drive as I felt it's not that distinguishable sound and thump under (drove RE 2003 earlier). Even gave this feedback to Harley folks who were visiting showroom and spoke to me when I was taking delivery. But, how i was wrong! Really loved it when riding back home and after few KMs. Once you go to 3rd or 4th gear you get that stable sound and thump which is pretty distinctive - more so in Parking where it echoes. It grows on you and I love it within 35 KM of riding.
  • Gives stable, monotonous cruising like feel just at 4th gear around 45-50 KMPH and quickly picks up if you accelerate. So mix of cruise feel with power burst as needed (I don't mean this power is sports bike power). Really loved that- it's more personal feeling thing but yayyy
  • The sitting/riding stance and the comfort for the height of Avg Indians. You don't need to be tall to be comfortable when stopping at Red lights. For reference- I am 5ft 6.5 inch (right around avg as per multiple studies -5'5" - 5' 8")- and providing my pics below (face redacted to not steal the beauty of bike ) from front and side when balancing on 1 feet. No stretch of arms or legs. Also, i have knee issues owing to running in past and I didn't feel any pressure when balancing on that leg for long.
    My Harley-Davidson X440 | Ownership Review-face-redacted1.jpeg
    My Harley-Davidson X440 | Ownership Review-face-redacted2.jpeg

Hope to add more Yays soon.

Things That could have been better / Nuances
  • Size of indicators- I find them smaller with logo in middle.
  • The reminder of indicators being on is easy to miss- no sound and somehow it doesn't stand out on display during day time drive. You keep missing that it's on
  • Rear view mirror are round and small - mostly for aesthetics - but rectangular or trapezium shape would be of more utility. The visibility in mirrors is less and hence the utility. One needs to turn to be assured nothing is there while changing lane or turning.

Problems / Issues / Cons / Irritants
These are real problems and made my experience go sour with the bike and how company - both Hero and Harley have handled things. Seems rushed to deliver and selling without proper engineering and quality checks. Seems like there lot of operational issues in supply chain, vendor & order management
  • Variant - Value for Money - With 3 variants at 20K diff each and total 4 colors. There are limited options. I chose top variant mainly for the black color. The only difference between mid(Vivid) and Top (S) variant are
    a) The Display system and HD Connect - Electronics
    b) The silver notches on Rim - Aesthetics mainly
    c) A chrome/Copper polish on top of engine - Pure Aesthetics
    I paid 20K for this- I don't think it's worth at all especially with issues below
  • The Connected features and HD Connect app and all shebang on display unit in Bike just doesn't work if you are iPhone user. I repeat- one reasonably sized segment in Urban centers can't use the only differentiating feature in Top End for which they pay 20K extra (+ extra on Road tax, insurance as it is all %). You install app, it connects , you move away , it disconnect and you are done. You can't do anything unless you reinstall the app- do connection again for using it just 1 time. There are multiple such instances reported in App store reviews.
    This was not told to me when purchasing vehicle on what phone I use. What is worse- it is a known problem for Harley -as accepted by Harley folks who were there during delivery. But it is not known issue to dealership folks explaining or trying to demo or delivering vehicle. The harley execs casually mentioned it's because of iOS issue- Seriously - you want apple to fix it for your inability to create and handle security features when connecting with iOS. He stopped giving security reason on coming to know I have spent 20+ years in cybersecurity domain and have little understanding.
    I was surprised when Hero Delivery Exec showed connecting with android and - Voila, See ..It works. The Showroom manager was least interested and concerned on the issue.

Since then i am following up and no word from Hero dealership. Pathetic exp for premium segment.
  • Heating problem - It might be only my vehicle but it has huge heating issue on right side. To the extent my ankles and shin are almost burning despite of wearing denim and Shoes. RK Krishna exec mentions it is 440 CC sir , that is expected. I don't think it is expected to this level. I seriously don't know what would be experience for people who go on long rides. Again it might be with my vehicle but you can't just brush it off with a wave of the hand.
  • No additional accessory available for another 1 month- Again this is for premium segment bike in your showroom and moving delivery 2-3 times. They are still not able to sort things out. No merchandise available. This means you can't get central stand, Mud flaps, guards for big gap throwing water. Again no commitment and just brushing things aside - I guess as whole payment and photo-op is done.
  • By design and tyres used - The bike kind of picks every tiny amount of water on road and throws on you. Despite of no rain for a day when I picked the bike, and nothing on road , the lowers were drenched with mud. And then no accessory available or being committed for. See pic of the mudslinger after 35 kms drive without rain
    My Harley-Davidson X440 | Ownership Review-mudslingerbike.jpeg
    My Harley-Davidson X440 | Ownership Review-mudslingerbike1.jpeg
  • Display issues- Fuel gauge shows half or 3/4th or full as it pleases and can switch to any state at will. This is one thing which never failed with mechanical meters atleast. Now if you are on side stand it goes down, when straight and you give it 1-2 mins or turn on ignition again - it might show correct level, When running - it may show correct level or may show full for 15-20 mins at its will . On contacting the Delivery Exec at RK Krishna - "Sir, it may show empty or half when on side stand" . Seriously , this is the kind of sensor and display implemented and claimed to be Connected bike? See the 3 picks with different level below - All taken within 5 kms and 1 in evening and 2 in morning. Problem is what if this glitch starts showing full for some duration while on the road trip when actually it needs attention. This is digital glitch , telling us value of our older fuel meters

Tank Full
    My Harley-Davidson X440 | Ownership Review-tank-full-33-km-456pm.jpeg

Tank Half at 38 km next morning
    My Harley-Davidson X440 | Ownership Review-halflevel933am.jpeg

Correct reading of 3/4th at 38 km next morning
    My Harley-Davidson X440 | Ownership Review-correctlevel933am.jpeg

Finally, the feel of ride is good , but it seems company is experimenting on first few people who showed faith on it's brand and product and mostly for the tie-up and information asymmetry they have . It seems someone was given target of taking out bike and they went with it despite of issues and channels and supply chain not set.

Advice for Hero and Harley- While the bike is becoming more digital in features, attitude and dealing of Dealer and Harley Execs is becoming more mechanical. For god's sake train your execs to understand problem before hand, Invest some effort in software testing, Make disclosures for known problems. DO NOT take customers and especially early adopters - for granted. Service and quality matters when positioning a product in a segment which you want to crack. Harley bringing cheapest bike doesn't mean this is cheaper segment- It still is premium segment for Indian market.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th November 2023 at 05:07.
rustyg is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 05:08   #4
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 07:49   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Harley-Davidson X440 | Ownership Review

Congratulations on your new bike. Looks like at this point of time you have quite a few concerns with the bike and the company. Buying a new product or even a major facelift from an established company itself can be a little risky for the first lot buyers due to niggles and issues. Here it is a new product from a new partnership which atleast in my view has not stabilized based on my experiences during the process which ultimately led to me picking another bike. So I think there will be a period of issues and instability you will need to go through. Hopefully it will all be cleared up.

The fact that you cannot use the connected features with an iPhone is a major bummer. Is it a temporary glitch that they have said will get fixed or they have categorically said you cannot use connected features with an iPhone?

Wish you miles of happy ownership. It is a great bike from my limited experience with it.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 11:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

This post has truly been an eye-opener for me. Even though the HOG club in Dubai had its fair share of setbacks, I anticipated hearing about challenges when they launched in India, but not such basic ones. I can relate to the issue of mud being kicked up by the tires, as I faced a similar problem with my CB 350. Installing an aftermarket tyre-hugger should help resolve this. Wishing you the best of luck and countless safe miles on the road.

Last edited by Sebring : 11th November 2023 at 11:41.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 12:57   #7
BHPian

Quote:
- Road Tax and Registration - The registration will happen at new price as the older price is being shown as discounted price in RTO books/ System. It's 18% Road Tax + 10% of Road Tax as Cess + 10% of Cess as Infra Cess + Flat Road Safety Cess of 500 + Smart Card etc etc + They charged Registration of 8840 for which I don't have breakup and seems little extra.

Cost Breakup
Attachment 2527702
Wait a minute, why are there so many extra charges here?
From some searches online, it seems that RTO charges should be 50-55k at best (eye watering compared to 30k I paid for the speed 400 in MH ) but you seem to have paid almost 66k for it. Did you really not bother asking what the ~9k was for?

Also, RSA for 7k seems to quite steep for a two wheeler. It seems to cost more than if you paid cash for the 1-2 times you might have had to use it. Also, did you check if your insurance already had RSA covered? Some of them have it.

Mandatory fittings worth almost 3k are also unreasonable. Anything mandatory should be covered within the ex-showroom price. If these are optional accessories, they cannot call them mandatory and charge you for them unless you asked for it.

It might sound like I am trying to poke holes in your review but I am not. I am asking these questions so other customers are aware, because your review is the first detailed one out there. Thanks for taking the time and enjoy the rides on your new Harley!
lazyrev is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 17:15   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
Wait a minute, why are there so many extra charges here?
Road Tax + Cess in Bengaluru will cost approx 57 K for this vehicle and model. I did calculations with cess, etc by Registered list price.

You are right on leftover above that - There is a number plate and registration charges over that. Unfortunately- there was no clarity given even on asking on this and an online search returned 500/800 + tax to 6000 Rs for registration. I had a sense that 2-3.5K extra might be getting paid here - But I let it go as nothing was yielding from the discussions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
Also, RSA for 7k seems to quite steep for a two wheeler. It seems to cost more than if you paid cash for the 1-2 times you might have had to use it. !

RSA is steep- but few reasons I had to go ahead-
1) that comes from the Harley side I guess
2) smaller places have an understanding of the machinery
3) I had a bad exp with my VW Vento where I was stuck without RSA and Harley has an even lesser presence in smaller places or even parts of Bangalore, I have used it 3 times in 3 years.
4) What I guess is around 800 per year kind for RE etc so close to 3/4 K for a longer period.

I called Harley's contact us number and they refused to help in get any idea on RSA details or amount and forced me to talk to the dealership only. I was left at the mercy of the dealership, who I think made it mandatory unnecessarily.

Although, you are right that RE gives it free for the first year, and is still cheaper in subsequent year. Also, what I didn't consider is I am not planning to go out of the City on this one. So maybe I went with emotions.

I feel that I didn't follow 'Jago Grahak Jago' correctly.

Those are very valid points, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The fact that you cannot use the connected features with an iPhone is a major bummer. Is it a temporary glitch that they have said will get fixed or they have categorically said you cannot use connected features with an iPhone?
No, they made it very clear that it is being worked upon but will take time, but no commitment on the timeline.

The point I am not happy about is -

a) not informing about a glitch beforehand so that I can make an informed decision before buying to maybe downgrade to mid-variant.
b) Trying to attribute it to iOS and not accepting their app, and the system has a problem,
c) I specifically asked for a demo of this pre-booking but was told that this gets unlocked for the vehicle only after the sale is done and hence can't be seen unless an invoice is generated and that this restriction is from Harley's side. RT Krishna guys even refused to show it for a test-ride vehicle.

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th November 2023 at 18:10. Reason: Back to back points merged. Too many errors. Please proofread before posting.
rustyg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 22:56   #9
BHPian

Thanks for the great review.I am getting delivery of my S variant from Tusker and they are only charging 269000 ex showroom price and road tax and registration which is the same 65 k amount . For insurance they are offering ICICI Lombard for 24k. But I am planning to go for Acko as it's costing 18k. Not planning to go for HOG membership and RSA.
Old 19th November 2023, 18:04   #10
BHPian

Ownership review -- Contd

2 weeks on ... and the bad experience continues with Harley and Dealer - RK Krishna Motors (basically hero dealer, not even trying to be HD dealer by actions)

Dealer
  • 2 weeks done and No contact or response on issues raised earlier from dealership
  • No update on Connect issue / accessories, not even a calls
  • Registration which was promised in 4 days - before making the payment , is still going 19 days on since payment. On calling the Hero sales person ( don't have number for primea showroom as never been shared), on this and other issues- I am straight away told to contact their GM - If I may.
Harley Davidson India and Vehicle
  • I called HD customer care 2 times in last 10 days, they ask me to send mail and mentioned that they will raise concern with dealer to higher Management . Nothing yet and even cut the phone call this evening when i was not taking excuses being made over phone call.
  • No update on HD connect issue , I was today asked to contact another dealer Tusker to discuss this- I seriously don't know reason to contact a dealer who didn't sell it to me. They even declined to arrange the call.
  • Bike- I skidded in the parking at 10 KMPH. These are sports + Performance Tubeless tyres with lesser threads.
    As per me the placement is cruising, easy going, responsible biking and not high speed Sport profile. I think it mismatches the bike , but maybe it's just me and hope the product managers have done the target segment needs and riding habits analysis.
    These are different profile of tyres and suggest to be careful on low friction surface if there is any water.
  • Bike has little bigger turning radius and that comes with wider handle bar. I would prefer little smaller one and if it was - it would make it great city traffic maneuvering bike. Hope there would be reason around bigger handles for the weight and width of Tank.
  • The sound is growing much sweeter and awesome with every 10 KMs.
If only they chose a decent professional dealer for me to pick the vehicle and have not rushed in to taking out the bike with no sign of accessories being available yet and problems being acknowledged or resolved.
Old 19th November 2023, 19:02   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Ownership review -- Contd

2 weeks on ... and the bad experience continues with Harley and Dealer - RK Krishna Motors (basically hero dealer, not even trying to be HD dealer by actions)

Dealer
  • 2 weeks done and No contact or response on issues raised earlier from dealership
  • No update on Connect issue / accessories, not even a calls
Forgot to mention a point for Dealer topic above w.r.t. RSA, which I discussed in my earlier reviews.
[indent][list][*] I checked with HD customer care on RSA . They were also surprised that Dealer told me that this is Mandatory. Although only way he told he shall help is on knowing name of who told me the same .
Suggestion to buyers Please be aware of this unprofessional practice being followed by the dealer (s) on forcing RSA on you, as well as being mentally prepared on time that it will take for number plate to arrive.
Old 19th November 2023, 20:07   #12
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Hope to add more Yays soon.
[/list]

Things That could have been better / Nuances
  • Size of indicators- I find them smaller with logo in middle.
  • The reminder of indicators being on is easy to miss- no sound and somehow it doesn't stand out on display during day time drive. You keep missing that it's on
  • Rear view mirror are round and small - mostly for aesthetics - but rectangular or trapezium shape would be of more utility. The visibility in mirrors is less and hence the utility. One needs to turn to be assured nothing is there while changing lane or turning.

Problems / Issues / Cons / Irritants
These are real problems and made my experience go sour with the bike and how company - both Hero and Harley have handled things. Seems rushed to deliver and selling without proper engineering and quality checks. Seems like there lot of operational issues in supply chain, vendor & order management
[list]
Variant - Value for Money - With 3 variants at 20K diff each and total 4 colors. There are limited options. I chose top variant mainly for the black color. The only difference between mid(Vivid) and Top (S) variant are
a) The Display system and HD Connect - Electronics
b) The silver notches on Rim - Aesthetics mainly
c) A chrome/Copper polish on top of engine - Pure Aesthetics
I paid 20K for this- I don't think it's worth at all especially with issues below
Great review.

Being a 1st lot customer of X440 Vivid variant myself.
In my review on X440, the premia Calicut experience related to booking and delivery was quite "premium".
Sad to see this level of quality is not being maintained everywhere.

The fuel indicator has a mind on its own. I noticed this in TD bike. But after owning this, I found out that once you start riding, after few minutes, the fuel indicator displays the correct fuel level.

There is heat on right side on my motorcycle too. But in now way hot. For context: I drove for 60km wearing crocs and light jeans.

The water/dirt splashing issue was surprising.
The rear tyre does throw dirt and water onto swigarm and rear shocks.
But none lands on my body. Infact I was suprised by jeans calves section not getting wet from driving on soaked roads.

One thing I found out, there was something ratttling. when I came to a rest and revved a bit in nuetral, I found out that it was rear HSRP plate vibrating and hitting on a cone like small thing on rear mudguard behind HSRP plate.
Some manual pressure and this was fixed.��

Last edited by Sheel : 24th December 2023 at 08:11. Reason: Mod note attached.
govind_kaniyath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 22:09   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Heartiest congratulations on your new bike. Wish you many safe miles ahead.

Quote:
So with vehicle in hand, let me share my observations, hits and misses and down right irritations, Value offered vis-a-vis Value delivered.
Read through your experience of booking, purchase, delivery and initial impressions of the bike.

I agree that unfortunately the dealer experience was not a pleasant one. They could and should have managed it much better especially when it's now the bread and butter for Harley Hero tie up in India.
But, as far as the bike is concerned, there are hardly and sore points that you mentioned, and that is really impressive because the product per se seems to be really good.

The indicators, mirrors and tyre hugger are easily fixable with aftermarket or HD accessories (as and when available) I'm sure.
The engine heat management is something that you probably need to get used to this being a new liquid cooled bike and you being used to air cooled REs earlier.
The display connectivity and fuel gauge inaccuracy are something bugging most Indian motorcycles. Most of these connectivity apps are useless and people ultimately resort to using a mobile phone on a handlebar mount.
Fuel gauge is something you cannot rely upon even in bikes North of 15-16 lakhs. It is a calibration issue and either a hit or miss. Know the tank range, usable fuel and keep a tag of the miles you munch.

Quote:
Finally, the feel of ride is good , but it seems company is experimenting on first few people who showed faith on it's brand and product and mostly for the tie-up and information asymmetry they have . It seems someone was given target of taking out bike and they went with it despite of issues and channels and supply chain not set.
That is what is most important. People who buy newly launched bikes nowadays get the feel of buying beta testers because of botched up strategies of most of the companies. Hence, this species is gradually becoming rare. And it's a sad fact which both the manufacturers and dealers are responsible for and must set right. Surprising for Hero-HD who are now trying to get a foothold in the market, and yet such goof ups being passed down to the customer.

Quote:
Service and quality matters when positioning a product in a segment which you want to crack. Harley bringing cheapest bike doesn't mean this is cheaper segment- It still is premium segment for Indian market.
No wonders a few days back a young college going gentleman shortlisted three bikes - HD 440, Triumph Speed 400x and RE Hunter.
Most of the votes were for either the RE and Triumph, hardly any for the baby HD. That is understandably because of HDs present status, of which not many people are confident.
Such poor experience as yours will further create inhibition in the mind of buyers and people who recommend it alike. A good product will ultimately get neglected and fade away in oblivion if corrective actions are not taken at the right time by Hero and HD.
aviator1101 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 22:02   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Forgot to mention a point for Dealer topic above w.r.t. RSA, which I discussed in my earlier reviews.
[indent][list][*] I checked with HD customer care on RSA . They were also surprised that Dealer told me that this is Mandatory. Although only way he told he shall help is on knowing name of who told me the same .
Suggestion to buyers Please be aware of this unprofessional practice being followed by the dealer (s) on forcing RSA on you, as well as being mentally prepared on time that it will take for number plate to arrive.
Well to avoid most of the Hero dealership experience, i personally did not book my X440 online. I took the effort and went to Tusker Bangalore and did the booking there. Also surprised the Hero dealership took so much time to deliver your vehicle. I booked mine on 31st July and will be getting the same post 28th November. Experience has been good with Tusker, as i shared earlier only Ex showroom price, Registration + tax is being charged by them. For insurance also they are good with me getting it done on my own. So i have not had any concerns with the same. Also in long term run i wanted to service my X440 in HD showroom and workshop only hence i took the call of booking from them for a better support and service.

There are no concerns or issues with the reliability of the bike. The performance also is good.

Watch the videos posted by Pune rider Happiest life and you will see his experiences. He just finished a 1500 km ride on the X440 and its been good.
He has also called out some challenges with the light thrown on curves and turns in Ghat section.

Hope your experience improves. Better to reach out to Tusker and see if they can help.

Last edited by Dushie : 21st November 2023 at 22:04.
Old 22nd November 2023, 22:45   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Well to avoid most of the Hero dealership experience, i personally did not book my X440 online. I took the effort and went to Tusker Bangalore and did the booking there. Also surprised the Hero dealership took so much time to deliver your vehicle. I booked mine on 31st July and will be getting the same post 28th November.
Thanks Dushie. Although, for delivery time and Hero delaership's hand in that
1- there is no delay here - I booked on 1st day i.e. 4th Jul and got it on 5th Nov (as I wanted 5th Nov date rather than 3rd which was offered) . So its almost same time from 31st Jul to 28th Nov , give and take 2 days.
2- The booking and fulfilment is more from Hero Manufacturing side rather than Dealership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post

Watch the videos posted by Pune rider Happiest life and you will see his experiences. He just finished a 1500 km ride on the X440 and its been good.
He has also called out some challenges with the light thrown on curves and turns in Ghat section.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=IV-W...QgbGlmZQ%3D%3D

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=VQ7c...QgbGlmZQ%3D%3D

Hope your experience improves. Better to reach out to Tusker and see if they can help.
This is amazing Vlog.. Wow. Loved every bit of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks