Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2023, 23:11   #16
BHPian

Re: My Harley-Davidson X440 | Ownership Review

Ownership Review Contd... Day 17

More on issues and Points I mentioned on Dealership above in this post.

Dealership issues
Post my mail to HD and / or the posts here , I heard from the MD of RT Krishna Dealership. (I am with-holding name as I am not sure if I should name him.)

He acknowledged on all issues and took immediate steps for-
  • RSA- He was surprised on sales messaging on RSA being sold as mandatory. Acknowledged and refunded the amount within an hour of call.
  • Registration and Number Plate - on hearing the problem and delay - Followed up and got number plate delivered on same day and fitted at my place. Service to fit at home was unheard of thing. Great.
  • Contact - Acknowledged and provided his own contact details and has been responsive of all my messages and calls since then.

B]Bike Issues[/b]
  • [b] Connect and App [/] There is acknowledgement from HD for this issue with iOS. No ETA is given. Hopefully a firmware upgrade can be expected by End of Year. I am still waiting for a response for my mail from HD or any call from them.
  • heating problem I have been promised to do detailed check during next service in 10-12 days, to see if there is more heating than other bikes. However looking at vlog in above thread it seems issue on lower gears with all bikes. Let's see what is found.
  • Non Information on Accessory etc This is for anyone waiting for it . The Back Rest is expected in few days while merchandise from HD is expected by Dec end. I think this is true for all dealership . There is no timeline or info for mud flaps etc for the splashing issue.
  • Display issue Those are genuine issues and the delay in update of fuel level or incorrect info all of a sudden are there. I think Harley did a shoddy job on electronics and connectivity side - implementation as well as testing. I don't mind that for a primarily Mechanical item- but I do have problem with making that as point of Differentiation between variants and charging for that but not taking enough pains to walk the mile.

All in all so far dealer has attempted and fixed easy fix things. Reason for my long post is when I have named anyone for insufficient / lack of service - I need to acknowledge any effort to fix that . And I have seen genuine attempt last 2 days. Let's see how it goes from here but it's Harleys Turn to fix bigger issues.
rustyg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 11:16   #17
BHPian

Please keep posting updates also it will be good for all local X440 owners to connect and form a group. As most folks may not end up going for the 5k HOG membership. This way we all can connect and meet up. I also informed Tusker Harley, I prefer to take the bike with the accessories installed. Planning to go for the entire set as of now. Have you installed any mobile holder on the bike yet. Need to check which one is good. Also planning to buy some riding gear. Will start with helmet and maybe gloves.

Last edited by Dushie : 23rd November 2023 at 11:17.
Old 23rd November 2023, 17:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Please keep posting updates also it will be good for all local X440 owners to connect and form a group. As most folks may not end up going for the 5k HOG membership. This way we all can connect and meet up. I also informed Tusker Harley, I prefer to take the bike with the accessories installed. Planning to go for the entire set as of now. Have you installed any mobile holder on the bike yet. Need to check which one is good. Also planning to buy some riding gear. Will start with helmet and maybe gloves.
Makes sense for group formation.
I haven't installed any- I primarily use my cars and with unseasonal rain- Don't get chance to take bike out much.

For Helmet and other merchandise - The Harley branded ones might be available in Dec. I am told there are 4 styles of helmets etc- See images below from my Whatsapp communication. So if you are particular and can wait. I purchased from market.
Disclaimer- This is not from official communication.
My Harley-Davidson X440 | Ownership Review-harleymerchandise.jpeg
rustyg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 13:22   #19
BHPian

Ownership Review Contd... Day 23

HD connect issue
The issue is resolved now. It was resolved by an App update that HD pushed and I was able to connect and disconnect couple of times.
Also the time lag to refresh on Navigation displayed and Incoming call alert for iOS seems to be resolved.
rustyg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 01:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

I'd still echo the fact that the bike could have been processed and finished better with all the sorties properly sorted before launching it in a haste. Sadly Harley-Davidson's woes seem to entail them perennially and I sincerely felt and have expressed it with a humble disposition that this JV is a futile attempt by Hero to bolster its presence primarily as they were out of options to partner with. And the meat of this JV product $$$ ending up to Hero, Hero has nothing to lose. Sad!

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 12:33   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyg View Post
Ownership Review Contd... Day 23

HD connect issue
The issue is resolved now. It was resolved by an App update that HD pushed and I was able to connect and disconnect couple of times.
Also the time lag to refresh on Navigation displayed and Incoming call alert for iOS seems to be resolved.

It's been months now. How's it going? How many kilometers have you driven now? Is the motorcycle behaving well? Please update your ownership review; it'll be helpful for people like me who are interested in purchasing.
Old 21st June 2024, 13:04   #22
BHPian

Hi guys, was on the lookout for a torquey stablemate for my Triumph 400, and today Mr Devesh from Hero Premia, Naraina New Delhi got the TD bike to my office on time as promised. I proceeded to have a test drive. Currently, I ride a Triumph Speed 400, covered more than 10.000kms on it. In the recent past I've owned a Meteor 350 (28,000kms), A Honda CB350 Hiness (9800 kms), and about five thousand kms on my brother's Desert Storm 500.
While the bike felt comfortable and easy to ride, the suspension nice and soft, ergos neutral, but the engine felt underwhelming. The raw torque pull of the 500DS wasn't there..not even close, although on paper there isn't a lot of difference. Somehow it felt closer to a Classic 350 than the DS500, it sounds illogical, but I felt that a way. Ruled this one out, waiting for the Classic 650.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks