Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2024, 11:08   #61
BHPian

Re: Bajaj working on a 110cc CNG-powered motorcycle. EDIT: Freedom 125 launched at Rs. 95,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant View Post
Why are we so negative here? An innovative product, and more importantly, by an Indian company. We should be proud. We all should realise, this is going to be a good success. CNG stations are plenty
Maybe because CNG isn't the right way forward. How much meaningful savings would this provide compared to already efficient petrol bike with similar power figure? 🤔 If someone could shed some light on this it would be helpful.
Old 8th July 2024, 11:40   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bajaj working on a 110cc CNG-powered motorcycle. EDIT: Freedom 125 launched at Rs. 95,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Bajaj should expect copyright strike from LML who had a LML Freedom Prima 125 in their lineup.
LML already closed down its ICE Business. Guess the Trademarks owned by LML has expired long back.

You have to be in the mid life crisis stage of life to remember the "LML Freedom"

Bajaj working on a 110cc CNG-powered motorcycle. EDIT: Freedom 125 launched at Rs. 95,000-lml-freedom.jpg

Bajaj working on a 110cc CNG-powered motorcycle. EDIT: Freedom 125 launched at Rs. 95,000-lml-freedom-2.jpg
payeng is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 12:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
Sir 2 kg is the weight of the CNG gas which the gas cylinder can hold. Please check the weight of the cylinder is 16 kg and with the gas included it weighs 18 kg.

For your kind information cylinders in cars weigh as much as 90 kgs whereas they hold around 10 to 12 kg of gas weight.
Ok, thanks for correcting. I mistook cylinder weight as gas weight in your OP.
ToThePoint is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 16:22   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe367 View Post
Maybe because CNG isn't the right way forward. How much meaningful savings would this provide compared to already efficient petrol bike with similar power figure? �� If someone could shed some light on this it would be helpful.
Sir, CNG burns almost without smoke and does not produce any poisonous gases. Apart from the savings and efficiency, it also helps protect the environment a lot.

Last edited by graaja : 9th July 2024 at 15:56. Reason: Typo
Old 8th July 2024, 16:55   #65
BHPian

I don’t know if any one noticed. The design of the tank, the height of the seat aligning with the tank is completely wrong. Bad and horrible design. What does the rider do on braking? Break his knees or lean ahead and hit his head on the back of the truck?
I mean was is that difficult to get a regular high tank providing grip on both sides of the knees from inside?
Typical bajaj cheap skating what I see.

Last edited by RunGaDa : 8th July 2024 at 16:59.
Old 8th July 2024, 18:35   #66
BHPian

CNG is not readily available even if the Tier 1 Cities, plus there is a long queue
I am not sure how practical it would be given the cohort they are targeting would not have liberty of time to wait and find the next CNG station
Old 8th July 2024, 20:56   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant View Post
Sir, CNG burns almost without smoke and does not produce any poisonous gases. Apart from the savings, efficiency, tome friendly this CNG thingy is, it also help protect the environment a lot.
I don't think they're targetting the environmentally conscious people with this bike. Because most of them would choose an EV. CNG is lot more economical in cars than in bikes because of low fuel efficiency. What guarantee do we have that CNG prices will remain like this next year? Price of CNG has already touched 90 in some places. We have a history of cng prices increasing over 30% in 6 months.

Last edited by Joe367 : 8th July 2024 at 21:16. Reason: Sorry, spelling mistake.
Joe367 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 22:57   #68
Senior - BHPian

I like the innovation here, but with all things Bajaj, this product too has arrived a bit late in the market. If this was launched in 2021 when CNG price was in 40-50 Rs per kg range, this would have got a massive initial response and would have potentially killed the 100cc commuter bikes used for delivery.

It's no surprise they had to bring Mr. Gadkari to launch this bike, a subtle hint at telling the government to maintain a healthy price gap between Petrol and CNG

Today, the price difference between CNG and Petrol is just about 15-16 Rupees. Also, there is additional service CNG tanks require every few years otherwise the average drops, not to mention the mandatory CNG kit inspection. People will have to do their calculations.

Also, the USP of 100cc bikes is their easy reparability and use of 'jugaad' methods to keep them running. Just hope the average mechanic in a village running his garage by a roadside 'tapri' can repair this bike without blowing up his garage and the shop next to it.
NiInJa is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 10:08   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkolhe View Post
It's not going to sell much in rural setting or even in tier 3 cities since the penetration of CNG is pretty low outside of major cities.
CNG network penetration is better these days due to new players like Torrent, IndianOil Adani etc.. Even places like Phulera,Ballia,Mirzapur and many other places in rural U.P is having an abundance of CNG pumps and its on the rise. And compared to cities, the queues are much lesser.
Old 9th July 2024, 13:46   #70
BHPian

There are quite a lot of concerns with the bike's use case. Modern market research involves market study by giant consulting groups working with big players like Bajaj. If they could find use-cases worthy enough to invest into massive R&D and production behind this bike, definitely use-cases exists and quite a lot in number.

I've found the design to be interesting and it has now been well demonstrated that design is "safe" for both the bike and the rider ( and also the X number of pillions, where X is legally 1 but....2? 3? )

My initial concern was with the range, which is in direct comparison to pure ICE scooters and not practically with pure ICE bikes. Nevertheless, range is a virtue of frequency to visiting pumps and from what I've heard, CNG pumps are going to keep atleast one re-fueling station which prioritises 2 wheelers [although this is just a verbal thing as of now].

Kudos to Bajaj to have come up with something innovative on a rather mundane ICE side of things!
TheVDR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 14:23   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunGaDa View Post
I don’t know if any one noticed. What does the rider do on braking? Break his knees or lean ahead and hit his head on the back of the truck?
If you say the design of the Freedom 125 is wrong, What about all the dual sport motorcycles? This design is very much similar to dual sport motorcycles except for the ground clearance and suspension angle and travel.

Bajaj working on a 110cc CNG-powered motorcycle. EDIT: Freedom 125 launched at Rs. 95,000-images-2.jpeg

Bajaj working on a 110cc CNG-powered motorcycle. EDIT: Freedom 125 launched at Rs. 95,000-images-5.jpeg

Bajaj working on a 110cc CNG-powered motorcycle. EDIT: Freedom 125 launched at Rs. 95,000-images-6.jpeg
Karthik1100 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 20:01   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
If you say the design of the Freedom 125 is wrong, What about all the dual sport motorcycles? This design is very much similar to dual sport motorcycles except for the ground clearance and suspension angle and travel.
A dirt bike? The design is half cooked for that too. Bajaj got this to hide their inability to get all electric bike and want to market this as commuter bike, give 3 plus seats capacity inticing the youth to break law.
Where are the tires like dirt bike?
Even suspension, weight.
Dirt bikes are ridden only by rider, not even recommended for pillion.
I don’t think bajaj will even enter that niche segment.
Old 9th July 2024, 22:19   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunGaDa View Post
A dirt bike? The design is half cooked for that too.
Where are the tires like dirt bike?
Even suspension, weight.
Dirt bikes are ridden only by rider, not even recommended for pillion.
I don’t think bajaj will even enter that niche segment.
I am sorry, if i have failed to convey the seat design is inspired from dual sport motorcycles. Since I was telling only about the seat design. It is no where related to dual sport and definitely a commuter bike made to run at very low cost. Nothing wrong in giving longer seat for the comfort and also to access CNG tank. I am sure engineers would have worked on it a lot in terms of comfort, safety, accessibility and reliability. FYI Dirt bike and Dual sport are different segment. People who wants to break the rules will break rules no matter what. According to me this motorcycle is very good looking, well designed, very fuel efficient and reliable than EV for the segment and price.

Last edited by Karthik1100 : 9th July 2024 at 22:20.
Karthik1100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 00:40   #74
BHPian

Great product! Well done Bajaj for bringing a novel product to the market. This could be the now Pulsar for Bajaj. However, I do note that during my recent drive to Goa and back I saw very long queues in CNG refilling stations. o CNG penetrations outside of big cities is not good. I am not sure what the government strategy is for this fuel though?
doga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 23:11   #75
BHPian

I am sure Bajaj Auto is going to hit their target with this one as well.

Now with option of CNG in 2wheelers, can someone please do an overall comparison of this bike with equally priced EV & petrol bike/scooter purely on basis of operating cost.
Other variables (like: CNG filling turnaround time, range anxiety, reliability, safety, resale, etc) can be ignored for now since these are still unknown.

I still feel that if your daily commute is within 70kms then EV makes more sense than cng/petrol options, esp if you have a rooftop solar plant at home
vzvish91 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks