Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2024, 16:58   #106
BHPian

Re: Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
I have been holding off my purchase for the basic issues to be resolved as everyone I spoke to suggested that I wait for couple of months after the launch for the initial niggles to be sorted out.

Do you think the issues are resolved and now would be a better time to go ahead with my purchase?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMatters View Post
Well, I can only comment for myself. And for me, yes it feels the bike has no issues. It is advisable to wait for these initial concerns to die down before going on for a new automobile. If you can wait, I would advise to wait a bit more, I think somewhere 8 to 10 months should be good timeframe from launch, if you want to be protected by these niggles.

One more factor I feel is the quality of service, which needs a lot of efforts from Triumph. I am not sure how much of improvements they can bring in. The service experience is very mediocre. I have seen the experience of Honda Big Wing, which is quite polished.
Exactly this, if you are okay with taking the bike to the service station to get the updates/ issues resolved. Please do go for it, or else wait atleast until the middle of this year. Like it is mentioned above service is a hit or miss. I had good experiences both times when i visited them.
Accessories are also not readily available.
aston_martyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 10:49   #107
BHPian

Quote:
...now would be a better time to go ahead with my purchase?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMatters View Post
If you can wait, I would advise to wait a bit more, I think somewhere 8 to 10 months should be good timeframe from launch, if you want to be protected by these niggles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aston_martyr View Post
Please do go for it, or else wait atleast until the middle of this year.
@prasathlr - Just so, if you are willing to wait, one thing you should have in the back of your mind is, that post the Financial year (Starting April'24), MY24 bikes would start to come up (All bikes being sold until then, more or less, will be MY23) and I have been told by the dealer here in Hyderabad that as soon as the MY24 bikes come, the prices of the Scrambler 400X are set to increase (Give or take 14-15K ) is what I was informed. Just thought you should consider this too along with the other important factors already highlighted above.

Last edited by Cyber_Samurai : 30th January 2024 at 10:51. Reason: Typos
Old 30th January 2024, 11:09   #108
BHPian

How accurate are those media reviews about less-efficient braking on Scrambler? Can the owners please shed light on this?
Old 30th January 2024, 11:27   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
How accurate are those media reviews about less-efficient braking on Scrambler? Can the owners please shed light on this?
I cannot say that it is less efficient. It is progressive and sufficient enough in the city. At highway speeds I use both the front and rear 70-30 in case of an emergency scenario, so I am comfortable with it for now.

Especially after the front brake lever was replaced recently with a beefier one, the application feels much better.

But every rider have their own preference.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th February 2024 at 20:32. Reason: i —> I
aston_martyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 14:23   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Samurai View Post
@prasathlr - Just so, if you are willing to wait, one thing you should have in the back of your mind is, that post the Financial year (Starting April'24), MY24 bikes would start to come up (All bikes being sold until then, more or less, will be MY23) and I have been told by the dealer here in Hyderabad that as soon as the MY24 bikes come, the prices of the Scrambler 400X are set to increase (Give or take 14-15K ) is what I was informed. Just thought you should consider this too along with the other important factors already highlighted above.
Does the MY24 bikes come with any minor update or is it just the increase in the cost of the bike?

If the price increase is in the range of 14-15k then the prices of Himalayan and Scrambler 400X will be almost in the same range.

The decision to buy the bike is so confusing.!
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 15:42   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Does the MY24 bikes come with any minor update or is it just the increase in the cost of the bike?

If the price increase is in the range of 14-15k then the prices of Himalayan and Scrambler 400X will be almost in the same range.

The more options the more confused you would be , on other hand its a win win situation for customer as well, you can drill down to your exact requirement and get a machine which would fulfill your specific requirements.
NEMatters is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 16:07   #112
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
You can always get the Speed 400 sintered brake pads and install them on the Scrambler 400x if you feel the braking is inadequate.

You shouldn't be making a make or break decision based on just this one point.

Last edited by antz.bin : 30th January 2024 at 16:09.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 17:57   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Well, welcome to the club!

Quote:

The dealer here had no credible info on the updates on the MY24 bike. Even if he did, I would have taken that with a pinch of salt. Personally, I don't think there would be any updates to the bike so soon (Its just been months). May be, the anniversary editions, etc., might get. But don't foresee any in the immediate future.

Furthermore, it had been previously declared that these prices were only introductory. So, the price hike is imminent. Post the hike, the bike will again become almost equivalent to the Himalayan 450.
Old 2nd February 2024, 20:43   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
You can always get the Speed 400 sintered brake pads and install them on the Scrambler 400x if you feel the braking is inadequate.

You shouldn't be making a make or break decision based on just this one point.
DO NOT DO THAT!

They can be, but not recommended. Speed 400 are sintered. Scrambler are organic. Braking performance can deteriorate and brake noise issues can crop up
Old 3rd February 2024, 22:24   #115
Senior - BHPian

British media got their hands on Triumph 400cc bikes in Valencia, Spain and their review videos are now made public. We already know the differences (India Vs Europe) including tyres. I was expecting Metzler Sportec rather than Roadtec in Speed 400.

MCN, UK

MCN reviewer liked Speed 400 more than Scrambler 400x. MCN is always seen as having soft corner for Triumph, so take their opinion with pinch of salt.

Visordown

Reviewer liked Scrambler 400x and his exploits doing bit of off-road.

Yet to have videos from Bennetts bike or Missendenflyer.
sukiwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 19:46   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Samurai View Post
Well, welcome to the club!

Furthermore, it had been previously declared that these prices were only introductory. So, the price hike is imminent. Post the hike, the bike will again become almost equivalent to the Himalayan 450.
I have decided to go ahead with the purchase of Scrambler 400X.

Could anyone advise is it better to go with the dealer offered insurance or is 3rd party insurance better?

What are the things that I need to keep in mind when purchasing the insurance?
Old 7th February 2024, 10:56   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Could anyone advise is it better to go with the dealer offered insurance or is 3rd party insurance better?
I suggest going with the dealer offered insurance for peace of mind and hassle free experience in case of any claim in future. The difference of cost between dealer offered and outside insurance won't be much.

You can Google or check policybazaar and fill details until final page of making payment. The final price including taxes will be close to what the dealer insurance price is.
Ratan Prabhu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 18:17   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratan Prabhu View Post
I suggest going with the dealer offered insurance for peace of mind and hassle free experience in case of any claim in future. The difference of cost between dealer offered and outside insurance won't be much.

You can Google or check policybazaar and fill details until final page of making payment. The final price including taxes will be close to what the dealer insurance price is.
Thank you. Checked around with others as well and decided to go with the dealer itself as there is hardly any difference in getting insurance from outside the dealer. Only Acko insurance was on the cheaper side but the reviews over the claims were not great.
Old 8th February 2024, 21:09   #119

A friend of mine went to dealership in Gurugram to enquire regarding Scrambler 400x. The price quoted by dealership has a logistic charge which seems illegal. Also the insurance option offered primarily is on high side. They also have option for Oriental and TATA AIG which offers around 23-24k which seems reasonable.

IMO they shouldn’t charge this logistic charges. They are justifying this saying we levy this even on big bikes ranging from 2000-25000 INR.

This number plate charges on top of the RTO charges also doesn't seem right. Let me know your opinion. See the attached picture showing full breakup.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review-1image.jpg  

Old 9th February 2024, 12:00   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridesbysky View Post
Let me know your opinion. See the attached picture showing full breakup.
The ex showroom price should be 2,62,996.
I don't think road tax for Gurugram or Delhi NCR is 10% or is it ? Considering the insurance for Speed400 is around 23k, the 29k quoted for scrambler seems high. Overall, I think the final total price is "atleast" 7k more than it should be.

It is a low margin product for the dealers so they will always try to squeeze in something. And the general perception of the dealers is - whoever is willing to buy a 3L rupee bike won't mind or question the ~7k extra charged here and there.

But this is just my opinion. Best to confirm the on-road price from someone who has bought the bike from the same region.
Ratan Prabhu is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed