Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2024, 11:12   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtx2 View Post
Interesting... I have been exploring custom made brackets for multiple accessories on the bike. This looks clean, where did you get it made and what was the cost.
I work for a company which is into sheet metal based retail fitout design and fabrication. There are CAD softwares and CNC machines for sheet metal processing. So made the clamp myself at my workplace.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 15:42   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
I work for a company which is into sheet metal based retail fitout design and fabrication. There are CAD softwares and CNC machines for sheet metal processing. So made the clamp myself at my workplace.
Ah!! that is cool. I would not not buy any mounts if I had such access.
CNC machine time on the shop is available here at a cost. But CAD/3D design as a service is not available and I am no expert in that.
gtx2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 20:06   #273

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Scrambler has 14T front and feels short geared. Many have changed it internationally to 15T on the scrambler to make the gearing taller and bike a bit calmer.

Bajaj being Bajaj, it seems the front sprocket on the Duke 390, Dominar and speed 400 are all same and fit each-other. So hopefully I will be able to find one from the sibling and attempt to change the sprocket myself. It seems like a simple affair basis videos on Youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston_martyr View Post
It's the wild wild west out here. I could not get it. Tried 2 different service centers.
If you are able to help on the other hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh_N/A View Post
Front sprockets are available separately. I recently bought 14T front sprocket for 250rs from service centre in chennai.
I actually changed the front sprocket to 15T a month ago from Dominar 400. Result was definitely there. It was a lot calmer in first gear and so forth. You could feel the difference in rpm while cruising. 80-90 kmph feels smooth. You can order from https://www.99rpm.com/ while I visited 3 service centres for sprocket drive and couldn't get it.

Also changed front brake pads while I was at it (complained in service center and they said THATS HOW IT IS!!! So I had to fix it myself)
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review-20240713_180143.jpg  

Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review-screenshot_20240828_194226_chrome.jpg  

Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review-20240713_180151.jpg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th August 2024 at 21:42. Reason: Typos, formatting and using caps where needed. Please review the forum posting guidelines before proceeding.
Uchihaitachii is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 28th August 2024, 21:27   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchihaitachii View Post
I actually changed the front sprocket to 15T a month ago from Dominar 400.
Much appreciated. When I initially searched 99rpm I only saw the entire sprocket kit as the only option for purchase. However the part numbers certainly help. I've placed the order, hopefully it arrives before the next breakfast ride.

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th August 2024 at 21:43. Reason: Please use caps where needed (i —> I). This is a chronic issue across your posts.
aston_martyr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks