Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Even Kozhikode Triumph are providing custom paints
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 13:16   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review

Quote:
I always wonder why people get PPF done by paying so much. Regular wax and polish to maintain and replace later if required.
It makes sense for bigger and expensive bikes to have the paint protection film. Replacing tank or other body panels are costly and time consuming affair. Wax, polish and even all those various types of ceramic coatings can only do so much. A proper PPF from the likes of 3M, Garware, Avery Dennison, etc are very strong and will prevent scratches of various nature and some hard ones as well. I do agree that the costs involved are high and should be lesser. There are also cheaper options form many chinese brands and for Rs 1200-1500, we can get the tank of a typical Enfield wrapped in PPF. At times, these cheap films are difficult to remove and cause more damage to paint, so caution is advised.

Even for mid segment bikes costing between 2-4L, it may make sense to have PPF as it helps with the resale value. I had PPF on bonneville and removed it before putting it up for sale. The tank looked as good as new and surely added to the visual appeal. I have PPF on the Interceptor and know it will help during sale. I do not have it on Xpulse, as that is a relatively low value bike and used for off-roading where scratches/dents are common.

Wrapping is another option where one can protect the paint with vinyl film and also achieve a customized/unique look for the bike.

Quote:
How are triumph 400s getting so many attractive custom colourways? Are they going through some special registration hoops to get this done? I wish our RTOs relaxed a bit on paint jobs because I would love to swap tanks like sneakers on bikes like these.
First the bike is purchased and registered in stock colour. Post that, its painted at dealer level and the dealer fecilitates for the change of colour in the RC card. This additional cost of change of colour is paid by the buyer separately and is not included as a part of custom colour package.
nasirkaka is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 16:49   #228
BHPian

Re: Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16h22 View Post
The best one so far imo. In classic Rothmans colors.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8WgFDrP...RlODBiNWFlZA==
Beautiful. I'd love one in classic Mclaren colours- either the Marlboro ones from the late 80s for Prost/Senna, or the late 90s/early 2000s ones with the West Mclaren-Mercedes colours for Hakkinen/Raikkonen.
Sudarshan42 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks