Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2024, 10:29   #211
BHPian

Re: Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Anyways my requirements are mostly commuting and some light trails with sedate riding, so should suffice.
The Scrambler is coming with Apollo Tramplrs as stock tyres now, I believe. Bulu Pattnaik over on YouTube did a lot of heavy trails in the northeast on Reise TrailRs, so that's always a viable option, and Bosky at Big Bear in Bangalore is running Reise TourRs for a use case similar to yours. Should make for a diverse choice of tyres.
AulusGabinius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 11:14   #212
Senior - BHPian

Problem is how do we trust these reviewers? Bosky stood by various Himalayan 450 issues, called it smoothest engine etc, next thing you know RE has given tickets to UK trip for the loyalty. Bulu also receives a lot of freebies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AulusGabinius View Post
The Scrambler is coming with Apollo Tramplrs as stock tyres now, I believe. Bulu Pattnaik over on YouTube did a lot of heavy trails in the northeast on Reise TrailRs, so that's always a viable option, and Bosky at Big Bear in Bangalore is running Reise TourRs for a use case similar to yours. Should make for a diverse choice of tyres.
Sebring is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 11:20   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Problem is how do we trust these reviewers? Bosky stood by various Himalayan 450 issues, called it smoothest engine etc, next thing you know RE has given tickets to UK trip for the loyalty. Bulu also receives a lot of freebies.
Obviously. Bosky is the biggest joke amongst the old Poona Bullet boys. We love watching his videos when we feel the testosterone levels not getting a spike. Very cathartic. Pretty sure old school Bangalore RTMC guys get similar chuckles.

New age Bullet boys get very offended because Big Bear is deity level ... ("He's a senior rider like you" I got told once, grumpily LOL)

Getting serious, all of these so called influencers do it as a mutual back scratching exercise.

The last and only guy I personally knew and rode with who genuinely did not give a hoot, was Dilip Bam.

One would hope that BHPians here are more mature and more seasoned (and skilled) riders than to take the likes of "bulu biker" and these two middle aged jokers seriously.

P.S. Hope I'm not breaking any Team BHP rules by injecting a dose of realism, real world perspective and humor here.

Last edited by ebonho : 23rd July 2024 at 11:47.
ebonho is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 12:21   #214
Senior - BHPian

I take these product reviews by the social media 'influencers' with a big pinch of salt. We all have our biases, and theirs may have more than a few reasons including appeasement from the brands they endorse. I too have seen that off-roading video by bulubiker and was pleasently surprised with the bike and biker's capablities.

On another note, I was thinking aloud on some minor cosmetic mods. Painting some of the silver elements on the sides to black and maybe use a dash of Dewalt yellow for some sportiness. Tried something on photoshop, let me know your thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review-02-01.jpg  

Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review-02-02.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 12:54   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On another note, I was thinking aloud on some minor cosmetic mods. Painting some of the silver elements on the sides to black and maybe use a dash of Dewalt yellow for some sportiness. Tried something on photoshop, let me know your thoughts.
Like the second one. Maybe the stripe on the tank too (I would).

I think I've mentioned it somewhere earlier. I really dont like these brown seats. If you had to go brown, at least give a proper old school tan and white stitching look.

Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review-images-1.jpeg

Last edited by ebonho : 23rd July 2024 at 13:03.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 15:05   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Like the second one. Maybe the stripe on the tank too (I would).
Attachment 2631075
I too was thinking of the strip on the tank but was not sure if it would be easy to do in real life. Others parts seem fairly simple to colour. Here is sharing a basic visualization of the same. Stock vs yellow accented.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review-02-04.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 15:12   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too was thinking of the strip on the tank but was not sure if it would be easy to do in real life. Others parts seem fairly simple to colour. Here is sharing a basic visualization of the same. Stock vs yellow accented.
Get it done by a radium guy or a wrap guy.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 15:21   #218
BHPian

Quote:
I too was thinking of the strip on the tank but was not sure if it would be easy to do in real life.
I've already suggested to go for the custom colorways, when the OEM is giving an option, we should go for an 1/1 custom paint job for our motorcycle!

Here are some options,

Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review-yellow_jpg.jpg
Nasir's yellow

Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review-white_jpg.jpg
ebonho's white

Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review-gulf_crop.jpg
My current favorite, Gulf stripes (must have some Kerala connections)

Happy customizing,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 17:23   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've already suggested to go for the custom colorways, when the OEM is giving an option, we should go for an 1/1 custom paint job for our motorcycle!
Lovely colours.
I remember some post on this, thought it was by some custom shop outside of Triumph. Are you sure these options are available from showroom everywhere? No one gave this options while booking. If i knew, would have settled for the yellow. I loved the Ducati scrambler in yellow when it was launched around 2015.
Its already late now, with booking done and registration process started

PS. Just checked, the custom colour option was at dealer level and only at Pune. And charging 15K for just the tank colour is a bit high. One can buy a new tank at 8K is what i read somewhere.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 17:55   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post

Happy customizing,
surjaonwheelz
The best one so far imo. In classic Rothmans colors.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8WgFDrP...RlODBiNWFlZA==
b16h22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 18:34   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Its already late now, with booking done and registration process started

PS. Just checked, the custom colour option was at dealer level and only at Pune. And charging 15K for just the tank colour is a bit high. One can buy a new tank at 8K is what i read somewhere.
Even Kozhikode Triumph are providing custom paints, anyways this can be done later also. There's no cost justification for exclusivity!

I also don't understand the current trend of protecting a motorcycle with PPF, to each his own, I would fill that much worth of fuel and ride the vehicle.

Quote:
The best one so far imo. In classic Rothmans colors.
Yeah, these are classic liveries, waiting for a Martini themed motorcycle.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 10:51   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I also don't understand the current trend of protecting a motorcycle with PPF, to each his own, I would fill that much worth of fuel and ride the vehicle.
I agree. Better to accumulate scratches and change the fuel tank after a long time. I changed the CBR 250R fuel tank for 9k after 10 years. Also there was rust inside, a common issue with initial batch vehicles.

Also changed the side panels from silver to black when i had dropped the vehicle from stand still and accumulated some scratches. Did not cost much.

I always wonder why people get PPF done by paying so much. Regular wax and polish to maintain and replace later if required.
PatienceWins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 11:14   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2631169
My current favorite, Gulf stripes (must have some Kerala connections)

Happy customizing,
surjaonwheelz
How are triumph 400s getting so many attractive custom colourways? Are they going through some special registration hoops to get this done? I wish our RTOs relaxed a bit on paint jobs because I would love to swap tanks like sneakers on bikes like these.
hikozaru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 11:18   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikozaru View Post
How are triumph 400s getting so many attractive custom colourways? Are they going through some special registration hoops to get this done? I wish our RTOs relaxed a bit on paint jobs because I would love to swap tanks like sneakers on bikes like these.
As per my understanding, its being offered to customers and undertaken at a dealer level itself before its even registered in the name of the customer. So RTO registration happens with the new paint job right from the word go.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 11:41   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Of course, but I think enough BHPians have used these tyres on similar bikes over the years, so I suppose cross-checking shouldn't be too hard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks