Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2024, 15:30   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashikf1 View Post
2. I’m feeling a lot of vibrations on the left side of the handlebar. I installed the hand grippers which reduced it say 30%bit otherwise its still dominant. Checked for any loose nut but found none. Anyone else felt this? Any solution that worked?
Try bar end weights which should further reduce the vibrations on the handlebar. You also get brake lever grippers on motousher which could reduce the vibrations further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkitheaviator View Post
Can anyone confirm if there’s an RPM lock in the first 1000 kms? My scrambler doesn’t seem to cross the 6.5k rpm mark even I try to pull a lot
There must be, because the user manual suggests you don't go beyond 7K RPM in the first 1000KM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I've been to their factory, used multiple products over multiple motorcycles, and aside from the inevitable rust, I have also suffered a past bash plate fracture.
Just one advice - STAY AWAY.
What options would you suggest if not for these common 3rd party manufacturers - I ask because the availability of lower engine guards from Triumph seem to be the most hidden secret on Planet Earth at this moment.

Last edited by Axe77 : 7th April 2024 at 10:25. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
+broken_piston+ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 21:12   #182
BHPian

Re: Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaljawahar View Post
Will they unlock it during the first service even if the bike has not crossed 1000 kms?
FYI - I got my Scrambler 400x serviced today (first service) and the SA confirmed they won’t unlock the rev limiter and that it gets auto-unlocked once the bike reaches 1000 kms.
Old 7th April 2024, 07:39   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by +broken_piston+ View Post
What options would you suggest if not for these common 3rd party manufacturers - I ask because the availability of lower engine guards from Triumph seem to be the most hidden secret on Planet Earth at this moment.
Try bandidos pitstop/ legundary customs. Available on Amazon with return policy. Go for the one with the slider puck. Seems minimal, neat with both upper and lower engine protection.

Basically Triumph ASC is still mediocre at best. They don't call back or take enquiries. I have been asking since 2 months for the lower engine guard and finally they said it arrived yesterday. Asked to keep one aside till the coming week. God knows if they'll do that also. Initially the wait was for 2 weeks (according to ASC) hence didn't go for the legundary one.

Last edited by Axe77 : 7th April 2024 at 10:24. Reason: Clean up edits.
Senotrius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 15:28   #184

Hi I went for a test ride of scrambler 400X today. I am upgrading from a pulsar ns200. I am 5'5 and was completely tiptoeing making u-turns tricky. However I feel that will get better with practice. Can the veterans here confirm that I'm not completely wrong about this?

Another issue I noticed was that after turning off the bike, the speedometer does a bit of a wobble before coming to rest. Found this in all the display vehicles. Is this something that is fixed with an update?

Last edited by Axe77 : 29th May 2024 at 17:06.
Old 29th May 2024, 17:54   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishavch2104 View Post
Hi I went for a test ride of scrambler 400X today. I am upgrading from a pulsar ns200. I am 5'5 and was completely tiptoeing making u-turns tricky. However I feel that will get better with practice. Can the veterans here confirm that I'm not completely wrong about this?

Another issue I noticed was that after turning off the bike, the speedometer does a bit of a wobble before coming to rest. Found this in all the display vehicles. Is this something that is fixed with an update?
I have this wobble as well on my Speed 400. As do other units. I'm guessing it's some basic hardware issue overlooked by Triumph. I informed the ASC as well. No reply from their part except to show it on other bikes.

My opinion, thou not a veteran offroader, is to be comfy with your footing. If you're confident to manage the weight of the bike go ahead. If not I would say go for the Speed 400. For my height of 5'7/ 5'8 ish I was comfy with the 400X seat height and it didn't feel heavier than my S400. A riding boot or any boot with thick sole/heel also makes it easier. Atleast you can completely flat foot one side I believe?

Last edited by Senotrius : 29th May 2024 at 17:56.
Senotrius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 17:54   #186
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not a veteran but I've lived with a friend's Rally edition Xpulse for about 6-7 months. I'm 5'6 and haven't ridden anything taller than an AS200 upto that point and it took me a couple of weeks to get used to the really tall 870-880 mm seat. What is important is the balance and fuelling of the motorcycle. As long as you feel decently comfortable with the bike, you'll only get used to it as the time progresses. Don't overthink about it unless your use case is limited to purely city riding and involves many U-turns. If you are not heavy, you can drop the rear preload by a notch or two to make the bike sit down a bit more.
b16h22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 22:02   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Yes you are right about this, you will be tip toeing and you will get used to it with time ofcourse. As long as you are comfortable with the bike this will be a non issue with time.

Quote:
Yes it does, also the speedo has a 10% error. And no there is no fix coming for this. Low fuel indicator is also finicky aka not very reliable.
aston_martyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 00:24   #188

Anyone has got a paddock stand for the scrambler, any online options which are compatible.
I have got the moto jack but unable to use it, it keeps on slipping on the floor.
Main use will be cleaning and lubing chain.
Old 1st July 2024, 18:58   #189
BHPian

The 10k discount is back. This time it is applicable for both - Speed400 as well as Scrambler400x. For the month of July only.

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/triumph...-12500117.html
Old 4th July 2024, 11:24   #190
Senior - BHPian

Test rode the scrambler 400X last weekend. I am looking for a bike to replace my ageing 310GS and thought scrambler comes close.

I have been very happy with the 310 gs for last 6 years (60k kms) and for any bike to replace it means very big Shoe to fill in. Use case for the bike includes daily office commute, weekend trail rides and some overnighters as well. 310 GS has been supremely comfortable, with near perfect ergonomics. Mechanically very sound and well built as i have use it the way it should have been and its all held very well. But slowly i can feel that its time to replace it with something new.

Scrambler is close to 310 in terms of ergonomics and ride comfort. Similar seat height and somewhat similar ergonomics. A noticible difference being, on the 310, we sit INTO the bike where as on the scrambler, we sit ON the bike. This may show more on long highway rides as we will be more explosed to the elements. Standing and riding on the scrambler feels a bit wanting as there is nothing much to hold onto the bike. Braking on both the bikes are similar.

What works in favour of scrambler is the engine which is more refined and less buzzy than my first generation 310. It is also peppy, and torquey and sounds better too. I am more or less sold on the idea of replacing the 310 with scrambler, however had a few points/doubts where the thread members could help with their experience.

* The foot pegs felt a bit unstable and flex, especially while standing and riding. Is there any fix to this?
* Couple of times, test ride bike felt like it was about to stall. Is this a common issue?
* Has anyone fitted handlebar risers? How does the bike feel with the riser? Is it simple mod without causing any stress to the control cables?
* Are fixing aux lights easy? Are there any Aux point outlets provided? Does Triumph/ Bajaj make a fuss w.r.t warrenty claims, if modifications like aux lights are there on the bike?
* Horn felt meak. What options have owners explored for the same?
* Are there any decent after-market exhaust options.
* Anyone is making center-stand for the bike in India?
* The seat felt like it has a slight slope towards the front. Have others felt the same? How is the comfort over long hours in the saddle?
* Does the bike throw a lot of drit from the road onto the rider during monsoon/rain rides?
* What is a realistic mileage / tank range we can expect from the bike?
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Scrambler 400 X Review-img_20240630_142212.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 21:26   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
* The foot pegs felt a bit unstable and flex, especially while standing and riding. Is there any fix to this?
* Couple of times, test ride bike felt like it was about to stall. Is this a common issue?
* Has anyone fitted handlebar risers? How does the bike feel with the riser? Is it simple mod without causing any stress to the control cables?
* Are fixing aux lights easy? Are there any Aux point outlets provided? Does Triumph/ Bajaj make a fuss w.r.t warrenty claims, if modifications like aux lights are there on the bike?
* Horn felt meak. What options have owners explored for the same?
* Are there any decent after-market exhaust options.
* Anyone is making center-stand for the bike in India?
* The seat felt like it has a slight slope towards the front. Have others felt the same? How is the comfort over long hours in the saddle?
* Does the bike throw a lot of drit from the road onto the rider during monsoon/rain rides?
* What is a realistic mileage / tank range we can expect from the bike?
Regarding your concerns, my friend who has the Speed and another who has the Scrambler have tried a lot of stuff. Here's what they've said when I showed them your post:
1. Titanium off-road foot pegs which fit the Adv 390 are a partial fix, but the flexy feeling never really goes away. It seems it's a function of the rubbers with regards to the flexy feel. Removing the rubbers reduces it, and changing to proper off-road pegs still further. But there are rubber washers that dampen vibration and keep a little of the feel.
2. The stalling is an issue, fixed with a software update and then with matching revs as much as possible. Bottomline, don't ride it like a 411 Himalayan because it isn't one, despite the low end torque.
3. Risers will require new cables if they add more than 3-4 mm to the cables. They do have that much give.
4. Aux lights should ideally be fitted on the upper engine bars, but there are mounts to put them on the shocks as well. Triumph service centres will help with the fitting, but it will go to the normal battery, no special outlets. They may make a fuss, but BU Bhandari in Pune hasn't yet. Depends on the service centre.
5. Denali Sound Bomb on the Speed. Sounds good, fits easily.
6. No aftermarket exhaust options yet.
7. No real point to fit the center stand, and no.
8. Get the quilted seat, please. The standard tends to smush the plums over time. The quilted is flatter and overall better for touring.
9. The high fender in front prevents a lot, as will mud splash kits, but it will probably do as well as the GS but not as well as the Himalayan.
10. 23-26 on the highways, 28-30 in the city, and 25 in the hills. Keep it at 6k-8k for an easy cruise and mileage is the sweet spot.

Hope this helps!
AulusGabinius is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 16:59   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AulusGabinius View Post
Hope this helps!
Thanks for detailed inputs.

Quote:
1. Titanium off-road foot pegs which fit the Adv 390 are a partial fix, but the flexy feeling never really goes away.
I can live with the footpegs as long as they dont break or flex enough for the shoes to slip. At times, while riding slush and mud of slippery nature, the boots get extra slippery and that is one of my conerns.

Quote:
2. The stalling is an issue, fixed with a software update and then with matching revs as much as possible. Bottomline, don't ride it like a 411 Himalayan because it isn't one, despite the low end torque.
310GS takes a couple of cranks to cold start, but once done, and while on the move, its never stalls. Initial lot had some stalling issue which was fixed with changes made to map, where until the engine came to a particular temperature, the fuel mixture would remain rich. But i have had stalling issues on interceptor which is scary at times. As long as the 400X allows learning and adapting to modulate the throttle to prevent stalling, i am ok.

Quote:
3. Risers will require new cables if they add more than 3-4 mm to the cables. They do have that much give.
I have seen risers from ZANA, so was wondering if its a direct fit or would require cable change. If indeed the later, it might be better to stick to stock set-up.

Quote:
Denali Sound Bomb on the Speed. Sounds good, fits easily.
Sound bomb is not very happy around pressurised water wash and i have lost one that way. Can explore alternatives, not a big issue.

Quote:
7. No real point to fit the center stand, and no.
Personally, i feel the center stand makes a lot of sense even on an adv motorcycle. Be it parking in tricky situations, washing, chain lube and general maintenance, puncture fix or even for a good photo, its helpful. But that is a personal choice. I believe there is a center stand available as an accessory abroad, was wondering if someone had developed one in India too.

Quote:
8. Get the quilted seat, please. The standard tends to smush the plums over time. The quilted is flatter and overall better for touring.
Is this someting bought as an accessory? or one has option to choose this at an additional cost at the time of delivery?
Old 8th July 2024, 17:05   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Is this something bought as an accessory? or one has option to choose this at an additional cost at the time of delivery?
It's an official accessory, it can be ordered while booking and fitted from the factory in Pune. Costs about 10k.

Regarding the footpegs, they're fine in the regular wet, in slush it's suggested to remove the rubbers. The spiky pegs are good enough! And as for the used-to nature, yes, it's a learning curve and you'll get used to it. Stalling isn't an issue.
AulusGabinius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 12:09   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Test rode the scrambler 400X last weekend. I am looking for a bike to replace my ageing 310GS and thought scrambler comes close.
Any particular reason why you are not waiting for the new KTM 390 Adv other than waiting period? I assume you do not want to wait until next year. I had read your test ride experience of Himalayan.

Quote:

Scrambler is close to 310 in terms of ergonomics and ride comfort. Similar seat height and somewhat similar ergonomics. A noticible difference being, on the 310, we sit INTO the bike where as on the scrambler, we sit ON the bike. This may show more on long highway rides as we will be more explosed to the elements.
Sitting ON the bike aspect is what is keeping me away from Scrambler as my use case is more for touring. Being exposed on the highway at high speed with windblast will be a tiring experience for touring.

I think it is a good choice for weekend short tours and city usage. Love the looks and proportions for city usage.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 11:48   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any particular reason why you are not waiting for the new KTM 390 Adv other than waiting period? I assume you do not want to wait until next year. I had read your test ride experience of Himalayan.
I did consider the upcoming 390 adv and the himalayan 450.

Currently i have a three bike garage (310gs, Interceptor and Xpulse) which i eventually want to reduce to a two bike garage, over the next couple of years. My daily commute to work includes 45 kms of bad broken Bangalore roads and traffic. Over weekends, i do enjoy some trails, breakfast rides, and overnighters with freinds. I am not looking at big multi-cylinger bikes, upwards of 600cc. Had the first generation Versys 650 which itself was a mouthful for my requirement. I am happier bashing around relatively smaller bikes than ride bigger bikes which come with too much of baggage and mental load. Also some health issues means i am better off riding sedately.

So having a two bike garage means i require one bike which is more of a city commute friendly bike (and i am not referring to scooters, etc). The bike should be comfortable, decently powerful with some character, upright ergonomics, good suspension, where i think the scrambler 400X fits well. It also allows me to explore some light trails on weekends, around the town.

And the 2nd bike i am looking at is something which is more off-road focussed. I have the upcoming 390 adv in mind along with bikes like CRF300, Sahara, Versys 300, klx 230 etc I will have to really evaluate if they bring enough over the table when compared to 400X. But that is when those are actually here, price point they are launched at, and if they connect while test riding.

Quote:
Sitting ON the bike aspect is what is keeping me away from Scrambler as my use case is more for touring. Being exposed on the highway at high speed with windblast will be a tiring experience for touring.
This is valid point and makes good amount of difference while tuoring on highway. But i have been riding the interceptor on highway which is again "sitting on the bike" stance and have come to terms with it. I use earplugs, and am not a speed junkie, which helps as well. So its not a deal breaker. Even on H450, i felt like i was sitting ON the bike whereas the bike visually looks otherwise.

And to end with, i am also a big fan of 'scrambler' type of bikes. I did try to convert my interceptor into one, but we can only do so much with suspension, and weight, footpegs, etc.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks