Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2023, 19:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Jupiter 125 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav17 View Post
Question : Within days of buying our scooter, a new edition of the Jupiter 125 called SmartXConnect with features like digi speedo, a colour display on the left. It also gets BT connectivity + viewing cricket scores on the screen

It also gets an option for a hazard light and follow me home headlamps. Is it possible to get this installed without breaking warranty/insurance? Please do let me know
100% not possible, quite unfortunate. I'll certainly call the dealer as culprit here as they could've hinted you when buying this model. Whether you opt for a new or old is left to your choice, but they should have mentioned a word about it. They're perhaps in target to close the older stocks & hence didn't mention.

But the SmartXConnect {and all these connected models including Access Connect Edition etc} are primarily built for delivery people. And personally I would consider them as more of distraction at the cost of features. So what you're having is a better model in terms of safety.
aargee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 20:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
- I don't think so unless the screens are the same.
The Screens arent the same, its an all new setup. Just wanted to know if features like follow me headlamps could be changed with just software and an extra switch for the hazard light, as there is space for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
100% not possible, quite unfortunate. I'll certainly call the dealer as culprit here as they could've hinted you when buying this model. Whether you opt for a new or old is left to your choice, but they should have mentioned a word about it. They're perhaps in target to close the older stocks & hence didn't mention.
This was exactly what I thought and we confronted them when we went for the plates. They denied having any knowledge of the launch beforehand and claimed that they would get to know only a night before, which is just plain lies.

Dont really want the new display, features like follow me home headlamps and hazard lights would be nice to have hence asked.
arnav17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 10:46   #18
BHPian

Update : 500km and First Service

The Jupiter has been running fantastic and has been providing great mileage. Touched 500km on 20th November, exactly 37 days from purchase and the service light appeared. Needed it for some work and it got delayed up until last week when it finally went for service. Total cost of the service went up to Rs.860.

TVS Jupiter 125 Review-whatsapp-image-20231202-10.36.48-am.jpeg

An odd issue does occur sometimes when the Jupiter doesn't start on the first try with the auto start/stop system. This occured thrice , but after the service all seems to be good. Hopefully doesn't reoccur.

The Seat cover unfortunately got ruined thanks to a cat which decided to sharpen its nails on it, checked with the service center but they did not have stock.

TVS Jupiter 125 Review-whatsapp-image-20231202-10.40.13-am.jpeg

Sharing some logistics from Fuelio Below :

TVS Jupiter 125 Review-whatsapp-image-20231202-10.34.57-am-1.jpeg

TVS Jupiter 125 Review-whatsapp-image-20231202-10.34.56-am-1.jpeg

TVS Jupiter 125 Review-whatsapp-image-20231202-10.34.56-am.jpeg

TVS Jupiter 125 Review-whatsapp-image-20231202-10.34.57-am.jpeg

As of now, the odometer stands at 638km before todays fill up. Will update next after 1000km.

Thanks for reading
arnav17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 01:29   #19
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Can you please tell us about the mileage figures? We're planning to get one for ourselves
i10_sanjay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 01:44   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by i10_sanjay View Post
Can you please tell us about the mileage figures? We're planning to get one for ourselves
My wife has one.

We are constantly getting 50 kmpl in urban runs.

Before 1st service, it used to give 52-54 kmpl. Post service, they have changed the oil to semi-synthetic. So the mileage dropped I guess.

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2024 at 08:10. Reason: Grammatical errors
Punto_Ntorq Guy is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 2nd March 2024, 17:14   #21
BHPian

I have booked Jupiter 125 Smartxonnect edition recently to replace my 6 year old Jupiter ZX BS4 scooter, due to poor pickup and low mileage. Now that the Jupiter 125 does not have the option to retrofit a kick start lever, could someone please let me know if this is something to be concerned about?

Also what would be the best way to maintain the battery charge level and also imrprove fuel efficiency? And must I change my approach to handle Fuel injected vehicle in a more delicate way, considering the amount of electronics and sesnors involved when compared to a traditional Carburetor based engine?

I would need your help to have my doubts clarified.

Mods , please post it as a separate thread if applicable.
Old 2nd March 2024, 19:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautham_v6 View Post
I have booked Jupiter 125 Smartxonnect edition recently to replace my 6 year old Jupiter ZX BS4 scooter, due to poor pickup and low mileage. Now that the Jupiter 125 does not have the option to retrofit a kick start lever, could someone please let me know if this is something to be concerned about?
The Kick-Start lever is present as standard, some sites are misleading. We have not had any issues with battery getting discharged and fuel efficiency is about 55km. It gives 100+km on a full tank. You have been driving a Jupiter for 6y, should be a breeze to adapt to a slightly more powerful variant.

Congratulations on the Booking
Old 2nd March 2024, 19:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
The Kick-Start lever is present as standard, some sites are misleading. We have not had any issues with battery getting discharged and fuel efficiency is about 55km. It gives 100+km on a full tank. You have been driving a Jupiter for 6y, should be a breeze to adapt to a slightly more powerful variant.

Congratulations on the Booking
Hi arnav17, thank you for your feedback. Actually I saw some units of Jupiter at the showroom waiting to be delivered to customer and none of them had kick starter in them. By any chance could TVS have removed the feature?

Last edited by Gautham_v6 : 2nd March 2024 at 19:23. Reason: Spelling mistake
Gautham_v6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 21:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautham_v6 View Post
Hi arnav17, thank you for your feedback. Actually I saw some units of Jupiter at the showroom waiting to be delivered to customer and none of them had kick starter in them. By any chance could TVS have removed the feature?
That's strange. We got our Jupiter just around 5 months back and we confirmed multiple times that it had a kick starter as I too had seen posts regarding its disappearance. I don't think its been excluded in the SmartXConnect which would be stupid. Request other recent buyers to comment on this. Will check with the showroom too on this once tommorow.
Old 2nd March 2024, 22:15   #25
BHPian

Quote:
That's strange. We got our Jupiter just around 5 months back and we confirmed multiple times that it had a kick starter as I too had seen posts regarding its disappearance. I don't think its been excluded in the SmartXConnect which would be stupid. Request other recent buyers to comment on this. Will check with the showroom too on this once tommorow.
Thanks arnav. Do let me know if you come across any information regarding the kick start lever.

Also to clarify, the kick start is not excluded only for top of the line Smartxconnect variant alone, but for all scooters (Jupiter 110, zest) as well.
Old 4th March 2024, 19:47   #26
BHPian

Hi, in addition to my discussion above , I checked on the official TVS website. Looks like only Jupiter 110 gets the kcik starter, whereas the Jupiter 125 gets silent electric starter motor for ignition.

The details can be found in Technical specifications on TVS website. Guess I have to learn to live with self start primarily .

Could someone confirm if they purchased Jupiter 125 this year and whether the dealer honoured thw request for retrofitting a kick starter?
Gautham_v6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 21:25   #27
BHPian

Any suggestions for a reliable FNG for getting regular service done for Jupiter in south Bangalore?
Old 16th April 2024, 22:29   #28
BHPian

UPDATE : 6 MONTHS AND 2000KM

The Jupiter has clocked 2000km in the passed 6 months and the most part of the journey has been flawless and we are quite happy with our purchase. Elaborating on some key points below.

TVS Jupiter 125 Review-whatsapp-image-20240416-10.32.54-pm.jpeg

Handling:
The handling in comparison to our Access 125 is slightly more difficult due to the weight but in all other aspects it is easily manageable. Did give shoulder pain for a bit but now it has adjusted.

Engine performance :
The initial response of the engine to the throttle is excellent and that really helped us when we were chased by a pack of 6 dogs. The Jupiter's quick acceleration helped us reach around 60km/h quite fast and we managed to escape the dogs. The engine is comfortable at speeds <40km/h after which you can hear it whining a little.

Quality of Switches Used :
During the initial days, I found the switches to be satisfactory but that was short lived. The horn switch and the starter are not the best in terms of fit and finish. In fact, I doubt how long that starter is going to last. The sound doesn't inspire much confidence when coming to life.

Mileage :
This is where the Jupiter truly Triumphs, providing great figures of a minimum of at least 50km/l. Would share the fuelio logistics but in-between my mom got the fuel filled and the updates are missing. For a filling of 250 rupees on a nearly empty tank, you can get nearly 100km of peaceful driving. I remember reading a BHpian's post where he mentioned that the FE of his vehicle was so good and the needle refused to drop, he thought the needle was damaged. In this case it is the screen but the same thoughts.

Fit and finish :
Around 5 months into the ownership , we noticed a peculiar vibration at initial acceleration of speeds near 35 km/h which would disappear as the speed increased. Upon talking to the service center, they mentioned that it was a common problem across all the Jupiter 125s, but still not happy about this.

TVS After Sales Services :

This is quite commendable and I truly appreciate the way TVS is handling the team. They call once every 2 weeks and after every service asking about our experience and when we mentioned the vibration problem, they straightaway asked us when we were free and scheduled a checkup before coming to the conclusion.

Lights :
The lights are adequate but the bulb in the taillamp is an eyesore. Hoping to change that to LED's soon but need to check if it will void insurance. The high beam is practically useless, no aligning has helped and it is always half pointing to the sky. Low beam is good enough even on dark roads.

Colour :

The gray colour is a dust magnet and while it looks great after a wash, if not washed for a while it starts gathering dust which is quite visible and is an eyesore. Due to bengaluru's water crisis, I have resorted to wiping it with a microfiber towel once a week.

Other Points:

- My dad met with a minor accident where he fell off the scooter when a lady on another scooter suddenly came ahead of him. He braked hard but unfortunately fell. He sustained a few cuts on his leg and the Jupiter's Right side panel was dented which the service center wanted to replace , but got the dent fixed from one of the roadside dent removers near Yelachenahalli

- The full swipe of the speedometer is a really cool feature which I enjoy whenever I see it.

- Being a typical Indian family, we still haven't removed the plastic covering the instrument cluster, keeping it free of any scratches.

- The side stand sound is very loud and annoying and compeletely unnecessary. I like the one on the new Hero Spendor plus, where it shows an icon in the instrument cluster but makes more noise. More convinient IMHO.

- Around a month back, my neighbor purchased a splendor plus and they drove it so much that it has surpassed 2000km and beyond in less than a month.

- The engine oil light is pretty much always on before starting and refuses to disappear.

That's it for the 2000km update, will share some pics soon. No recent shots so plan to clean it once over the weekend and get some good snaps.

Thanks for reading

P.S. - A KB100 RTZ Restoration thread is coming soon.

Last edited by arnav17 : 16th April 2024 at 22:34.
Old 16th April 2024, 22:31   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 115 View Post
Any suggestions for a reliable FNG for getting regular service done for Jupiter in south Bangalore?
You can look at Synergy TVS in Ragigudda. We purchased our Jupiter there and the service quality is commendable.

Mods please merge with the earlier post. Sorry for the repeat post.
Old 1st June 2024, 22:42   #30
BHPian

Across Bangalore all TVS dealers are quite good ones. My go to dealer is Himaalayaa TVS for service. For those who are in East Bangalore, they can avail the services of Trijal TVS, in North Prakruthi TVS, in West and South Synergy is good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks