Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2023, 13:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Yamaha TMax maxi-scooter spotted in India

The Yamaha TMax maxi-scooter has been spotted in India. It is said that this might be a private import and not a test mule.

Yamaha TMax maxi-scooter spotted in India-f76ter6auaadiln.jpg

As you can see from the image, the Yamaha TMax has a sporty presence. It features dual LED headlights with a large electronically controlled windscreen at the front, a step-up seat, and an upswept exhaust. It offers features such as a digital instrument console with smartphone connectivity, cruise control, heated seats, and heated grips.

Yamaha TMax is powered by a 562cc parallel-twin cylinder engine that makes 46 BHP and 55.9 Nm. The engine is paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT).

The TMax rides on an upside-down front fork and a mono-shock at the rear. Braking is handled by dual 267 mm front discs and a single 282 mm disc at the rear. The maxi-scooter rides on 15-inch wheels.

Source: Bunny Punia

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 10th October 2023 at 13:57.
TusharK is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 14:09   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)
Re: Yamaha TMax maxi-scooter spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The Yamaha TMax maxi-scooter has been spotted in India. It is said that this might be a private import and not a test mule.
A private import would not be running on red KA numberplate, which are given exclusively to manufacturers for testing purposes.
Haze is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 17:47   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
A private import would not be running on red KA numberplate, which are given exclusively to manufacturers for testing purposes.
Is that a KA thing? Because I'd taken my Thar's delivery on temporary red plates (MH) which were valid for 1 week IIRC. Reason = I was waiting for a special number allocation.

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
In Kerala, generally, vehicles are delivered with temporary registration. Owners then get the car registered themselves at the RTO with or without the help of an agent. I have never seen a car delivered with permanent registration in Kerala. All the new vehicles, when driven out of the showroom, will have the temp registration printout stuck to the number plate.
Yamaha TMax maxi-scooter spotted in India-punto.jpg
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 18:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Is that a KA thing? Because I'd taken my Thar's delivery on temporary red plates (MH) which were valid for 1 week IIRC. Reason = I was waiting for a special number allocation.
A lot of grey areas exist regarding temporary registration plates in various states. Some states do not allow temporary registrations at all. All cars in Chandigarh, Haryana and Rajasthan are delivered with a temporary registration plate while the regular plates are awaited during the next 30-45 days.

Chandigarh for example has zero tolerance for temporary number displayed on a sticker. It is mandatory to display temporary number (valid for 30 days max) on a white colour plate.

In Rajasthan and Uttarakhand, I see every new car running with A/F written on the number plate area.

Since the last 3 years or so, temporary registration has been streamlined across the country with a uniform pattern of number being issued that generally begins with the letters TO etc.

Below link describes that as per CMVR rules, all cars with temporary registrations must have red plates.

https://www.acko.com/car-guide/diffe...ates-in-india/

Three screenshots for quick reference:

Yamaha TMax maxi-scooter spotted in India-img_7283.jpeg

Yamaha TMax maxi-scooter spotted in India-img_7284.jpeg

This, however, says yellow background with red letters which is the case with those sticker type number plates. Yellow is for commercial vehicles IMHO and all temporary registration plates should be in red across India.

Yamaha TMax maxi-scooter spotted in India-img_7285.jpeg

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 10th October 2023 at 18:38.
PaddleShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 18:36   #5

Hello But rush lane says it's for testing purpose.

Link as below.

https://www.rushlane.com/yamaha-tmax...-12480401.html
Spikky-ZX Throt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 22:48   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This has changed now. As of 2023, vehicles in Kerala are delivered with a permanent registration number. Not sure since when it got changed, but the process changed sometime between 2021 and 2023. My Nexon had a temporary registration when we took the delivery in December 2020 and a week or so later, we had to go to the RTO inspection site to get the brand new car inspected and get the permanent registration number. But when I got my Himalayan last month, it came with a permanent number plates. Apparently it is all done online now without the need for a physical inspection by the RTO.

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 10th October 2023 at 22:50.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 01:44   #7

Of all the above facts, how do companies test their vehicles? Do they register it on the company name? Even if that can happen unless the vehicle if officially launched it will notbe added into the govt systems right!
Old 11th October 2023, 09:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This has changed now. As of 2023, vehicles in Kerala are delivered with a permanent registration number.
This has now been reverted back; now people who seek fancy numbers can take delivery of the vehicle with red sticker number "plates".

The story is, some bought a car and booked a fancy number. The RTO told them the number can be allotted after 2 or so months only as it is in the queue. The dealership refused to handover the car because it is unregistered. The owner approached high court and obtained a favorable judgement.
sandeepmdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 15:34   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
This has now been reverted back.
Its not reverted back. Not until yesterday atleast. My neighbor bought home his Triumph Speed 400 yesterday evening. It was delivered with actual number plates.

May be, now the rulebook allows the owners to take the delivery with temporary plates in case if the final number allotment takes time (eg:- Fancy number like you mentioned).
Old 5th November 2023, 16:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its not reverted back. Not until yesterday atleast.
Not only fancy numbers but any number you choose deep in the allotment queue will work. If the current allotment is revolving around KL01-xx-5xxx, and you select a number like KL01-xx-7777, now you will receive a bike with a temporary paper sticker number. This applies to any selected number, for example, 7813.

Before the court order, you must have to wait for the allotment to reach 7xxx (while the Triumph bike remains in the showroom, as the dealer won't deliver it without RTO plates).

The only alternative was to select a number closer to the current allotment, such as 5555 or 5813. That's what I did. The allotment was in the 78xx range, and I chose 8088 by paying for number preference, and possibly because it's an even number that no one else had applied for.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 5th November 2023 at 16:44.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks