Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2023, 15:59   #16

Re: My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair

thank you for the replying in regard to the charging port on the 250SX.
I intend to give it another go with another charging cable. Will see how that goes.
No one else seems to be having any issue. I will let you know how I go.
red250SX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 10:00   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on your V-Strom!!! Wishing you many more happy riding days! As a fellow owner, I can attest that the engine massively improves after the first service in terms of refinement and gear shifting. I also wanted to inquire, is the tank pad sticker worth getting? Is it good fitting? Do let me know.
ramubwoyy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 13:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramubwoyy View Post
Congratulations on your V-Strom!!! Wishing you many more happy riding days! As a fellow owner, I can attest that the engine massively improves after the first service in terms of refinement and gear shifting. I also wanted to inquire, is the tank pad sticker worth getting? Is it good fitting? Do let me know.
Hello ramubwoyy, thanks a lot for your wishes. I got the tank pad as a freebie from the dealer. I found it to be a significant value addition after applying it. It protects the tank from minor scratches and gives a better look. I am also considering buying traction pads for the sides of the tank.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-capture.jpg

Regards,
-Badri
Full_Minchingu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 14:46   #19
BHPian

First Service and Group Ride

Greeting everyone, in this post I will be giving details on the first service update and group ride organized by the showroom dealer.

Here is my bike’s first service updates.

Odometer Reading during service – 655 Kms
First Service charge – 1052 Rs.
Service Center – Saptagiri Auto Private Limited.

Observations / Niggles –

• Vibrations in foot pegs at 4,000 to 5,000 RPM range.
  • Hard gear shifts.
The recommendation for first service schedule is 750kms to 1000 km or 30 to 45 days. Mine was at 29th day and I decided to get it serviced on the same day.

Dropped the vehicle by 12 noon and received it on the same day by 5PM.

After service I can easily feel the difference in gear shifts, they have become softer and the vibrations in the foot pegs are also reduced. Apart from these issues and niggles fix, the regular oil and filter change was done, chain is cleaned and lubed.

Currently my odometer reads a notch above 900kms, I have crossed the initial break-in period which was to keep the engine RPM below 5,000 r/min upto 800Kms. During the second break-in period, it is recommended to keep the RPM range below 7,500 r/min upto 1600 Kms. Now, I can open the throttle where the engine roars with life and I can feel the power of the bike.

I would say that the service provided is of a decent quality overall. The bike feels much better than how it was earlier. The engine smoothness has increased.

Saw this board in the service bay, though the heading says as GSX250/F, I think most of the points holds good for V-Strom SX250.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-01.jpg

At the service bay and the service technician Mr. Saleem doing some final adjustments on my bike.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-02.jpg

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-021.jpg

First Service Bill.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-03.jpg

Since I enjoy talking in numbers, I found these details attractive and wanted to share them.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-04.jpg

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-041.jpg

Group ride organized by Sapthagiri Suzuki for the V-Stroms and Gixxers.

Destination was “Gari Resort” located at off Kanakapura road.

I had never been on a group ride before, this was my first time. Maybe I didn't get the chance or didn't explore the possibilities. However, this time I got the opportunity and I readily accepted it. To my surprise it was a good one and I enjoyed a lot. There were totally around 16 bikes, I met lot of new riders, made new friends, discussed about the bike’s pros and cons.

The ride itself was a very short one, covering 80 kilometers to and fro. The NICE road covered most of them. Looking forward for more longer rides.
The resort entry and t-shirts were given as complimentary by the showroom dealer. We had to bear only the fuel and toll charges. The ride was well organized by the dealer, along with us the area Manager, Sales Manager and a technician had accompanied in this event.

Pre-Ride meet and start (flag off) was fixed between 6.30 AM to 7.00 AM from Sapthagiri Showroom Mathikere branch. Though all the riders had reached on time, the area General Manager took his sweet time to arrive and we finally started by 8.45AM.

Before the start we had to fill the self-declaration and personal details form.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-05.jpg

Vehicles lined up before the start, it was raining early in the morning, but later on the rain gods spared us, and it was sunny and bright all day.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-06.jpg

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-0601.jpg

Yours truly receiving the T-shirt.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-07.jpg

A quick 10 min discussion on the ride details, pit stops, dos & don'ts.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-0701.jpg

Flag off scenes, I couldn't get a clear picture, this is a screen grab from video sent in WhatsApp.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-08.jpg

First stop was at the Nelamangala road toll exit. A couple of them missed the convoy by not taking the NICE road, but eventually reached the resort in an another way.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-09.jpg

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-0901.jpg

All of us after reaching the resort.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-10.jpg

Thanks for your time,
Regards,
-Badri
Full_Minchingu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 19:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Glad to see Suzuki organizing some events to get the steam going and the V-Strom has really been turnkey in getting the benediction Suzuki wanted for all these years. Hope they do better in servicing, spare back up and they can turn their tarot for good.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 15:00   #21
BHPian

Went for a short ride to Kesaramadu Gangadhar Idly Hotel which is near Kyathasandra (Tumakuru Road) for some roast idly and masala dose.

Though this place is off Bengaluru-Tumakuru Highway (NH48), Instead of trying the highway that will be packed with weekend traffic and trucks, I explored the village roads. Started my journey from Kommaghatta-Thavarekere-Magadi-Gudemaranahalli-Shivagange hills-Dobbaspet and reached the destination.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-route.jpg

It was a mixed journey till Magadi, as there was road widening work going on and a few stretches were damaged, nevertheless, it tested the shocks of my bike. I felt the shocks were adequate and did not feel any discomfort. However, the second half from Magadi to Dobbaspet was a bliss. Wonderful tarmac with twists and turns. It was freshly laid tarmac with new road markings. I enjoyed each and every kilometer I rode.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-img_20231007_072355.jpg

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-img_20231007_084242.jpg

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-img_20231007_084304.jpg

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-img_20231007_084448_bokeh.jpg

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-img_20231007_084603_bokeh.jpg

Finally reached the destination hotel and had delicious breakfast. The place had a decent crowd with several bikes and cars from Bengaluru. The masala dose was better than the idly, the only difference in this idly was that it was roasted in ghee. The outer part was crispy and inner part soft. No coffee or tea was served there, without coffee or tea, a delicious breakfast is incomplete, I left the place with half satisfaction.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-img_20231007_092655.jpg

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-img_20231007_092715_bokeh.jpg

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-img_20231007_094509.jpg

Return was via boring NH48, since this stretch had some open roads, I opened the throttle up till 7000 RPM, and boy, this bike loves to be revved. As I accelerated, I did not feel any strain on the engine, overtaking was a breeze. I felt some buzz under the seat at 5000 RPM, but it was gone once I go past this range. All in all, I'm deeply in love with this bike and am looking forward to my next highway run on it.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-img_20231007_084258.jpg

Mileage for this 170 odd kms returned a whopping 45 Km/ltr. Another big advantage of having owned this bike, frequent visits to petrol bunk has reduced.

My 2023 Suzuki V-Strom SX 250 | Ownership Review | A Serious Love Affair-img_20231007_105734.jpg

Thank you,
-Badri
Full_Minchingu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 15:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Minchingu View Post
Went for a short ride to Kesaramadu Gangadhar Idly Hotel which is near Kyathasandra (Tumakuru Road) for some roast idly and masala dose.
Badri, Your ride has brought back my memories of ownership. The initial days are definitely blissful.

7000Rpm? Beyond that you will get even more aggressive character.

And regarding the mileage, indeed this 250 mill is the best in the market but do note that the speedo has around 9-10% error. So consider that as well. I realised this after 3 years of ownership .

Last edited by aah78 : 9th October 2023 at 19:37. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please don't quote large posts entirley. Typos.
Castro Gunner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 17:02   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro Gunner View Post
7000Rpm? Beyond that you will get even more aggressive character.
Actually I am still in 2nd run-in period hence restricting it. Can't wait to get past that range.
With respect to mileage, even with the error percentage, coming from 500cc RE, this number is something big for me.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th October 2023 at 19:38. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Full_Minchingu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 17:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro Gunner View Post
7000Rpm? Beyond that you will get even more aggresive character.
There's a point – 7000 RPM – where everything fades. When your machine becomes weightless, just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7000 RPM that's where you meet it. You feel it coming, it creeps up on you close in your ear. Asks you a question, the only question that matters. Who are you?

Last edited by aah78 : 9th October 2023 at 19:38. Reason: Quoted post edited.
krankstter is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 16:46   #25

Friends,
Last Week I purchased Suzuki V Strom SX 250 and I discovered that there is left hand pulling issue in the bike. Does anyone in this group has a solution for this issue?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 25th October 2023, 09:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANZY View Post
Last Week I purchased Suzuki V Strom SX 250 and I discovered that there is left hand pulling issue in the bike.
Please visit service center to check if steering stem nut and/or front wheel axle nut has been overtightened at factory or by dealership person. Both of these are better tightened with a torque wrench for specific torque mentioned in user manual.

If these are sorted, then check if front tyre has uneven wear that demands warranty replacement.
sukiwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 14:50   #27
BHPian

Re: First Service and Group Ride

Quote:
Greeting everyone, in this post I will be giving details on the first service update and group ride organized by the showroom dealer.
-Badri
Hi, Could you please comment on the service quality at Saptagiri Rajajinagar? I am currently not satisfied with my current dealer (Apple Auto), they forgot to even tight the engine bolt after draining and led to me revisiting the service center
Old 31st October 2023, 13:44   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizengadi View Post
Hi, Could you please comment on the service quality at Saptagiri Rajajinagar? I am currently not satisfied with my current dealer (Apple Auto), they forgot to even tight the engine bolt after draining and led to me revisiting the service center
I had my bike's first service at this SVC and my review was good. No negative as such. One thing I understood from this forum is that, there is a technician Mr. Saleem who is an expert in handing V-Strom. I just informed the service advisor Mr. Hanumesh to assign my bike to him for which he acknowledged.

I got my bike serviced on time and my complaints were all addressed.

Regards,
-Badri
Full_Minchingu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 15:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Correct. Only Saleem touches my bike (Trained by Suzuki on VSTROM)
Quote:
I had my bike's first service at this SVC and my review was good. No negative as such. One thing I understood from this forum is that, there is a technician Mr. Saleem who is an expert in handing V-Strom. I just informed the service advisor Mr. Hanumesh to assign my bike to him for which he acknowledged
Sebring is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 18:20   #30

Just got my bike's first service done after driving 500 KMs (1 Month). The engine feels smooth and driving feels great in city and highway. But there are few observations/nitpicks that I want to share with members here to get their feedback and suggestions:

- When my bike was delivered, the top rack stand had few scratches and marks on it. I asked the customer service executive to get it cleaned. He did but it was still there. He said that they are marks from keeping something on top of it. It will get removed after first cleaning. I didn't mind it so didn't persist. But even after first cleaning, they are still there. The service guy said that nothing more can be done. Any recommendation to get it fixed?

- Similarly, the windshield had scratches after I removed the plastic cover. They are not that noticeable but they are visible in sunlight. Is it to be expected or am I being too nitpicky?

- I have received a scratch mark at the exhaust pipe. I wanted it to be fixed but the service centre said that they don't do it here. Should I get it done from outside? What could be expected cost for such a job?

- I find the Clutch to be very hard and tiring while driving in bumper to bumper traffic. I earlier thought it was due to my gloves and changed it. But it didn't have that much improvement. At servicing, they oiled it but I didn't find much difference. Is it as per expectation? Will it feel better after getting more kms on road?

- Similarly, gears still doesn't feel that smooth while driving. I thought it will improve but it hasn't. It is not troublesome but not as smooth as I felt when driving my Yamaha after a service. Is it as per expectation? Will it feel better after getting more kms on road?

- Next observation is that I have seen my bike to go to only 70kmph at 3000 - 4000 rpm. Do I need to rev it more for a higher speed? Should I wait for sometime for it to break-in before doing that?

- Also, they said that there are no accessories available for VStrom SX 250. Even seat covers were not available. Were can I get some decent accessories for my bike at Delhi/Gurgaon?

- Final observation is in relation to suspension. It feels great on city roads, highways, and even broken roads. It bothers me when I drive over those speed-breakers. I have tried going over them at medium speed and slow speed, I can still feel them. Except for slowing it down to 10 - 15kmph, there is no way to avoid those shocks. Any recommendations to avoid those shocks?
thedarkriderVII is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks