Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2023, 16:33   #16
BHPian

Re: 2023 Honda CB200X launched with slipper clutch; priced at Rs 1.47 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhildrao View Post
@madhavgpai doesn't the 200x have the same stiff ride and suspension travel of the hornet ? I would implore you to ride a few more bike to get to know better suspension. You don't have to ridicule the younger generation for choosing a bike you can't ride with comfort.
It is the same as far as I could tell after having ridden both. But it is more comfortable on this bike considering the ergonomics and your ability to slightly stand.

Xpulse's suspension is superior to any bike under 2 lakhs, I agree.
Old 29th December 2023, 17:03   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavgpai View Post
There's always another package at ~15% more purchasing cost.
If there isn't, one shall be launched in that price range in the immediate future. Take 2-3 such steps and the ownership costs double. Not everyone wants to do that. Especially people like me who just want to add a bit of fun to our commutes and getting around the big city we are living in.
Except, my friend, in general, you can find better bikes in the segment by taking both steps forward and backward. The Apache, Xtreme and Pulsar 160s are better commuters, and the CB 300F, Pulsar 250F/N and Xpulse 200 4V are better everything. I know spec sheet doesn't tell everything, but for this particular comparo, the data is backed by experiences of people.

I'm linking the short Bikewale Comparo of the same:
https://www.bikewale.com/compare-bik...10265&source=7

I implore you to please please please test drive other bikes, because I sincerely believe that Honda does not deserve your money in general, with how they treat Indian consumers with their low innovation product, and in particular for the CB 200X. If you're intent on Honda, the CB 300F actually makes for a better tourer than this bike, and Xpulse and Pulsar as well.

Don't reward Honda for making bad products. Let them release the Cb 200X with longer suspension, or an XRE 300 based on the CB 300F engine, and then we can all happily hail the return of the King.
SaintAdventure is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 20:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAdventure;5BikewURL
Don't reward Honda for making bad products. Let them release the Cb 200X with longer suspension, or an XRE 300 based on the CB 300F engine, and then we can all happily hail the return of the King.
As an existing owner of Hornet 2.0, I would politely disagree. Rather than reading online comparisons, I would suggest you to go and test ride either Hornet 2.0 or CB 200X. Sometimes specs don't do full justice to a bike.

Hornet 2.0(and CB200X as they share the same engine/chassis) has an amazingly tractable, smooth, peppy and full of character engine. It's far better suited towards daily commutes than every other bike of its category.

Give it a chance and it won't disappoint, I wager
FireBlade is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 21:54   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBlade View Post
As an existing owner of Hornet 2.0
In general, that would significantly lower the weight of your opinion of the Hornet, since that is a very obvious bias.
I have test ridden all these motorcycles, and for your point, I will say, the Hornet is a nice motorcycle.

But here's the problem. It's a nice motorcycle that's overpriced surrounded by amazing motorcycles both behind and ahead. A good number of more powerful bikes that are easier to service and can do a lot more cost less. No, I did not take the CB 200X offroad to compare it to Xpulse, but the telling part is that the Xpulse was better on road than the CB 200.
SaintAdventure is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 15:21   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBlade View Post
Sometimes specs don't do full justice to a bike.

Hornet 2.0(and CB200X as they share the same engine/chassis) has an amazingly tractable, smooth, peppy and full of character engine. It's far better suited towards daily commutes than every other bike of its category.

Give it a chance and it won't disappoint, I wager
I have ridden every bike in that price segment and I agree with you about Hornet. Spec sheets don't tell the full story when it comes to this bike. It's so peppy, tractable, fuel efficient and offers loads of confidence to corner hard. It's a great daily commuter. But my problem with that bike is pricing. Both Hornet and CB200X should've been priced in between 160's and 200's and not on par with 200-250's like it's currently priced.

For the same price of CB200X/Hornet, you can get Xpulse 200, Apache 200, Pulsar 250 and FZ25 all of which offer much better performance, cruising speed and ride quality. Add to that, the Apache 200 and Pulsar 250 are extremely refined. So the Honda's are a bit underwhelming in this price segment.

Hornet & CB200X are great bikes, but a sales disappointment because they are competing against the wrong competition. Honda has no idea how many potential customers they are loosing due to their over pricing trend. Reduce the price and pitch them against the 160-180 class, and these would become a hit.
RD410 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 15:11   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAdventure View Post

Don't reward Honda for making bad products.
I'm without a bias yet because I haven't bought into Honda.
I can wait till May to sample the early 2024 market. Have another old commuter until then.

Point of my post was that their these 2 budget bikes are not all that bad as online platforms make them sound. What may be of your liking need not work for a third person. That's always there.

All the online review makers are always going behind what's flashy and not answering the million dollar question ever. And so I had to put this out there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks