Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which suits the requirements?
TVS Ntorq 6 8.45%
TVS Jupiter 49 69.01%
Hero Xoom 1 1.41%
Suzuki Avenis 9 12.68%
Yamaha Ray-ZR 6 8.45%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2023, 12:11   #31
BHPian

Re: Which scooter to replace an Access 125? Used by parents for short commutes

My suggestion here would be a hero moto pleasure.
It is compact, reliable, economical and a hero. For shorter commute and low on maintenance, this ICE engine powered scooter seems to be a reliable option. Because of lower seat height makes it easy to get on it and also easy to use in traffic.
DivyanshuDiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 22:48   #32
BHPian

Update :
Had a close relative come down in her Jupiter 125 and I couldn’t resist comparing the access with it side by side. Apologies for the photo quality as it was raining cats and dogs today in the evening .
The driving opinions are not from my side as I am not yet of legal age to drive.

Which scooter to replace an Access 125? Used by parents for short commutes-side-side.jpeg

Design

Which scooter to replace an Access 125? Used by parents for short commutes-headlamp.jpeg

This was the primary reason for me to detest the Jupiter 125, as it looked way too similar to our Access, but honestly the looks grow on you slowly. The Jupiter 125's headlamp + indicator setup is quite similar to the Access with the former having an LED headlamp setup which has a great throw :
Moving to the rear, the two are set apart by their own designs. Personally, I still prefer the access looks as I feel it looks more aggressive (somehow looks like an evil, proud guy grinning from the back ) while the Jupiter looks tame yet seeming like its yearning to be on the road.

The Jupiter gets an LED outline for the parking lamp at the rear but the tail lamp is a bulb, which we plan to immediately replace when we get ours as it ruins the look of the scooter.

Which scooter to replace an Access 125? Used by parents for short commutes-rear.jpeg

Features

Which scooter to replace an Access 125? Used by parents for short commutes-cluster.jpeg

While the Access has absolutely no cosmetic features, the Jupiter has a fair amount of cosmetics and safety features along with some discoveries I made which I have listed below :
- Wont Start if the Side stand or center stand is on and sustains an annoying beeping sound.
- Silent Start! No sound of the engine starting up is heard.
- Double helmet boot space.
- Drive modes.
- Semi – Digital Instrument Cluster.
- LED headlamp with Pass switch.
- The engine automatically switches off at signals and fires up when you use the throttle.
- Needs to have 1l+ fuel at all times (according to showroom salesmen)
- Gives great mileage ( Will update the exact figure in a while)
- The footrest for the pillion feels sort of flimsy.
- Positioning of fuel tank is convenient.
- Alloy wheels

Headlamp throw [Above - Jupiter]

Which scooter to replace an Access 125? Used by parents for short commutes-headlamp-throw.jpeg

How it is to drive

Which scooter to replace an Access 125? Used by parents for short commutes-jupiter-headlamp.jpeg

Hop on to the Jupiter 125 and turn the key to be greeted by the sight of the speedometer doing a full swipe, from 0-120 and back. Hold the brake and Press the Starter and you won’t feel anything for about a second until the engine comes on without warning! The LED headlamps light up giving great throw and you can zoom off immediately. The throttle provides good response and the brakes bite HARD compared to our Access. The pickup isn’t that great but once you get going, you would enjoy its light weight and large seat which offers great cushioning.
Reached a signal? Long wait? No problem. The Jupiter 125 knows when to switch off and fires back up in a second whenever you need to get moving by giving some throttle. The instrument cluster is backlit and looks neat though the analogue takes away some of the premium appeal.

Verdict ( For us)
The Jupiter currently seems to be a no brainer and has my parents spellbound by its smoothness, silent start and especially the boot space. For Access 125 owners looking for an upgrade, this seems to be a logical choice with its design, ergonomics and engine.

Which scooter to replace an Access 125? Used by parents for short commutes-front-view-both.jpeg

Thanks for reading.
arnav17 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 21:33   #33
BHPian

Update 2 :
Booked the Jupiter 125 in Titanium Gray with all accessories included. Taking delivery on either Friday or Sunday although they are ready to give it tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who provided their valuable suggestions
Going to miss the access a lot though
arnav17 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 02:24   #34
BHPian

Hi, any review after your purchase? How's the service? What's the mileage you're getting?
Old 29th June 2024, 03:23   #35
BHPian

I just saw this thread. First of all, congratulations on the new Jupiter! Please share your reviews here. When I saw the voting pole, I felt you missed mentioning many scooters that are suitable for both your parents and you.

1. Activa 6G
2. Suzuki Burgman
3. Dio 125
4. Vespa*
5. Maestro Edge
6. Ola S1
7. TVS iQube
8. Bajaj Chetak EV
9. Ather

Any particular reason for not considering the above scooters over Jupiter, Ntorq, etc.?

The best family scooter, Rizta, was not announced then. Maybe you can consider that as the next scooter for your mom.

Last edited by Karthik1100 : 29th June 2024 at 03:24.
Old 29th June 2024, 07:54   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav17 View Post
Update 2 :
Booked the Jupiter 125 in Titanium Gray with all accessories included. Taking delivery on either Friday or Sunday although they are ready to give it tomorrow.

Congratulations to you and family, for choosing a upmarket safe and sturdy Jupiter.

I've a '15 Jupiter with 25k on the odo, I'm 64 just love it for my dawa daroo rides.

My Jupiter has LED taillight, and indicator bulbs, please do check before replacement.
Old 29th June 2024, 08:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav17 View Post
Update 2 :

Congratulations! Do share your ownership experience and how the Jupiter is holding up in reliability.

I'm trying to convince my parents to buy Jupiter as replacement for our old Activa but they don't seem to trust any brand other than Honda. I like Jupiter and Access over the new Activa125. They have driven Access but ruled out due to ergonomics for pillion vs our current Activa. Jupiter seems to be a worthy contender. They are used to the bullet proof reliability and low cost of ownership which they feel TVS brand won't be able to provide. Our Acitva is 12 years old but hasn't given any trouble all these years and only times it has seen mechanic is during regular service.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 29th June 2024 at 08:26.
Old 1st July 2024, 20:17   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManasN95 View Post
Hi, any review after your purchase? How's the service? What's the mileage you're getting?
Hi, I have shared the ownership review long back. Here is the link:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...25-review.html (TVS Jupiter 125 Review)

Was surprised to see sudden activity in this thread all of a sudden

Regarding the mileage, we are easily getting 50km/l and probably more. Was checking on fuelio but have lost track on refuels, hence the figures are outdated. On an average, you should easily get atleast 47-52km/l.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
I felt you missed mentioning many scooters that are suitable for both your parents and you.

1. Activa 6G
2. Suzuki Burgman
3. Dio 125
4. Vespa*
5. Maestro Edge
6. Ola S1
7. TVS iQube
8. Bajaj Chetak EV
9. Ather

Any particular reason for not considering the above scooters over Jupiter, Ntorq, etc.?

The best family scooter, Rizta, was not announced then. Maybe you can consider that as the next scooter for your mom.
1.Honda Activa 6G: Activa was never in our mind due to 2 reasons ; One was that we have one in our close circle and my mom doesn't appreciate its ride quality even a bit, and Activa theft is getting quite common nowadays.
2. Suzuki Burgman Street : I did like this quite a bit, but my parents were put off by its looks. They felt it to be too bike-like and bulky. another reason was the disappointing experience at the Suzuki showroom. Quoting it from my post :

Quote:
The Suzuki showroom experience was extremely disappointing. It was total chaos inside the showroom where all employees were behind desks talking to themselves and the scooters were just on display in the front. Two employees were even arguing in front of everyone using harsh words. No one bothered to ask us what we were looking for. Upon request, a test drive for the Avenis was arranged. The ride felt comfortable but the fit and finish is not great, especially the pillion footrests. The avenis was rejected soon after that. Disappointing experience from a showroom where we first bought the Access from.
3) Dio 125: Not sure if it was launched at that time, but even the 110's looks weren't a hit with my parents, hence was dropped.

4) Vespa: Vespa was never even in the consideration list, did not come to any of our minds. No idea why.

5)Maestro Edge: Did not consider any Hero Scooter as such, and this was too basic for an upgrade.

6) Ola S1 : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ed-advice.html (Electric vs Petrol scooter | Need advice)
Please check out this thread of mine where I have mentioned some reasons about not going for an EV.

7,8,9) Same answer as the Ola S1. Did check out the Ather initially, but we decided to stick to a petrol scooter,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Congratulations to you and family, for choosing a upmarket safe and sturdy Jupiter.

My Jupiter has LED taillight, and indicator bulbs, please do check before replacement.
Thank you . Will properly check it out before replacing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Congratulations!
They are used to the bullet proof reliability and low cost of ownership which they feel TVS brand won't be able to provide.
Thanks!. The Jupiter in our journey so far of around 8-9 months has proved to be extremely reliable (I wouldn't call it bulletproof; the start stop system had a malfunction within a week of purchase but after the service no issues have followed). We did check out the Access 125 but as mentioned above the showroom experience itself was disappointing and who doesn't want a change .

Go for the Jupiter, It will surely be a great replacement for your trustworthy Activa. The SmartXConnect is better loaded with features so you might want to consider that.

I would also like to mention that NOT considering most of the other scooter is purely based on personal likes and dislikes except for the case of the Suzukis which was due to the showroom experience. Check it out personally before making a decision is what I would advise as one scooter that suits needs of one person may not suit that of the other.

Will post the 3000km update for our Jupiter 125 on the review thread soon.

Last edited by arnav17 : 1st July 2024 at 20:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks