Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2023, 12:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Which 150-160 cc motorcycle to buy? Big dilemma

Hi Nidhip,

The 160cc segments is hottest one with every manufacturer putting their best foot forward. You can not go wrong with any bike you shortlisted. But the FZ felt underpowered when I rode it with a pillion. And for some reason, Hero Xtreme R is not sold much and we don't have much information about it.

If you can stretch your budget or consider second hand options, all three 155cc from Yamaha are great. I own one and if you are serious enough, I'll recommend the R15 any day for any beginner motorcyclist.

So when you test ride each of them, I will recommend to consider the dealer and service experience in your area. It will affect your ownership experience.

And about the dual channel ABS, for 99% of time you wont need it. But one encounter with gravel, and I was grateful for having it.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd January 2024 at 12:54. Reason: spacing for readability
Old 25th November 2023, 23:19   #32

Thank you!! I shall surely consider your points and would keep posted regarding the same on this thread!!!
Old 22nd January 2024, 12:43   #33

Hello Team BHP Community

Due to office and various other reasons I couldn't really give time for this. I mostly plan to head for my PhD abroad by mid or late 2025. So with regards to that, my dad gave me an option of going for an electric scooter (Ather to be specific) which he and mom can also use after I relocate. Initially my plan was to sell off the bike before I fly but with this option I'm really confused..

Suggestions please in the dilemma.

Thank you

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd January 2024 at 12:55. Reason: pacing for readability

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks