Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2023, 13:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which 150-160 cc motorcycle to buy? Big dilemma

Skip the ones not offering test rides, dealers and bikes.
Also skip without an ASC at a feasible distance from home.

Your current shortlist is basically the RTRs ?
- Try the XPulse 200 and 200T 4V just to have an option to fall back on.

- There's a new Hornet 2.0 launched a few days ago, not sure about the changes but here's the link.

- Also the Honda CB200X should be worth a try.

- Otherwise the RTRs aren't a bad option to have.

Keep us posted and Good Luck.

PS : No insights but common sense dictates to see through the current festive season for newer launches or at least some deals.

Last edited by shancz : 30th August 2023 at 14:04. Reason: Formatting, 200X
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 16:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Your current shortlist is basically the RTRs ?
- Try the XPulse 200 and 200T 4V just to have an option to fall back on.

- There's a new Hornet 2.0 launched a few days ago, not sure about the changes but here's the link.

- Otherwise the RTRs aren't a bad option to have.

Keep us posted and Good Luck.

PS : No insights but common sense dictates to see through the current festive season for newer launches or at least some deals.
Hey,

1. Will check out the Xpulse too
2. Hornet 2.0 also comes with only a single channel ABS and no vehicles on display in both the showrooms I visited
3. Mostly leaning towards the RTR in the current scenario, will just need to TD the 200 as I only TD’d the 160 earlier.
4. Need for the bike is urgent, because once I get my car from the service center, this hurry will no longer be there 😂
bhaskar.guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 07:06   #18
BHPian

Update -
Picked up the Pulsar N160 after visiting the dealership and taking a ready delivery.

Went to the dealership at 7, saw the vehicle, took a TD, liked it, booked it on the spot and vehicle was bought from godown and fitting was done before handing it over to me.

Accessories -
- Saree guard
- Seat covers
- Tank cover

After a lot of thought, I thought of giving up on the Bluetooth requirement and went with P N160 Dual Channel, also the fact that I’ve bought Bajaj and Pulsars before.

The SA asked me to not do a tank full till first service and also keep a speed of 40-50 during run in.

I said I’ll keep that in mind!

Thank you everyone here for you’re valuable suggestions!

Appreciate the community!
Attached Thumbnails
Which 150-160 cc motorcycle to buy? Big dilemma-2f6a8e44fa05427abd516db4cf00f3a0.jpeg  

Last edited by bhaskar.guru : 31st August 2023 at 07:06. Reason: Typo
bhaskar.guru is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 08:46   #19
HTC
BHPian

Congrats.
Looks like this was one of the fastest hunt and purchase of bike in the forum. You didnt get into analysis-paralysys mode.
Have fun with your new bike.

What was the final onroad price and discounts if any?
HTC is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 09:18   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post

After a lot of thought, I thought of giving up on the Bluetooth requirement and went with P N160 Dual Channel, also the fact that I’ve bought Bajaj and Pulsars before.

The SA asked me to not do a tank full till first service and also keep a speed of 40-50 during run in.

Appreciate the community!
Congratulations on your new ride! IMO, Bluetooth is not useful on a two wheeler.

BTW, I am curious. What's the link between full tank and first service? Also do the new Pulsars have problem of choked drain pipe leading to water entering the fuel tank?
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 10:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Congrats.
Looks like this was one of the fastest hunt and purchase of bike in the forum. You didnt get into analysis-paralysys mode.
Have fun with your new bike.

What was the final onroad price and discounts if any?
Thank you, yet to get the invoice, will share the same.

But it’s 1.6 on road after a 6.5k discount including RSA for one year and 2 years ATW after the five year engine warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride! IMO, Bluetooth is not useful on a two wheeler.

BTW, I am curious. What's the link between full tank and first service? Also do the new Pulsars have problem of choked drain pipe leading to water entering the fuel tank?
Yeah, I thought Bluetooth would’ve been useful for navigation but it’s okay, can live with it.

I’ll ask him tomorrow about the link when I go to collect the documents.

Will keep you posted.

Thank you for the wishes!
bhaskar.guru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 10:45   #22
BHPian

Could you folks suggest me with some good Bluetooth enabled helmets or helmets with that provision and any other accessories?
Old 31st August 2023, 20:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Bhaskar. that was quick
Good Choice.

+1 on knowing the reason behind the full tank issue.
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 16:27   #24
BHPian

Congratulations on your new acquisition.

Like others mentioned curious to know the reason behind full tank issue.

Wishing you happy miles ahead.

ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time) - Ride Safe.
Oppanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 13:19   #25
BHPian

Hello all,

Thank you for your wishes!

I checked with him the reason for no full tank. He told me that we should never do a full tank on the bike as it can cause air lock issue.

Always fill only 12-13 litres to keep some space to avoid airlock issues and keep minimum of 3 liters of fuel in the bike.
bhaskar.guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 14:50   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
Hello all,

Thank you for your wishes!

I checked with him the reason for no full tank. He told me that we should never do a full tank on the bike as it can cause air lock issue.

Always fill only 12-13 litres to keep some space to avoid airlock issues and keep minimum of 3 liters of fuel in the bike.
Weird reason. I have been filling my two wheelers to the brim all these years without any issues. Even my two ex-Pulsars never had any issue with tankful of petrol.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 21:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Weird reason. I have been filling my two wheelers to the brim all these years without any issues. Even my two ex-Pulsars never had any issue with tankful of petrol.
I agree that it’s a weird reason!

He said it was specific for BS-VI Phase 2 vehicles!

Last edited by bhaskar.guru : 9th September 2023 at 21:33. Reason: Adding comment
bhaskar.guru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 01:08   #28
BHPian

I am in a similar situation. I just joined a college and need to commute 50km everyday. I drive a car (Kia Carens 1.5 NA Petrol), but the college is short on parking space. I am also concerned about the fuel bills, so thinking of buying a 2 wheeler.

Preferences are:

- Motorcycle, I find scooters less safe
- Safety features like ABS, slipper clutch
- Maps
- Electric would be nice, if a reliable brand exists
- Up to 2 lakh on road

Currently considering:
- Matter Aera: Feature loaded
- Tork Kratos: Aggressive design and good range
- Okinawa: Good quality
- FZ25: My first and last bike was FZ-16. Really liked its sitting posture and control.

I have lost touch with the bike market since I moved to cars, so please help me.
Old 4th October 2023, 21:22   #29
BHPian

I too had similar dilemma sometime back, settled with Yamaha FZv3. I am in love with this bike. I initially thought it will be used sparingly but covered 12K KMS in about 10 months now (Thanks to various construction work all across Chennai, car takes almost double to time in city traffic).
Some Positives:
1) I always get close to 50 KMPL
2) Light weight, easy to close gaps and quick turning
3) Sprints briskly till 80-90 KMPH (not tested beyond that :-) )
4) Suspension is smooth compared to its rivals (Apache, Gixxer )
Negatives:
1) Feels strained with a pillion rider, struggles to pick up speed without laboring the engine
2) No Storage compartment (Possibly specific to me as I used to have Scooter which space for all practical purposes :-) )
3) No kicker provided
sathya_g_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 22:56   #30

The 160cc Dilemma

Hello Team BHP community

I am Nidhip from Pune. Here's my first post on this forum. I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to everyone who has added their experiences with their automobiles here. They have made all of us aware and much more knowledgeable.

I just joined my first job recently and need to commute 25 km every day. I have my Activa that I used for college (from 2003, yes pretty old) giving me some headaches for the past 6 months and the fitness validity ends in Jan 2024. Hence planning to retire it. My parents both have their 4-wheelers and don't use Activa anyways so planning to upgrade that with a motorbike.
Just for reference, my height is 5'9.

Preferences are:
Engine under 200cc
- ABS
- Maps for navigation as I travel to new and explore places in the city quite frequently, and find adding a phone near the instrument cluster in that phone quite distracting. Although not a must-have feature
- can pull my budget up to 1.7 L (on road price)

Currently considering:
- TVS Apache 160 4V: Loved the design of the RTR series in general. Sporty and pretty exciting design. Many friends have owned TVS vehicles and have given good feedback for the same. Pls add your experience here and also let me know how good is the SmartXConnect tech in the 160 series. Heard that the braking is not quite up to the mark with the 160. Let me know your views on the same.
The only disadvantage I feel is the lack of dual-channel ABS.

-Bajaj Pulsar N160:
Admire the aggressive styling of the Pulsars. Most powerful of the list but still comes second I the list as I am not an extreme rider who shall hit the highways to use the 6th gear often but a well-balanced bike. The retro design of the instrument cluster clubbed together seems a great package overall.
Has Dual channel ABS!
Heard a few members here talk about the not-so-good experience with Bajaj After Sales Support and service. Can someone please shed light on the same?

- Hero Xtreme R: Feels like a balanced bike. Pretty good for city runs but haven't given much thoughts to the same.

- Yamaha FZ-S FI: Again, just like Hero I do not have much knowledge about Yamaha. But from what I have heard people trust its reliability. Would like to have feedback on the same

I will be test-driving these bikes out in the upcoming weeks. Do you all have any other suggestions on the list? I was kind of out of touch with riding bikes after the pandemic and will surely need some practice hence going for a lower cc bike.

One basic question, how much difference does a single and dual-channel ABS make in everyday scenarios?

Thanks in advance...

Nidhip

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks