Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2023, 10:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ather's first electric motorcycle coming in the next 5 years

According to a media report, Ather Energy plans to launch its first electric motorcycle in the next 5 years. The company could target the commuter segment due to the higher sales volume.

Ather's first electric motorcycle coming in the next 5 years-rangefront2.png

The report states that Ather is likely to develop electric bikes offering performance levels equivalent to that of a 200cc motorcycle. We may not see the Bangalore-based startup taking on the likes of the Ultraviolette F77 anytime soon, but an alternative to the Revolt RV 400 seems more plausible.

That being said, the report also mentions that Ather is currently focusing on the development of electric scooters only. The brand offers the 450S and 450X e-scooters priced in the range of Rs 1.30 lakh to Rs 1.45 lakh (ex-showroom, Bangalore).

Meanwhile, rival Ola Electric has been scaling up rapidly and plans to roll out multiple electric bikes. The company recently showcased four e-bike concepts, including an early development prototype called the Ola Roadster.

Source: Bikewale

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 21st August 2023 at 10:35.
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 10:45   #2
BHPian

Re: Ather's first electric motorcycle coming in the next 5 years

Isnt that too late? Looking at the increasing appetite for premium mid size bikes, they should have had something within a year. Even the ICE bike makers will be doubling down on EVs in coming years and will be difficult to compete with.
Maybe they should try to merge with Ultraviolette
Old 21st August 2023, 11:51   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Isnt that too late? Looking at the increasing appetite for premium mid size bikes, they should have had something within a year. Even the ICE bike makers will be doubling down on EVs in coming years and will be difficult to compete with.
Maybe they should try to merge with Ultraviolette
Fantastic thought that basis synergies but I am guessing thats a no-go area since Ather is part funded by Hero Moto Corp and Ultraviolet by TVS - historically I am given to understand that TVS was first to partner with Honda and then something went wrong and they moved to Suzuki and Honda moved to Hero - this is supposedly at a time just before the inauguration in the final stages -

If both can collaborate I am guessing it will make life better for all Indians albeit at the cost of monopoly practices

Srini
Old 21st August 2023, 11:56   #4
BHPian

I hope Ather doesnt rebrand the 450 (X/?) as a Gen Z motorbike and release it with the same design and different color combination. You know, the things they are doing since 2018
mug:mush is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 08:02   #5

I hope they build some sort of an e-ADV that is priced below 2.5 lakhs to sit right above the XPulse and just below the VStorm and KTM Adventure 250...the instant torque with lack of a gearbox, rear brake lever instead of a clutch, really would help a lot in trails and be a unique proposition to us all. I believe TORK is working on one with the same T6X/Kratos hardware.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks