Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2023, 18:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

TVS-X electric scooter launched at Rs. 2.50 lakhs

TVS is gearing up to unveil its second electric scooter in the coming days. The new model is expected to be inspired by the Creon concept and could get a few advanced features.

TVS-X electric scooter launched at Rs. 2.50 lakhs-tvscreonrightsideview0.jpg

As per the latest teasers, the e-scooter will get a colour TFT screen offering Bluetooth connectivity. It will also come with a smartwatch, which could enable users to lock or unlock the underseat storage compartment and handlebar.

TVS-X electric scooter launched at Rs. 2.50 lakhs-tvscreonrightsideview0-1.jpg

The teaser image also hints at the scooter's performance. The digital instrument console shows the speedometer reading 105 km/h. Currently, TVS offers the iQube, which has a top speed of 82 km/h and a range of up to 140 km, depending on the variant.

Technical details of the upcoming electric scooter are still unknown.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by TusharK : 18th August 2023 at 18:04.
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 18:31   #2
BHPian

re: TVS-X electric scooter launched at Rs. 2.50 lakhs

Dear mods,Shouldn't the title of the post say Smartwatch integration instead of smartwatch? I don't think any automotive company would offer smartwatch with a scooter as a "Connected fob/ digital key" of sorts.

Please do correct if I misunderstood.
Gautham_v6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 19:19   #3
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautham_v6 View Post
I don't think any automotive company would offer smartwatch with a scooter as a "Connected fob/ digital key" of sorts.

Please do correct if I misunderstood.
Look at the image closely, that's exactly what it depicts - smart watch to control bike operations aka connected key fob!
ToThePoint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 21:05   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Look at the image closely, that's exactly what it depicts - smart watch to control bike operations aka connected key fob!
That's an Apple Watch running TVS App, pretty sure but let us wait & see.
pritanshchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 23:22   #5
BHPian

Also, while TVS certainly has a variant with 140 km range I don't think they are selling it. I tried my level best to book one, but the website wasn't even taking bookings for the variant. Checked with a showroom and they answered the same. Eventually booked ola S1 pro. So for all practical purposes one can say TVS only sells variant with 100 km range
Old 19th August 2023, 00:51   #6
BHPian

Will this be the production version for the iCube ST? They launched that top model and never sold it. Has anyone got the ST model delivered?
Old 19th August 2023, 08:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

TVS's reach has been pathetic, with theit bigger existing ICE dealers not having the iQube for sale. I'm not sure if it's a dealer issue or a manufacturer issue, but this results in lower visibility for their electric range.

For example, here at Thiruvananthapuram, the Capital city of Kerala, we have multiple dealers for TVS, but none of them are selling the iQube. Enquiries made were replied with "We're starting sales soon.." with no real date of commitment. The nearest dealer is at Attingal, almost 30 kms away. The streets here are filled with electric scooters, but iQubes are rare.

TVS has a good, balanced product in their hands, and they should prioritize improving their sales network and production before adding even more models to the mix.

That said, I am excited for the Creon, because of what they've done with the Ntorq, and because they have got the best ride, handling and throttle calibration among all the e-Scoots. What I'm expecting is an electric Ntorq. But please, have a couple of un-stickered, understated color variants too, unlike the Ntorq.
Old 19th August 2023, 12:12   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLearner View Post
Will this be the production version for the iCube ST? They launched that top model and never sold it. Has anyone got the ST model delivered?
Same here. I've also booked this and am waiting for it to be delivered. Even if this "Creon" (sounds more like "Crayon" ) is a completely different model, I hope TVS can give an option to people like us who have pre-booked the iQube ST to switch bookings and deliver on priority.
Old 22nd August 2023, 19:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

TVS' new electric scooter could be called Xonic

TVS is gearing up to launch its second electric scooter in the Indian market. The latest teaser reveals more details about the upcoming model, including what could be its official name.

TVS-X electric scooter launched at Rs. 2.50 lakhs-large_tvs_electric_scooter_xonic_teaser_8fd7d32843.jpg

The teaser gives a glimpse of the scooter's digital instrument console with its orange graphics and more importantly, a speedometer that reads, "105 km/h". The dash also shows the battery at 60% and a range of 63 km.

TVS-X electric scooter launched at Rs. 2.50 lakhs-tvs_creon_teaser_1_bdf5692b04.jpg

Another interesting bit on the display is the word "Xonic", which might be the scooter's official name or perhaps one of the drive modes.

Technical details of TVS' new electric scooter are still unknown. What remains to be seen is whether it will use the same battery and electric motor combination as the iQube.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 23:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

I think Xonic could be a riding mode, and not the name of the product.
Not a long wait for these questions to be answered though...
Old 22nd August 2023, 23:48   #11
BHPian

I'll be in Dubai for the launch. Will try to post some photos and videos as soon as possible. Let's see.
Sufficient_shop is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 22:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a maxi scooter. Its electric.

TVS-X
Attached Thumbnails
TVS-X electric scooter launched at Rs. 2.50 lakhs-capture.jpg  

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd August 2023 at 22:20.
SoumenD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 08:17   #13
BHPian

TVS is pricing this out for most users at 2.49 lak ex showroom. It is also not eligible for the FAME subsidy. Ola S1 Pro and Ather 450X still make more sense.

Pictures from TVS website - TVS X

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 621
Size:  330.3 KB

Name:  2.PNG
Views: 623
Size:  325.5 KB

TVS-X electric scooter launched at Rs. 2.50 lakhs-3.png

TVS-X electric scooter launched at Rs. 2.50 lakhs-4.png

TVS-X electric scooter launched at Rs. 2.50 lakhs-5.png

Last edited by sunilarkt : 24th August 2023 at 08:19.
sunilarkt is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 09:25   #14
BHPian

Not really able to gauge the target market for this 2 wheeler. If it is positioned against something like say Aerox then definitely TVS is making this more of a technology demonstrator rather than volume. Also the ex showroom price will discourage a lot of people.
If they are projecting it as a scooter then I have my doubts as most people buy scooters in India for their utilitarian factor which I see X clearly lacks.

Also too many 'X's these days, from twitter(Oops X) to this.
puntra800 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 09:30   #15
BHPian

Looking at the frame of the scooter with the battery placement, it can easily be turned into a bike ? Could have given bigger wheels like the Aerox.

Not sure what the intent and target for this scooter. Unless range is high, might not be a volume scooter.
PreludeSH is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks