Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2023, 18:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ola unveils 4 electric motorcycle concepts | Cruiser, Adventure, Roadster and Diamondhead

This Independence Day, Ola Electric has showcased four new electric motorcycle concepts - Cruiser, Adventure, Roadster and Diamondhead. While the Roadster is the only working prototype, the company hasn't revealed any technical details.

Ola Diamondhead

Ola unveils 4 electric motorcycle concepts | Cruiser, Adventure, Roadster and Diamondhead-ola_concept_6_5f38c8621a.jpg

The Ola Diamondhead has a futuristic design featuring a diamond-shaped front end. It has a horizontal LED strip, while the main LED headlamp is tucked underneath the front fascia.

The Diamondhead has a dual-tone bodywork with several sharp angles and creases. It has a narrow tail section, while footpegs and clip-on handlebars offer a sporty riding position.

The bike has a hub-centred steering system and a double-sided rear swingarm. It rides on 17-inch alloy wheels and features dual disc brakes at the front and a single disc at the rear.

Ola Cruiser

Ola unveils 4 electric motorcycle concepts | Cruiser, Adventure, Roadster and Diamondhead-ola_concept_5_f911652762.jpg

As the name suggests, the Ola Cruiser concept looks like a typical cruiser motorcycle, albeit in a futuristic flavour. It has a low-slung seat, tall handlebars, and foot pegs designed for a laidback riding position.

The bike rides on an upside-down front fork and features a proarm with a monoshock and chain final drive. It is equipped with disc brakes at both ends.

Ola Adventure

Ola unveils 4 electric motorcycle concepts | Cruiser, Adventure, Roadster and Diamondhead-ola_concept_8_45bfee9620.jpg

The Ola Adventure is an ADV. It features long travel upside-down fork suspension at the front and a monoshock at the rear. The bike rides on wire-spoke wheels shod with Pirelli Scorpion STR tyres.

The Adventure has a tall front fender, typical of an ADV. It has wide handlebars with knuckled guards and a single-piece seat with saddle stays on either side.

Ola Roadster

Ola unveils 4 electric motorcycle concepts | Cruiser, Adventure, Roadster and Diamondhead-ola_concept_7_3f871fa9a3.jpg

The Ola Roadster is a street bike with a futuristic dual-tone design. It has a low-slung LED headlamp with wide handlebars and a digital instrument console.

The Roadster is equipped with an upside-down fork suspension at the front and an aluminium rear sub-frame with a monoshock. The bike rides on alloy wheels and gets disc brakes at both ends.

Source: Car and Bike

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 15th August 2023 at 18:12.
TusharK is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 19:25   #2
BHPian

Re: Ola unveils 4 electric motorcycle concepts | Cruiser, Adventure, Roadster and Diamondhead

Look at how Royal Enfield has shaped up their company with their products and look at Ola. I've never seen something so weird like that come out from an automobile manufacturer. All 4 designs just dont look pleasing to my eye. Guess thats what makes the difference between a company headed by a passionate motorcyclist and a company headed by a shrewd business minded person. No offence to whoever liked these concepts, but I simply hate them.
saikishor is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 19:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ola unveils 4 electric motorcycle concepts | Cruiser, Adventure, Roadster and Diamondhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

Ola Diamondhead

Ola Cruiser

Ola Adventure

Ola Roadster

[/b]
Diamond Head .. Yiiiiiikessss
Cruiser: Yiikes
Hope in the interest of humanity these don't see the roads in this form. Hideous!!

Adventure and Roadster are more passable though. I would like to see how the roadster firms up if it ever makes into production. Was wondering why are there no suitable mass market Bikes in Electric versions. There are some good scooters though. Bikes can theoretically have better suspension, ride quality, braking and speed.
I recall Micromax(?) and Ultraviolette had brought some Electric bikes. Didn't take off though. A quick search on google reveals the following

https://www.zigwheels.com/newbikes/electric-bikes

Many names unheard of. I think Ola can make some impact if they enter this space, what with their experience of putting so many scooters on the road.
hrman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 20:40   #4
BHPian

Not wanting to sound rude , but the designs and naming for the Ola motorcycle concept reminds of those Chinese Fly-by -Nught companies bringing out some "ridiculous-looking" designs and making tall claims about it . Not sure how Ola would bring about the final version. Have nil to less hopes about all the four (atleast one) making to the showrooms.
Gautham_v6 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 20:57   #5
BHPian

All 4 models are looking like half baked concepts, whose original ideas have been stolen from a 6 year old kid's drawing book.

Ola needs to hire better designers, and not just put out outlandish designs for the heck of it!
sidbp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 21:26   #6
Team-BHP Support

I think all of you are being unnecessarily harsh on these Ola designs.

It will look a lot better once they put a heavy duty saree guard, rear seat grab handle & number plate mount.
SmartCat is online now   (35) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 21:29   #7
BANNED

Liked the Diamondhead, I am a big fan of those hub center steering mechanisms. Especially the ones used by Bimota and Virus.

Ola unveils 4 electric motorcycle concepts | Cruiser, Adventure, Roadster and Diamondhead-bimota_tesi_1d.jpg
Ola unveils 4 electric motorcycle concepts | Cruiser, Adventure, Roadster and Diamondhead-whatisahubcentersteeringmotorcycle.jpg
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 21:51   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
Guess thats what makes the difference between a company headed by a passionate motorcyclist and a company headed by a shrewd business minded person.
Bhavish Aggarwal thinks himself as Elon Musk, and didnt go far to draw inspiration for the bikes. Honsetly the bikes looks so-so to me, the sharplines and cyberpunk vibes looks overdone, they are trying to be futuristic just for the sake of futuristic. Could have drawn inspiration from Honda's custom NM4.

Ola unveils 4 electric motorcycle concepts | Cruiser, Adventure, Roadster and Diamondhead-screenshot-20230815-213830-tesla.png

Ola unveils 4 electric motorcycle concepts | Cruiser, Adventure, Roadster and Diamondhead-vultusghostintheshellweb.jpg
Black_Star is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 07:03   #9
BHPian

After seeing this design, it makes me reaffirm the existence of aliens and UFOs are true. Would love to know about the design team behind this 'out of world ' design.

One of things that I'll never do in my life is spend my hard earned money on a poorly engineered product, Ola bikes are one such and in the present market, I'll not even consider it for purchase.

Across platforms, there are thousands of complaints from Ola bike owners, most of which seem to be unresolved. Rather than expanding the portfolio, improving product quality and customer service and should be the priority for Ola.

There are many electric bike brands that operate quietly, this #end ice age nonsense by Ola makes me hate them more, market will mature and adapt. Since Ola wants to @end ice age, I say #end cheap and poor EV's.
tiagoatrix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 07:39   #10
BHPian

A lot of the talk/info/noise may be more about the Ola IPO than about Bhavesh's idiosyncrasies. For Ola they also need to raise their valuations ahead of the IPO, and one way is to show their sales and future plans.

Let's not forget:
1. Ola is the largest seller of 2 wheeler EVs
2. Ola did address the fork issue which has become a big deal.
3. Whatever they did, there are 0 reports of Olas on fire in the recent months.

So, while we should take all what Bhavesh says with a pinch of salt, I would still bet on Ola to go very far ahead in this game.
deep_bang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 07:58   #11
BHPian

These are just concepts, only one is a working prototype. I'm sure the companies take feedback from the environment after showcasing these concepts and then work towards a more practical and acceptable design.

There are more desirably designed E-motorcycles available in the market today, but how many sell? The infrastructure required to market a product, sell it and then support it is what matters. And OLA has that expertise, say what you may.

At least they have thought of a ADV EV. Let's give it to them. And as someone wrote : with a saree guard, grab rail and such like accessories (though I could smell sarcasm ), they might actually appear more palatable.

Let's not kill the child in the cradle.
aviator1101 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 08:35   #12

Well if they are looking for some feedback, I sure hope they read this forum!!! All the designs are yuck to the power of yuck where yuck = 10000 to the power of 9999999.

Why on earth would they come up with such ridiculour designs? Most of these look like the bikes that Priyanka chopra would take to Met Gala in that ridiculous outfit she wore a few year ago....

Last edited by graaja : 16th August 2023 at 08:37. Reason: Minor typo
Old 16th August 2023, 08:39   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Let's not forget:
1. Ola is the largest seller of 2 wheeler EVs
Ola has been the largest seller partly because TVS iQube sales were constrained by production capacity. They were selling all that they could make. However, with the increase in production capacity to 25,000 units per month, it should be a closer fight now.

TVS Motor plans capacity and network expansion for iQube
https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...le67116419.ece
SmartCat is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 10:53   #14

As a Ola customer myself, OLA S1 Pro is definitely a good vehicle and VFM , but the only problem is their software it is horrendous and filled with bugs all over the place.

they are yet to refine the software and are promising Move OS 4 in beta on September 2023. with the experience from Move OS 1.0 to till date in hand. I am not particularly hopeful for move OS 4.0 to be bug free.

With regards to Design of the concept vehicles is concern. Except Ola Adventure all others looked half-baked and useful for some Si-Fi movie but useless on road.

Hope they consider changing those.
MrMcqueen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 11:01   #15
BHPian

such an eyesore :( its looks very tacky plasticky, how does this work, I assume they would have done some kind of dip stick check with customers before they make a prototype or put it out there - I am sure they have not done that.

I was very optimistic about the idea of "Ola" until I met Bavish and clearly disappointed :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks