Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2023, 11:54   #1411
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
The Rev limit is supposed to go away after the first service, also the engine should be lot smoother as they would change the engine oil from mineral to synthetic i suppose.
The engine is smooth after the service no doubt but I hit the redline at 6K RPM yesterday when I tried to push my bike beyond 120 kmph on 6th gear on an empty straight stretch.
Old 27th November 2023, 12:39   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
The engine is smooth after the service no doubt but I hit the redline at 6K RPM yesterday when I tried to push my bike beyond 120 kmph on 6th gear on an empty straight stretch.
Are you hitting the redline or are you mistaking the shift lights as redline? It is a little confusing. I don't think the redline is 6k.
b16h22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 12:41   #1413

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
If any of the components in this process fails to function, the ECU wont let anything work. In my case it was the RFID antenna wire which was damaged and hence the ignition system did not recognise my key to be legitimate. IMHO the immobiliser doesnt give away this early so Triumph is just lying about it but again verify for yourself and make sure they dont experiment on you like they usually do.
Posting this update a little late but I wanted to wait a few days. Got my bike a few days back and they did replace the keys. I'm not sure why they didn't do this initially but they eventually ended up doing it.
Bike was at the service center for around 1 week and back with me for 3 days. So far the issue hasn't come up again and I'm fairly satisfied with their response.
Being under warranty I wasn't charged anything for this ofcourse.
Old 27th November 2023, 12:56   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16h22 View Post
Are you hitting the redline or are you mistaking the shift lights as redline? It is a little confusing. I don't think the redline is 6k.
Many of us have reported the rev limit at 6-7000 rpm. It's not flashing of lights, but flashing of the rev counter meter that's been observed.
davelok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 14:50   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh14 View Post
Posting this update a little late but I wanted to wait a few days. Got my bike a few days back and they did replace the keys. I'm not sure why they didn't do this initially but they eventually ended up doing it.
Bike was at the service center for around 1 week and back with me for 3 days. So far the issue hasn't come up again and I'm fairly satisfied with their response.
Being under warranty I wasn't charged anything for this ofcourse.
Great man, good to know. Hopefully, you continue to have a fuss free ownership. It's a beautiful bike. BTW by any chance can you find out if they are selling bar end mirrors for Speed 400? If so, can you DM me the price and availability?
Old 27th November 2023, 15:40   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16h22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
Many of us have reported the rev limit at 6-7000 rpm. It's not flashing of lights, but flashing of the rev counter meter that's been observed.
I think I’m not mistaken. At 120 kmph the rev meter was at 6K and it started to flash and the engine wouldn’t rev higher even when I twisted the throttle more, so I guess it is the rev limiter in fact. I’m at 570kms only and 8/10 times my bike comes out only for local rides instead of long highway rides so it’s not that big a concern, I am not opposed to keeping the revs low for 500-1000 kms more, though after that it will start to annoy me on long rides.
Himanshu809 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 17:30   #1417

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
Great man, good to know. Hopefully, you continue to have a fuss free ownership. It's a beautiful bike. BTW by any chance can you find out if they are selling bar end mirrors for Speed 400? If so, can you DM me the price and availability?
Speed 400 comes stock with bar end mirrors. They are sold separately as an accessory for the scrambler. The price is 7k I think, although not exactly sure.

Availability of accessories is very limited as far as I've asked. The only accessories I've seen being fitted while at the service center are the tank pads and knee pads and the tiny windscreen which seems to be more aesthetic than functional.

Asked them about the mud splash kit and they have no clue as to when it'll be available and it's a similar story with other accessories as well.
Old 27th November 2023, 20:55   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh14 View Post
Asked them about the mud splash kit and they have......
Friend fixed the carrier and helmet storage, he also had the mirrors replaced as one of them was broken when parked somewhere. Parts are available in Chennai. Posting a pic from our recent trip.Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20231126_055554981.mp.jpg
Chillout is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 09:11   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
I think I’m not mistaken. At 120 kmph the rev meter was at 6K and it started to flash and the engine wouldn’t rev higher even when I twisted the throttle more, so I guess it is the rev limiter in fact. I’m at 570kms only and 8/10 times my bike comes out only for local rides instead of long highway rides so it’s not that big a concern, I am not opposed to keeping the revs low for 500-1000 kms more, though after that it will start to annoy me on long rides.
There is in fact a rev limiter on the bike UNTIL first service. I couldn't count exactly because the markers are small but it's between 6k and 7k rpm. I had even checked it by revving myself when the odo was around 700 km.

You don't need to fret about the long term. It gets unlocked after 1k km/first service. I am at 2300 km on the odo now and I have gone up to 8k-9k rpm multiple times with no issues.
lazyrev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 09:19   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
There is in fact a rev limiter on the bike UNTIL first service. I couldn't count exactly because the markers are small but it's between 6k and 7k rpm. I had even checked it by revving myself when the odo was around 700 km.

You don't need to fret about the long term. It gets unlocked after 1k km/first service. I am at 2300 km on the odo now and I have gone up to 8k-9k rpm multiple times with no issues.
That’s what I’m saying, I’ve got the first service done and I think it’s still there.
Old 28th November 2023, 10:24   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
That’s what I’m saying, I’ve got the first service done and I think it’s still there.
Did they update the software? The SA told me after the service that I'll have to come back for this.
Old 28th November 2023, 10:32   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
same for me. Do we have to go back to the service center and get it rectified? I noticed this in my last ride.
Old 28th November 2023, 10:56   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theconfusedguy View Post
same for me. Do we have to go back to the service center and get it rectified? I noticed this in my last ride.
Someone here said that the rev limit is supposed to apply till 3000km. Anyway, I'm supposed to take my bike to the service center tomorrow for a random stalling problem. I'll enquire about this issue and the fluctuating DTE readings also.
davelok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 14:47   #1424
BHPian

I've ridden my new Triumph Speed 400 for a little over 700kms. My only concern till now has been the rider footpegs. They kind of sag a bit when you step on them and mounting the bike ADV style whence you step on the foot peg first and then swing your leg over, isnt very confidence inspiring. Am I being paranoid or is this an issue?
Old 30th November 2023, 20:51   #1425
BHPian

There is always a debate on Highness vs Speed 400 on handle being light on Highness.
The riding position on S400 is slightly leaning forward which creates relatively heavy handle (as compared to Highness) in city ride which maneuvering in the traffic but same lean forward stance is a boon on highways - when wind blast increases, the lean forward stance creates a counter balance and the riding position becomes neutral. Has anyone felt the same way?

I am loving to explore Speed400 as I ride more, 800 kms done and counting.
CityRyder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed