Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2023, 21:31   #1351
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreethamNag View Post
A short review from an ADV 390 owner's prespective:

Borrowed my friend’s Speed 400 for a solo ride that lasted 1380 kms, out of which I covered around 1200 in 2 days. The bike had done 1800 kms before I started my ride.
Forgot to add 2 points about the speed 400
1 The headlight and horn is pathetic, ride during night was very tiring because of the lights.
2 The footpegs flex if you push your legs against them or just try to stand a bit. Upon checking think its due to rubber mounting to reduce vibration.

To fix the light issue we installed aux lights over the festive weekend. Bikers Deepavali of sorts

The speed doesn't have the aux power outlets like ones on adventure 390. So we had to make a harness use the usb fuse to send signal to a relay and draw a power line from battery via a fuse.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20231112_094509701.jpg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20231112_111337072.jpg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20231112_151831955.jpg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20231112_151842470.jpg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20231112_151130935.jpg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20231112_150112291.jpg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20231112_094159435.jpg  

PreethamNag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 21:47   #1352
BHPian

Quote:

To fix the light issue we installed aux lights over the festive weekend.
I know you’ve posted about the aux lights but what caught my attention more was the number plate position. Ever since I saw the bike with the number plate in front of speedometer, it definitely looked out of place. Another mod few people are getting is on the front mudguard which, in my opinion, is equally an eyesore. This one is definitely a better option which we all have been used to seeing in other motorcycles. Would you add some details on this mod with pics of it perhaps?
Old 14th November 2023, 21:58   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaljawahar View Post
I know you’ve posted about the aux lights but what caught my attention more was the number plate position. Ever since I saw the bike with the number plate in front of speedometer, it definitely looked out of place. Another mod few people are getting is on the front mudguard which, in my opinion, is equally an eyesore. This one is definitely a better option which we all have been used to seeing in other motorcycles. Would you add some details on this mod with pics of it perhaps?
Hi glad you noticed, hated how the original plate position looked.
My friend got all the things on the bike as in number plate holder, fog lamp mounts, radiator gaurd and sliders from a banglore based accessories maker. He mentioned they are new, I can check with him for contact info, dont have more pics as of now.
PreethamNag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 23:35   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Hi glad you noticed, hated how the original plate position looked.
My friend got all the things on the bike as in number plate holder, fog lamp mounts, radiator gaurd and sliders from a banglore based accessories maker. He mentioned they are new, I can check with him for contact info, dont have more pics as of now.
Oh god. I waited 2.5 months for a number plate holder that fits under the headlight and NONE of the online accessory makers listed one. I finally caved in and bought the mudguard mount JUST TODAY from mototorque (link), and now I see your picture.

Please do share some more pics of how it is mounted and some details of the seller. I might just let the 300 I spent go down the drain if it is feasible to get the one you have.
lazyrev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 13:35   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh14 View Post
I went out yesterday and took the spare key to test if it had the same issue and indeed it did. Every time I stop the bike and pull the key out, there is a chance it could leave me stranded.

Although it could turn out to be a loose cable in my case (and I sincerely hope it is), I will try to push for a lock set replacement if the issue comes up again. I went and dropped it off today so they can investigate the issue and shared Abhinav Bhatt's video with them as well but they said they haven't seen this issue so far.
Let's see how it goes.

I thought this would be an issue with the 400s only but wow!!
Guess I'm getting both the good and bad of Triumph ownership experience.

From what I read online, metal could interfere with the Immobilizer.
I got a check engine light after the immobilizer issue and it stayed on. I was told it's just a starter error and it's fine to ride. The other reason is water getting near the O2 sensor which too I was told would go away once it's dried.
I'm not sure what other reason the light could come on.
What i would do is never take out key from the main lock and carry the spare key to unlock fuel tank. It worked briefly however, to fuel up you need to turn the ignition off and then pray to all the Gods you know of that the fuel pump comes to life.

Triumph guys are plain lying if they are saying they are unaware of the issue. I personally visited Jaipur and Delhi Triumph and spoke to the Mumbai one over the phone about this problem. It is a well-documented issue around the world. I am glad that your bike is under warranty though so no need to worry.

Last edited by shabih : 15th November 2023 at 13:37.
shabih is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 22:46   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaljawahar View Post
This one is definitely a better option which we all have been used to seeing in other motorcycles. Would you add some details on this mod with pics of it perhaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post

Please do share some more pics of how it is mounted and some details of the seller. I might just let the 300 I spent go down the drain if it is feasible to get the one you have.
So I checked with my friend where he got them he passed the amazon link and contact
+91 78997 78200
https://amzn.eu/d/iEgPIjN
Hope it helps
PreethamNag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 08:45   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Hi glad you noticed, hated how the original plate.....
This indeed looks very nice, however can you confirm if the number plates have been riveted or have the old style screws
Old 16th November 2023, 08:48   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
This indeed looks very nice, however can you confirm if the number plates have been riveted or have the old style screws
Think they had screws but riveting should also be possible.
PreethamNag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 09:21   #1359
BHPian

Has the official triumph visor/flyscreen price increased? I remember it being 769inr and now it's 2241inr. Visor Holder is 404inr. Number plate holder is 86inr. At that price it makes no sense as the visor is more aesthetic than functional.

Also for those looking for handlebar risers- get the Speed 400x handlebar and clutch cable. Get the same fixed by Triumph asc. Better than carbon racing or any other brand. I got the Carbon racing pullback riser installed at the asc and it's ok BUT the scrambler mod is much better. One gets ZERO customer support from carbon racing(CR). No email, Whatsapp or phone support. No longer cable either from CR (plus extra shipping charge) and they misguide us saying no rerouting/new cable required. No installation guidance support or manual was offered by CR.

We can try the Scrambler's footpegs as well. Seems a bit forward oriented with more rubber. Should be comfier.

Last edited by Senotrius : 16th November 2023 at 09:23.
Senotrius is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 09:28   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
So I checked with my friend where he got them he passed the amazon link and contact
+91 78997 78200
https://amzn.eu/d/iEgPIjN
Hope it helps
This is returnable as well btw. So good. It may require some kind of spacer at that location.
Old 16th November 2023, 09:32   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
This is returnable as well btw. So good. It may require some kind of spacer at that location.
From what I remember it was a direct fit to a bolt on the bottom part of the triple tree, the plate could be riveted or screwed/bolted, no spacer was used.
Old 16th November 2023, 09:40   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Has the official triumph visor/flyscreen price increased...
Are you suggesting replacing the entire handle bar itself rather than using any raisers
Old 16th November 2023, 09:45   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Are you suggesting replacing the entire handle bar itself rather than using any raisers
Correct. Go to the showroom and try the Srambler 400 sitting position. Plenty of space to adjust the handlebar angle. One can see the extra length of the scrambler cable(429inr+ 150inr labour) even with this pullback riser( 150inr labour for fitment). The pullback riser virtue of this design negates a bit of the rise btw. As in, it doesn't increase the height as much as advertised; the handlebar rests in a slope. They hadn't thought this through. I bought it as there weren't many options.

I plan to replace this after a while. Provided they have spares to begin with. They still don't have the number plate holder for their own visor.

Also shown the site for the amazon number plate holder.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-20231116_094700.jpg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-20231116_094633.jpg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-20231116_094603.jpg  

Last edited by Senotrius : 16th November 2023 at 09:55.
Senotrius is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 09:55   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Correct. Go to the showroom and try the Srambler 400 sitting position. Plenty of space to adjust the handlebar angle..
I did try and it was bit wider, my use would primarily be city 70% and highways 30%. The existing steering is lot more easy to maneuver as compared to the scram, that could also be due to bigger wheels. Please do share your feedback once you have it installed.
Old 16th November 2023, 10:13   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
The pullback riser virtue of this design negates a bit of the rise btw. As in, it doesn't increase the height as much as advertised; the handlebar rests in a slope. They hadn't thought this through. I bought it as there weren't many options.
Regarding the handlebar risers, I am not confident of the risers that changes intreface between the handle bar and the triple tree mounts from the factory. Would prefer the stem risers that keep the stock interface. Like the ones in the image, think the duke ones might also fit the speed 400 check once. I have similar stem risers on my adventure 390, they are bit squarish and mounts a bit differently.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-51blannxjdl._ac_uf10001000_ql80_.jpg  

PreethamNag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks