Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2023, 07:17   #1276
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyAstronaut View Post
My registration number doesn't show up on the Vahan portal yet. Are you able to see your details though? I did get the SMS from RTO about them receiving my payment, but not the 2nd SMS which is for the application to be approved. It's been 30 days since the delivery, and 40 days since the RTO payment SMS.

Any idea whom to reach out to for this?
You should check with the dealership. I bought my KTM Adventure 390 last Saturday. The RTO process was initiated on Monday and I got the first SMS with the tax paid info and the allotted number on Monday itself. Yesterday night( Thursday) I got the 2nd sms that application is approved and RC is in progress. I was able to immediately view and download the RC from Digilocker. The RTO was KA03.

If you log in to Vahan you can also enter the application number and check the status(Forgot the exact link within the portal). It will also show the history of steps done. You can check where it is stuck.
Old 3rd November 2023, 15:00   #1277
BHPian

I am delighted to update you that after over a fifty-day follow-up with the GREAT Keerthi Triumph, Bangalore, I got my refund of Rs. 2000/-.

For reference, I booked it on 5th Jul, and my booking was within early 300 in Bangalore. As expected, Keerthi goofed up completely and pissed me off to the extent that I ended up cancelling it. Which i did on 5th Sep and got the refund on 31st Oct. Those waiting for their deliveries from them - God bless your waiting and delivery period and experience. They were not bad; they were just clueless without intending to solve the problem.

I agree Triumph never anticipated the response post-launch, but after initial analysis, they should have allowed customers to shift booking between dealers. End of the day, it is the company's loss. I would blame them more than the dealership, but I will not take away the credit that the dealership was the one that really pushed me to cancel.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-trimuph-speed-refund.jpg  

shailinder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 15:13   #1278
BHPian

I got the bike on Oct 3 but invoicing was done 10 days prior. I got a call from Triumph service that service is getting due in 5 days. I told her that 45 days should be counted from the day I took bike from dealer showroom.

Plus, I am done only 250 km due to out of station long travel

Are they flexible to do first free service even after 45 days?
Old 3rd November 2023, 15:38   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityRyder View Post
Are they flexible to do first free service even after 45 days?
Which service centre have you been talking to? They can check in the system and tell you till what date the first service would be valid. I received my bike on Oct 5th, and my service is valid till Dec 12th ( i think its 90 days from the invoice date). But they would suggest not to wait till that date, get the bike to them when it reaches around 750 km.
Old 3rd November 2023, 19:18   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Which service centre have you been talking to? They can check in the system and tell you till what date the first service would be valid. I received my bike on Oct 5th, and my service is valid till Dec 12th ( i think its 90 days from the invoice date). But they would suggest not to wait till that date, get the bike to them when it reaches around 750 km.
I think first service is with 45 days or 1000km, which ever is earlier.
Old 4th November 2023, 09:27   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
I think first service is with 45 days or 1000km, which ever is earlier.
Thats right. What I suggested is to check with the service centre on what date is shown in the system as your due date for service. And plan accordingly.
Old 4th November 2023, 11:26   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Thats right. What I suggested is to check with the service centre on what date is shown in the system as your due date for service. And plan accordingly.
If you have installed the *Triumph India* (Triumph Bajaj) app and registered your bike, it will show you the date by which you need to get the first service done.

Now that enough time has gone by, most ASC personnel are aware that the first service is due in 45 days / 1000km, and not 30 days / 1000km as was believed earlier.
Old 4th November 2023, 18:03   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailinder View Post
I am delighted to update you that after over a fifty-day follow-up with the GREAT Keerthi Triumph, Bangalore, I got my refund of Rs. 2000/-.
Amazing, good to know!

Can someone with experience of cancelling their booking with Shaman Triumph Mumbai help me with the process. I’ve called them a few times and someone has always answered but they’re pretty clueless on cancellations. I’ve been asked to send cancellation request to some Triumph official on email but the email ids provided on calls were wrong so far. Have raised a complaint on Triumph India website with little hope but lets see
Old 4th November 2023, 23:43   #1284
BHPian

I want to lube the chain for my Speed 400 but I dont have Paddock stand.
Has anyone tried using car jack to lift back tyre for lubing? I saw that in one of the youtube videos.

Any other innovative ideas to lube with paddock stand?
Old 5th November 2023, 03:03   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone tried using car jack to lift back tyre for lubing? I saw that in one of the Youtube videos.

I’d suggest you get a paddock stand as those are made specifically for that purpose, make chain cleaning much easy and are also safer than any innovative ideas. They are cheap and easily available even on Amazon.

It’s worth going in for a paddock stand rather than risk your new bike falling of any makeshift stand.

Cheers!
Darkcloud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 05:08   #1286
BHPian

I finally got around to installing the Carbon Racing pullback handlebar risers on my bike. I had to remove two cable ties holding cables close to the handlebar to be able to do this, and it's still quite a tight fit.

The front brake hydraulic tube and the clutch cable get pulled taut when the handle is turned to the extreme right and left respectively. This makes me wonder if it's safe, or if there's a danger of damaging something and pulling it loose.

On the other hand, it has made riding the bike much more comfortable for me, as I don't have to lean forward and put the weight of my torso on my palms.

So I'm a bit confused about keeping the risers on. I think the regular risers that just increase the height might not result in the cables getting pulled so taut, so I might just get them.

I might also take the OEM luggage rack off, because my wife finds it quite difficult to get on to and off the bike now. My daughters are absolutely fine with it, but they're young. Also everyone thinks that it mars the looks of the bike...

I will probably get a saddle stay so that a side bag can be fitted, and take the luggage rack off. It's not that useful anyway except for tying a tripod.
davelok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 12:58   #1287
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Has anyone tried using car jack to lift back tyre for lubing? I saw that in one of the Youtube videos.

I use this. My Sikkim co rider buddy introduced me to it. He has since moved on to a dedicated oiler fitted to the bike.

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_20231105_125345.jpg

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_20231105_125331.jpg

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_20231105_125430.jpg

I bought it used from a friend of mine.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 20:51   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Someone had posted this earlier - BlueBurns MotoJack Smart, Portable & Adjustable Jack for Superbikes and Tourers, Color Blue https://amzn.eu/d/f9XIz37
bhupesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 00:17   #1289
BHPian

Posting this here as well, since I need some advice on the Speed vs Scrambler. (I found Scrambler to be slightly better, rider position wise. I’m not sure for longer, heavy traffic rides though.)

Dear All,

For the past few months, I've been actively searching for a 250cc+ motorcycle with the primary purpose of commuting to my office and occasional short distance tours (~100km). The daily drive to work has become a hassle, and using a scooter started causing severe back pain, especially because one-way travel takes 1.5 hours one way with 30 minutes of stop-and-go traffic. Being slightly heavy and 6 feet tall, the scooter is far from comfortable.

I used to own a Pulsar 200 (2008), which was an absolute joy to ride within the city, on open roads, and even over rough patches. However, I had to part with it a few years ago because I hardly used it, and I thought someone else could benefit from it.

Recently, I had the chance to test the Triumph Speed 400, and I was genuinely impressed with the ride. It was a thrilling above 2000rpm and an ease in traffic with a smooth clutch. The quality and finish of the bike were excellent, but my only concern was its size. It looked quite small with me sitting on it.

Subsequently, I waited for the Triumph Scrambler 400x and found the test ride to be very satisfying. Despite encountering heavy traffic and bad road conditions, I felt no discomfort similar to the speed400. The 400cc engines at low speeds and higher gears don’t struggle at all, making them a great choice for city riding. I’m trying to decide between the speed and scrambler.

However, I'm open to suggestions and advice from fellow riders to help me make the best choice.

PS: I've also tested other bikes like the old Himalayan, Classic, Hunter, Meteor, RTR 310, and the older KTM 250 (with plans to test the new one). Each of these bikes serves a different purpose, and while I understand their individual strengths, I'm primarily focused on comfort and handling along with power when I need it.
Old 6th November 2023, 14:08   #1290
BHPian

Quote:

Get Motojack from GrandPitstop. I use it on my 230kg bike so it seems to be strong enough as well.
gtx2 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks