Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2023, 10:45   #1261
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanTDK View Post
They have reduced marginally, but anyway the vibrations weren't present at 5k rpm; they start only at 7k & never get unbearable or hand numbing at any point.
Thanks. I asked due to the general consensus among the online reviewers that the bike is vibey above 100- 110 and is enable to cruise comfortably at 120. Due to the location of the dealership in my state, I'm unable to test it at those speeds for a sustained period.

Due to this very reason i was contemplating a used 2022 duke 390 over the speed at similar price price point. I need the bike to be versatile and serve the purpose over a the next 5 years. Sustaining good cruising speeds is one of the requirements.

Last edited by kedar3223 : 2nd November 2023 at 10:48. Reason: Spelling error
kedar3223 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 11:06   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
bike is vibey above 100- 110 and is enable to cruise comfortably at 120. Due to the location of the dealership in my state
Don't listen to the online reviews, literally everyone had a different experience from one another; some said they felt vibes at as low as 4k rpm, some said they felt no vibes at all & everyone else in between.

Coming to the dealership location, does that really matter if the bike speaks to you & connects with you?
I live in Nashik & the closest dealer to me was Mumbai, 190kms when I booked the bike; that's where I took the test ride. Thankfully by the time I got delivery, the Thane showroom had opened, still a cool 150 kms from me.

Just last Saturday (28/10) I went for the 1st service to Thane & if the service interval is 1 year (the more realistic probability) than the 16k kms claim, but is anyone really going to ride that much or not change oil at every 4-5k kms?

Most probably, I mean hopefully so by next year there will be a Nashik dealer too & even in other cities.
So don't let that stop you from buying the bike.

Last edited by BatmanTDK : 2nd November 2023 at 11:08.
BatmanTDK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 11:43   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanTDK View Post
Don't listen to the online reviews, literally everyone had a different experience from one another; some said they felt vibes at as low as 4k rpm, some said they felt no vibes at all & everyone else in between.

Coming to the dealership location, does that really matter if the bike speaks to you & connects with you?
No i meant the location of the showroom and test ride vehicle is in a congested town area which doesnt allow me to test the capabilities and composure of the bike at higher speeds. The bike is excellent at low/mid rev range but i have no way to check it at higher rpms. Relying on user reviews and online reviews for the same. There seems to be a lot of contradiction. As i have extensive experience riding a gen 2 390, would appreciate a comparison between these 2 in the 100 to 130kmph riding experience.
Old 2nd November 2023, 11:57   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
People using Kriega fork seal covers - from where did you buy them, and how much did they cost?
Check this out.

https://www.lazyassbikers.com/produc...l-covers-kwefk
CityRyder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 12:10   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
The bike is excellent at low/mid rev range but i have no way to check it at higher rpms. Relying on user reviews and online reviews for the same. There seems to be a lot of contradiction. As i have extensive experience riding a gen 2 390, would appreciate a comparison between these 2 in the 100 to 130kmph riding experience.
As Shumi explained in the Scrambler 400x first impressions, the first few media bikes had variable amounts of vibeyness, and Triumph have since fixed the issue. If you're worried about the vibration, the Scrambler still has vibes, but rubber footpegs seem to reduce it a little. Regardless, I took the bike to 130 on the Pashan road in Pune in fourth, up to 7k rpm, and the vibes were actually kind of fun. Before 6-7k there were no vibes at all, even a Duke isn't that vibe-free. It's as good as a Honda Highness. After that, the vibes in my feet were in no way annoying, it was almost as if they were urging me on to go faster. Yes, past 8k they can be annoying, but you should be able to cruise at 120 in 6th without issues. Try the Scrambler as well, it might be more suited to your riding style.
AulusGabinius is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 13:06   #1266
BHPian

I am not sure if Triumph will come up with tyre hugger, has anyone installed one?
I feel rear tyre is naked and a tyre hugger will make rear profile better. Esp when bike profile is all focussed towards the front. Triumph has not done a great job on rear profiling.
Old 2nd November 2023, 13:31   #1267
BHPian

Has anyone tried out the Sahara seats? I find the stock one a bit hard, a little bit of cushioning should help.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-clipboard01.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2023, 13:34   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
II am putting a frame like THIS.
Have you managed to install the frame without damaging the plates? Is it a DIY or did you take help of someone?
Old 2nd November 2023, 13:36   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityRyder View Post
I am not sure if Triumph will come up with tyre hugger, has anyone installed one?
I feel rear tyre is naked and a tyre hugger will make rear profile better. Esp when bike profile is all focussed towards the front. Triumph has not done a great job on rear profiling.
One person in the Triumph riders WhatsApp group here in Ahmedabad has installed a third party tyre hugger. It's the type with articulating segments.
davelok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 14:37   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
One person in the Triumph riders WhatsApp group here in Ahmedabad has installed a third party tyre hugger. It's the type with articulating segments.
Can you share images and buying link.
bhupesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 15:03   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Thats great, would it be possible for you to get its make and some pictures if possible, Thanks.
Old 2nd November 2023, 15:40   #1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakli_kodbale View Post
Anyone who’s got the bike, do you guys feel sometimes the bike revs itself, like I’ll be holding clutch to slow down, and suddenly the rpm kinda rises and comes down. This happens only when slowing down and while the clutch is held.
Hey I took the delivery around the same time as you, from Keerthi. My registration number doesn't show up on the Vahan portal yet. Are you able to see your details though? I did get the SMS from RTO about them receiving my payment, but not the 2nd SMS which is for the application to be approved. It's been 30 days since the delivery, and 40 days since the RTO payment SMS.

Any idea whom to reach out to for this?
Old 2nd November 2023, 17:06   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Have you managed to install the frame without damaging the plates? Is it a DIY or did you take help of someone?
I could have DIY'd if I had a drill at home (I should have bought one a long time ago but kept procrastinating).

Took it to a mechanic who works on modifications on bikes like ours and bigger ones even. He just used a drill to break the rivets and then used bolts to put the plates back on with the cover. Charged me 100rs for it and it took like 15 mins to do. Do note that the guys who make number plates dont usually have drills and the mechanics who work on splendors/scooters werent willing to do it so you might have to ask around a bit.

I initially wanted it riveted back but nobody had rivets and then I realised bolts are better for when I get the lower mudguard mount for the front plates. I can just shift it myself then.
Old 2nd November 2023, 17:11   #1274
BHPian

@bhupesh and @cityryder, I don't have the buying link because that guy got it installed at the local two wheeler accessories market.

However, it looks like the one in the link below:

Acube Mart Carbon Fiber tyre Hugger Motorcycle Rear Mudguard Splash Guard for All Bikes Black TH-4 https://amzn.eu/d/hgQ6Gc1
Old 3rd November 2023, 00:27   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyAstronaut View Post
Hey I took the delivery around the same time as you, from Keerthi. My registration number doesn't show up on the Vahan portal yet. Are you able to see your details though? I did get the SMS from RTO about them receiving my payment, but not the 2nd SMS which is for the application to be approved. It's been 30 days since the delivery, and 40 days since the RTO payment SMS.

Any idea whom to reach out to for this?
I'd suggest to check with Rahul at Keerthi Triumph. He is one of the managers there and was very prompt and helpful during my bike's delivery. He said that the number shows up on Vaahan after 7 days of delivery and I think it also involves some sort of update from their end.

Most Viewed