Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2023, 09:55   #1246
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
@theconfusedguy I think you might be pressing the shifter too lightly while going from 2nd to 1st. This happens to me too. Regarding the hard / notchy shifts, tell your service center about it. I had notchiness while up shifting to 5th and 6th gears, which got mostly fixed during the first service.
Thanks. Sounds correct. Will try to shift a bit more hardly.
I will tell the SC about this before my first service.
Old 31st October 2023, 09:59   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
To you and @davelok, have you guys got the first service done? Because there is an electronic limit until first service, from what I know. I observed it wouldnt go past 6500-7000 rpm before I got my first service done.
No. This flashing happened on the next day of delivery. I didn't know about this. The SA asked me to keep the rev below 7k which I did. They didn't say anything about limiting.
I think you are correct here. During my first ride, I couldn't get the rev above 7k. I didn't try, but I was checking while I was accelerating; it didn't go anywhere close to 7k. Thank you. I will confirm it during my first service.
theconfusedguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 13:44   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanTDK View Post
They have assured me a refund by next Thursday.
Still no refund!
They have been continuously promising a date & postponing it again.
Then they have blamed me for providing incorrect banking details even when I have emailed & whatsapp'd them the correct details.

Other Updates:
1st Service cost: ₹2,154
Went to the newly opened Thane service centre on Saturday 28/10 for my first service, reached there at sharp 9:30 AM; they were literally opening the shutter in front of me. Had told them to finish my bike before as I had come all the way from Nashik & also the fact that I was the first one to reach there, still 2 bikes got done before mine.
What was supposed to take at max 2 hrs took 5 hrs to do; the bike was done/ready but the washing guy had gone somewhere & when he returned it was their lunch time, so I had to just sit there.
I had told them that they could give me the bike as is without washing it, but they didn't listen.

Postive Notes:
1. Got the left front turn indicator replaced under warranty as mine had water/moisture in it since the delivery day.
2. The technicians seem well trained & reasonably fast at their work.

Issues corrected:
1. As mentioned above
2. The brake light wouldn't light up when using the front brake; the wire wasn't connected & the fuel tank was then removed to rectify this. Everyone else please check if you are facing the same issue, I was almost read ended very badly!
BatmanTDK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 10:45   #1249
BHPian

I'm at the Pune Camp SS for my first scheduled service. What should be the ideal final billing amount for the oil/oil filter change, without anything particular to repair/replace, apart from the usual 'overheating' complaint?
Also, can anyone who's installed the tank pad let me know if it is really useful? I am not planning to get a tank bag; so this will mainly be to protect the distal end of the tank.
Old 1st November 2023, 11:18   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre13 View Post
I'm at the Pune Camp SS for my first scheduled service. What should be the ideal final billing amount for the oil/oil filter change, without anything particular to repair/replace, apart from the usual 'overheating' complaint?
Also, can anyone who's installed the tank pad let me know if it is really useful? I am not planning to get a tank bag; so this will mainly be to protect the distal end of the tank.
If anything has to be repaired / replaced that hasn't happened due to own damage, it should be covered under warranty. The oil / oil filter change cost is about Rs. 1,500 and chain lubrication etc. costs Rs. 225. Together with GST, total cost of first service is about Rs. 2000.

I have had the tank pad and knee pads fitted. The tank pad is useful to avoid scratches / smudges due to your clothing, esp. zips and buttons etc. rubbing against the tank. The knee pads aren't very useful because knees usually are at a lower level, and it is difficult to grab the tank while saddling anyway.
davelok is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 11:20   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
Together with GST, total cost of first service is about Rs. 2000.

I have had the tank pad and knee pads fitted. The tank pad is useful to avoid scratches / smudges due to your clothing, esp. zips and buttons etc. rubbing against the tank. The knee pads aren't very useful because knees usually are at a lower level, and it is difficult to grab the tank while saddling anyway.
This is very useful. Thank you!
spectre13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 22:41   #1252
BHPian

Owners who have completed the first service, how are the vibrations after 100kmph/5000 rpm? How does it compare to ktm 390 in this regard?
Old 1st November 2023, 23:02   #1253

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhupesh View Post
Would anyone know whether Keerthi Ecity Bengaluru is carrying out servicing? The app shows zero slots for an indefinite period and no one picks up their phone.
You mean Khivraj E-city ? I was able to reach them via the phone listed on Google - 8904079805. You need to call in normal working hours or they won't lift the phone. All Triumph dealers in Bangalore are like this, possibly the only thing which tarnishes the 400 twins image for me

They said the service center was 'near the showroom' (for Khivraj Whitefield, the service is about a km away near the Decathlon showroom - so expect that much distance).

PS: Keerthi is only present in central Bangalore (the infamous outlet that destroyed a Daytona) and JP Nagar (new outlet).
Old 2nd November 2023, 01:32   #1254
BHPian

Hello - Has anyone installed USD fork seal cover for Speed400? I am planning to buy Kreiga but open to other brands. Want to know if fitting of seal cover is an issue?
CityRyder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 01:55   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityRyder View Post
Hello - Has anyone installed USD fork seal cover for Speed400? I am planning to buy Kreiga but open to other brands. Want to know if fitting of seal cover is an issue?
May I ask why do you feel the need for fork seal covers? Would like to know more about it.
Himanshu809 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 08:42   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
Owners who have completed the first service, how are the vibrations after 100kmph/5000 rpm? How does it compare to ktm 390 in this regard?
They have reduced marginally, but anyway the vibrations weren't present at 5k rpm; they start only at 7k & never get unbearable or hand numbing at any point.
BatmanTDK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 08:45   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
I have installed MotoTrendz fork seal covers, they cost ₹799 & there's no issue in fitting them.
BatmanTDK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 09:19   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
May I ask why do you feel the need for fork seal covers? Would like to know more about it.
Since the oil in USD is suspended above, dust getting up the fork and breaking the seal will have higher probability of leakage of oil as compared to telescopic suspension. Plus the male part of suspension is near the tyre which gets dirty. India is dustier and dirtier than UK(where Triumph belongs), and I think installing seal cover is a low cost additional protection.

I am sure changing suspension oil and oilseal will not be so cheap for my Speed 400.

Hope this answers. Happy riding.
CityRyder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 09:41   #1259

Quote:
I have installed Kriega fork seal covers and faced no issues. Just be careful when tying the zip ties, as the shape of the female end of the USD tubes may cause the zip ties to move upwards from the seal and not be placed exactly on it.
ChangChangMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 09:57   #1260
BHPian

People using Kriega fork seal covers - from where did you buy them, and how much did they cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks