Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2023, 05:59   #1171
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik_terni View Post

Hiccups so far:
1. The bike has shut off abruptly twice, once while starting from a signal and once while slowing down for a speed bump.
2. At one point it failed to start and i had to try 3-4 times. This was a bit embarrassing since my colleagues were checking out the new bike.

Both the times, the symptoms were similar to what happens when there's bad fuel in the system.

I'll keep an eye out on this.

[
This is an problem a few of us have faced, and I suspect that it is a fueling issue. It is not related to any bad fuel because I always fill it up at my regular, reputed petrol station.

I had mentioned this problem at the time of the first service at Riya Triumph Ahmedabad, but it recurred afterwards. Unfortunately, the stalling is random so it can't be reproduced on demand, but it usually happens when in second gear, going over a bump with the clutch pulled in fully.
davelok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 08:48   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
Care to clarify this? There's context here that I think I have but don't want to assume
This post. The video talks about Shumi's previous run-ins with Triumph over the Trident and the Tiger 660 Sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AulusGabinius View Post
Meanwhile, we have a 10-minute or so reaction video to Shumi's take, on why he hates Triumph. Honestly, I thought it was a fairly balanced review from Motor Inc.

https://Youtu.be/YSnROgpRyh0?si=Em3NyhmtZcRPUjfK</URL>
AulusGabinius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 09:13   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
Unfortunately, the stalling is random so it can't be reproduced on demand, but it usually happens when in second gear, going over a bump with the clutch pulled in fully.
Hi @davelok, what was Riya Triumph's response to your problem?

In my case it has always been in the first gear. I have not ridden the bike much in the last 2 days and I am currently not worried too much about the stalling. It is random and I'm hoping that the issue subsides after a few thousand kilometers.
pratik_terni is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 10:01   #1174

Quote:
Long Post Warning:

Hiccups so far:
1. The bike has shut off abruptly twice, once while starting from a signal and once while slowing down for a speed bump.
2. At one point it failed to start and i had to try 3-4 times. This was a bit embarrassing since my colleagues were checking out the new bike.
Okay, so today while going to the office the bike shut off after trying to launch it in 1st gear at a signal and then failed to start for 2-3 times.. I switched-off the engine and then turned it ON again. At this point, it did start.

I think the bike does not like heavy traffic, 1st gear (low RPM launch) and ambient high temps.

Need to see about the fuel like you mentioned as I have filled in the regular HP petrol from my regular fuel station. Might give a try to Shell at the next fill-up.
chinya95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 10:42   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
This post. The video talks about Shumi's previous run-ins with Triumph over the Trident and the Tiger 660 Sport.
Went through parts of it. Don't know the guy in question, but to me as a noob it looks simply like a 21 minute video of one bike influencer/guru taking a big satisfying dump on 2 other bike influencers/gurus, and his fans going gungho in the comments.

I'll be the ageist here and blindly side with the 50 year olds versus the puppy.

I mean the sheer HORROR ... a biker is not allowed his personal biases ...

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 20th October 2023 at 10:43.
ebonho is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 10:44   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Went through parts of it. Don't know the guy in question, but to me as a niob it looks simply as a 21 minute video of one bike influencer/guru taking a big satisfying dump on 2 other bike influencers/gurus, and his fans going gungho in the comments.

I'll be the ageist here and blindly side with the 50 year olds versus the puppy.

Cheets, Doc
Agreed, he's a little bit too bitter. Shumi didn't exactly trash the bike either. It's a little biased because the bike isn't a Duke-ish machine, but you should see what he says about the new Bullet. It's very balanced, informative and good entertainment.
AulusGabinius is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 10:49   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed, he's a little bit too bitter. Shumi didn't exactly trash the bike either. It's a little biased because the bike isn't a Duke-ish machine, but you should see what he says about the new Bullet. It's very balanced, informative and good entertainment.
This "reaction video" thing is a new industry on You Tube.

First gen (us) was having an opinion on something. As humans we are all unique. And so will be our opinions.

Second gen is having an opinion on someone else having an opinion.

Like come on. Blacklisting of opinionated people not saying good things about your product is as old (at least) as Dilip Bam.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
ebonho is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 11:57   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Guessed as much.
Channel name - "Real Auto Reviews".
Videos posted - "How other journalists are idiots and I'm the best"

Moving on.
shyamg28 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 12:49   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Hi @davelok, what was Riya Triumph's response to your problem?

In my case it has always been in the first gear. I have not ridden the bike much in the last 2 days and I am currently not worried too much about the stalling. It is random and I'm hoping that the issue subsides after a few thousand kilometers.
They said they'll fix it, but the problem recurred. Anyway they had told me that I could come back anytime, so I'll take the bike to the service centre this weekend.
Old 20th October 2023, 12:54   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
This "reaction video" thing is a new industry on You Tube.
<snip>
Second gen is having an opinion on someone else having an opinion.
Let me tell you about news articles about Twitter (X) replies to someone's Twitter (X) post.
Old 20th October 2023, 12:58   #1181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
Let me tell you about news articles about Twitter (X) replies to someone's Twitter (X) post.
Thankfully twittering (tweeting?) is like facebooking something I have deprived myself the odious pleasure of. Or insta, snap, etc eyc etc. Whatsapp was the next big thing for our gen which we took to like the proverbial ducks to water, after early millennial Yahoo groups (briefly) and then Forums for the longest time.
ebonho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 14:23   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
  1. I had this issue in the very beginning. There would be some moisture collecting towards the right side of the instrument panel after it rained or when it was very humid. I asked the service center and they said give it some time else come in at first service to get it checked. I did just let it go. Around 300km of usage I noticed that it didnt happen anymore. Whatever seal wasnt working fine, had probably set in by itself. I have done about 1300km now and havent seen the moisture return in the last 1000 kms. I think you can wait. If it is getting too bad, you can of course ask the service center to check
I didn't see it today. So I will wait for a few weeks and report to SC during my first service.

Quote:
That being said, you shouldnt be hearing scraping continuosly. Check if something is lodged in there
I didn't notice anything. It isn't happening always. Today I could hear it once or twice with in 5 min of my ride.
I will look closely today.
Old 20th October 2023, 14:34   #1183
BHPian

My last post in this thread.

Cancelled the pre-booking of the Speed 400 today.
Personally I felt it's too compact and unsuitable for my use which is primarily (adventure) touring with pillion. Will wait to see the Scrambler in flesh and blood and then take a call.

But, for people looking for a daily use bike, it's simply fantastic. Super flickable, light weight and reliability of Triumph.

Cheers to those who went ahead and bought it.
Enjoy your rides.

Last edited by aviator1101 : 20th October 2023 at 14:55. Reason: Adding content
aviator1101 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 16:03   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theconfusedguy View Post
I didn't see it today. So I will wait for a few weeks and report to SC during my first service.
Hello,

I noticed the fogging in the first few days of ownership when I rode through heavy rain on continuous days. However, it cleared up in a day or two and hasn't reappeared.

Enjoy your ride without worry! 😊

Cheers,

RR
Raskolnikov.R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 18:12   #1185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I mean the sheer HORROR ... a biker is not allowed his personal biases ...
The uncharacteristic part was how he seems to have changed his opinion in the recent video.

That said, agree with you and full respect to Shumi's opinion - those who have followed him long enough can understand his views and in line with his personal biases as he has called out earlier as well.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks