Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2023, 11:37   #1141
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Sorry for deviating from the discussion on the Speed 400 but do you know if they service the bigger bikes or is that too limited to the 400s? I have been trying to get in touch with Khivraj Triumph but no luck so far. No one answers the phone and the couple of times I visited the Whitefield showroom it was closed (that too around 11-12 PM) while customers were waiting outside

I want a Speed Twin 1200 and would prefer if I didn't have to deal with Keerthi but it doesn't look like Khivraj is much better.
I went on a weekend and I did not spot anyone with any of their bigger bikes there for service, so I am not sure. I spotted only couple of Tridents and a Tiger 660 in the showroom and no test ride bike for any other bike except Speed 400.

Also the two security guards were the ones handling the Speed 400 test rides and they were doing a pretty good job. I did not spot any other staff in the showroom except the person probably in charge. So overall I think Khivraj is working with minimal staff at least at the Electronic City branch. But they do answer the phone at least everytime i tried.
Brio2014 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 12:45   #1142
BHPian

I had posted this question about offroad-capable tyres in the tyre comparison thread, but since no one has replied, I thought I'd cross-post it here if someone has an informed opinion.

Quote:
Hi, I'm new to this topic. If I were to switch to the Apollo Trampler XR (150/60 r17 and 110/70 r17) on my Triumph Speed 400, how would it affect handling on roads, especially when cornering or braking?

The existing set of tyres on the bike is great for our roads, but if I were to go offroad on a trip, I would like to have more grip in sand or mud and greater protection from rocks, thorns, etc.
Old 14th October 2023, 14:33   #1143

We just did the first service yesterday and today I noticed all four indicators fogged up. A possible cause is the pressure wash.
I have informed the ASS manager about the issue, but haven't heard back, yet. Is anyone facing this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20231014_033053308.jpg  

neith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 23:13   #1144

Finally, I have received my carnival red Speed 400 from Triumph Kochi.

Triumph Speed 400 Review-p_20231014_134041.jpg

Delivery experience was OK. The staff is overwhelmed and made some mistakes which delayed my bike delivery by around two weeks. But they were courteous and explained everything. Boy, they are expanding big with 3 new showrooms, and moving some staff to these locations.

Initial impressions:
Upgrading from a 100cc Yamaha Ray, the bike is big and heavy for me. I was expecting it anyway. I am 5'7 and just able to reach the ground. It felt good riding it. There is a big bike feel with the ride and the engine sound. The sound of the horn did not feel premium though. The heat from the engine can felt very quickly, and lasted the whole journey of 30 minutes. By the time I reached home, the noise from the bike (the fan probably) was also loud. Initially, I thought it was coming from the somewhere else nearby. I hope these issues would subside as time passes.
animat126 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 17:20   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
Got my bike PPF'd today. Managed to get it done at a very decent price (~5k) for the tank and instrument panel. The guy who did mine was 5/5 in price, quality of work and convenience.
Are there any small stretch marks of ppf on the tank? Mine has noticeable marks. When I enquired about it, once he said it’ll be there as the tank design is like that, and then they’re like it’ll go away in a week. Don’t know what to believe.
Old 15th October 2023, 17:35   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animat126 View Post
Finally, I have received my carnival red Speed 400 from Triumph Kochi.

Delivery experience was OK. The staff is overwhelmed and made some mistakes which delayed my bike delivery by around two weeks. But they were courteous and explained everything. Boy, they are expanding big with 3 new showrooms, and moving some staff to these locations.

Initial impressions:
The sound of the horn did not feel premium though. The heat from the engine can felt very quickly, and lasted the whole journey of 30 minutes. By the time I reached home, the noise from the bike (the fan probably) was also loud. Initially, I thought it was coming from the somewhere else nearby. I hope these issues would subside as time passes.
Congratulations on your new ride. I wish you a million safe and happy miles on it. Yes the horn isn’t the loudest out there and the fan is pro-active when it comes to managing heat but I feel that’s a good thing. What’s better, an overheating engine or an overactive fan?

I’m 6’0” so the bike feels like a regular bike to me in terms of size and presence, not a big bike. But the power and wide handlebars help navigate the urban jungle, plus the plush suspension and wide tyres combined with the light weight nature of the bike make it extremely flickable.
Himanshu809 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 21:15   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neith View Post
We just did the first service yesterday and today I noticed all four indicators fogged up. A possible cause is the pressure wash.
I have informed the ASS manager about the issue, but haven't heard back, yet. Is anyone facing this issue?
I noticed this on the test bikes and I thought it may be due to the obvious treatment they get. But if it’s happening in other bikes too, then it might be a chink in what is otherwise a best-build-quality-in-the-segment bike. Hopefully you’ll have an answer from the ASS folks.
Old 16th October 2023, 11:53   #1148
BHPian

I took my bike to the Thol bird sanctuary yesterday, this time solo. I tied a tripod (video head mounted) with a strap and a bungee cord to the luggage rack. I later discovered that I had lost the 3/8-16 screw on the quick release plate somewhere on the road due to vibrations, and was cross at myself for not putting it in my backpack first. Anyway I have some spare screws, and usually use the 1/4-20 screw and socket for mounting my camera, so I was good.

Now that the bike has had its first service, I felt more confident about going faster. I'm amazed at how much it pulls even above 90kmph (the speedo being off by around 10%, I'm never sure of how fast I'm going unless I use the GPS Speedo app on my phone). However it thrums in the chest quite a bit. I guess I'm not used to riding fast, that's all. The road to the sanctuary has a lot of speed bumps, but there are some stretches where you can go fast without hurdles if you're lucky (i.e. no quadrupedal strays or bipedal interlopers).

Another thing that I did was to sit a lot closer to the tank instead of pushing my bum nearly to the pillion seat. This way, there was much less pressure on my palms and I could sit upright when I wanted, but now some mild stress got transferred to shoulder blades when I leaned into the wind.

The Carbon Racing pullback risers I've ordered are in transit. I'll get to find out how they help in riding in both the city and out on the highway once I get them installed. However, one thing that I realised while riding standing up on Thol's broken dirt road inside the sanctuary was that the pullback risers might bring the handlebar too close to my legs.

I rode all the way from the inside parking lot to the gate of the sanctuary standing on the footpegs (got some applause from some kids too). It was easy to do in 2nd and 3rd gear, and I didn't have to bend too much but the insides of my thighs started to feel it by the end of the 1km run. I did have a heavy camera backpack on my back. I need some abduction/adduction exercise and learn how to grip the tank properly with my knees. I think the bike also needs slightly longer footpegs for doing this. A helmet lock might be another useful accessory.

All in all, it was an enjoyable trip. I saw the season's first Greater Spotted Eagles, and a couple of seagulls. I need to examine the photos of the gulls closely to determine if they were Brown-headed or Black-headed, but either way they're rare to be seen at Thol.

Oh, and lest I forget, there still seems to be a fueling problem with my bike. It stalled again in 2nd gear with the clutch depressed. I also need to twist the throttle sharply to get it to start up at times at signals or when parked. How does your bike behave when you start it up?
davelok is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 12:45   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
Oh, and lest I forget, there still seems to be a fueling problem with my bike. It stalled again in 2nd gear with the clutch depressed. I also need to twist the throttle sharply to get it to start up at times at signals or when parked. How does your bike behave when you start it up?
On my drive back from the showroom after delivery, the bike switched off when I downshifted to neutral a couple of times at a traffic signal. I also have had the bike failing to start, a couple of times, and I had to throttle to get it running. But this doesn't happen all the time.
kap04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 16:44   #1150
BHPian

So the clueless bozos at One Triumph Delhi still have no answer to when I’ll get the registration number plates for my Speed 400. It has been a month since I’ve taken delivery of my bike and I was told I’ll get the number plates within a week.

As usual the staff at One Triumph are permanently clueless, whenever they do manage to complete the apparently Herculean task of picking up our calls, their only answer is Saar I’ll check. What are they checking for? Only the god almighty knows, when finally after four weeks of dilly-dallying my wife lost her cool at the branch manager he said there’s some RTO issue, what issue exactly is still a great mystery. If Triumph is reading this, your dealers are definitely saving a lot of bucks by hiring monkeys as staff.

Can anyone kindly point me out where to escalate this issue? Thanks in advance.
Himanshu809 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 17:03   #1151
BHPian

The parivahan.gov.in website provides the status of registration applications. It might be possible to figure out where the process is stuck. Unfortunately it offers no way to escalate anything.
Old 17th October 2023, 12:27   #1152

Honda has launched the CB300R at 2.4L. At around 147 kg, it is the lightest motorcycle in this segment. Now, it will be a proper competition to the Speed 400.
animat126 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 14:19   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
The parivahan.gov.in website provides the status of registration applications. It might be possible to figure out where the process is stuck. Unfortunately it offers no way to escalate anything.
Yes, I guess the situation is the same everywhere. It shows the status, but no way to escalate or even query them. My bike was registered in Mumbai on 18 Sep (delivered on 21 Sep), and the status is still the same since a month now. RC card has not even been sent for printing.
Old 17th October 2023, 18:29   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Saw this bike last week.

The bike is super SMALL!

This cant even compete with an FZ. I actually thought this was a 100cc bike when I first saw it.

Dont think this can compete with harley for road presence.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 19:24   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Saw this bike last week.

The bike is super SMALL!

This cant even compete with an FZ. I actually thought this was a 100cc bike when I first saw it.

Dont think this can compete with harley for road presence.
You're right. Last week when someone finally noticed my bike in the office parking, the second question he asked me was about the mileage, and the third one about what I thought of the Harley.

I wish I could have told him a bit more than "heavier and less powerful".
davelok is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks