Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2023, 03:27   #1111
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepressedZanpak View Post
Hi Himanshu. My registration is done and the dealer says that the bike is ready for delivery. The only problem is that the number plates haven't come to the dealer. Is it okay to take the delivery and ride with these temporary plates for now?

As long as the cops in your city won’t trouble you for temporary registration plate, you can and should take it.
Old 7th October 2023, 04:55   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
Folks I asked said it is normal for it to take even 2 months
Its normal to take 2 months or more. But I am surprised I got lucky this time. In 2015 and 17, my car and motorbike's RC had both taken about a year to arrive. For my car's RC, I wasn't available and it went back. After following the trail back to local PO, GPO, and 2/3 visits at RTO, I couldnt find the RC. I stopped looking for it after my experiences with the RTO. Eventually I wanted to apply for a duplicate when I wanted to sell the car, and when I went to do that I thought of trying one last time, and lo and behold, my original RC was there. Have had strange experiences with Pune RTO and I am always scared to step in that dungeon of an office. My wife had even worser experience when she recorded an employee asking for a bribe, but they arm twisted us to pay a bigger bribe and they didn't care about that video. We eventually lost that (perhaps 144p) video when she changed the phone You can imagine how happy I am this time that I got the document on time and I know exactly where to pick it up.
satyabrata.dash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 05:54   #1113
BHPian

Yesterday my friend from the US and I wandered into Keerthi Triumph as he wanted to get a look at the new bikes. We hung around in the ground and first and second floors for around 15 minutes. There were multiple salespeople around but not a single person approached us or made any attempt to make us feel welcome. I noticed a similar situation with other prospective customers as well.

Hopefully the experience is better at Khivraj.
jaganm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 09:20   #1114
BHPian

Has anybody ordered or installed the handlebar risers / pullback risers from Carbon Racing? It would be great to hear some feedback.
Old 7th October 2023, 12:57   #1115

Quote:
I got my bike on 9th September, which is almost 4 weeks ago but I still havent gotten the RC. Folks I asked said it is normal for it to take even 2 months. Hope I get it soon.
You can download it on Digilocker, it's accepted by Pune traffic police.
Old 7th October 2023, 18:54   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
Has anybody ordered or installed the handlebar risers / pullback risers from Carbon Racing? It would be great to hear some feedback.
Have ordered. But they're yet to ship it. No email support as they're having some server issue. But honestly, for me, a 2 inch pullback riser is required. Just trying this out as it's shorter/safer to defend in case of any warranty issues.
Senotrius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 20:43   #1117

Went to Keerthi today for the refund.

After we reached there, they asked us to get a Xerox of the booking receipt. Then had to hunt around for a Xerox shop, post which they made us wait for a good 3 to 4 hours giving various excuses to delay the process before they finally handed over the cheque to us.

The most pathetic dealership I've ever seen.
BikingNewbie23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 09:23   #1118
BHPian

I got my ppf done at CarzSpa, HSR Layout, Bangalore. I did it only for the tank. They charged me 4400 and gave the bike back within a day. The ppf is from Aegis 5 years warranty. It was the cheapest one. I got a quote for 10k and 14k from TurboCarCare, HSR layout, Bangalore for 7 years (GHT) and 10 years ( DynoShield) warranty respectively for the full bike.
chakli_kodbale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 11:59   #1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakli_kodbale View Post
I got my ppf done at CarzSpa, HSR Layout, Bangalore. I did it only for the tank. They charged me 4400 and gave the bike back within a day. The ppf is from Aegis 5 years warranty. It was the cheapest one. I got a quote for 10k and 14k from TurboCarCare, HSR layout, Bangalore for 7 years (GHT) and 10 years ( DynoShield) warranty respectively for the full bike.
Is PPF recommended? I saw YouTube videos where people are not recommending most coatings. Which one is actually needed to protect the paint ?
Old 8th October 2023, 15:56   #1120
BHPian

Caspian Blue meets elder brother

So I recently went to a FNG to get my old pain in the ass Classic 350 get running again. Due to 0 running since weeks the fuel tank had water and debris in it. The speedometer cable had gone kaput, the self start had committed sepukku and the bike was collecting rust. After replacing every dead part and a thorough cleaning in and out. The bike is ready to go again. The only good part about your bike being a simpleton, any simpleton can take care of it. The guy had a Bonneville T120 at his place for cleaning too. Took a very sharif and short ride on it. Great beast of a machine, I was riding at second gear in 40 and the T120 was begging me to twist the throttle, I didn’t and took it back very gently as it is someone else’s bike and I didn’t want to damage it needlessly. Got to respect other people’s machines, in fact I felt a little guilty as to the fact that I rode it a little without the owner’s permission.

Here are some pictures.

Classic 350 getting some much needed love.
Triumph Speed 400 Review-a2abe86e0c454c57abc8da19cf4deae0.jpeg

Little Triumph with the Big Triumph, have to say that the little Triumph feels at home next to T120 in terms of looks if not anything else.
Triumph Speed 400 Review-a97ec6d954cd4576bf9355f6513265fc.jpeg

Back at home. Need to clean my bike.
Triumph Speed 400 Review-3646d592beb74b5a96dd535e284d1afd.jpeg
Himanshu809 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 20:49   #1121

I did some calculations and found a discrepancy of around 1k overall.
Except the 2k booking amount, rest of the amounts were paid at the showroom (Retro Triumph, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad).
Here it goes.

Booking amount: Rs. 2,000
Ex-showroom price (minus 2k booking amount, and also considering the 10k discount as per invoice): Rs. 2,20,997
Insurance: Rs. 26,028
Road tax, along with other RTA charges (as per invoice): Rs. 27,745
Handling charges: Rs. 1,500

Expected total = Rs. 2,78,270

This was the timeline of events, along with amounts paid.
[05-07-2023] Booking amount: Rs. 2,000
[26-08-2023] Full payment: Rs. 2,76,941
[02-09-2023] Bike delivered. Nothing paid.
[12-09-2023] Registration. Nothing paid.
[07-10-2023] Number plate: Rs. 350

Actual paid: Rs. 2,79,291

Now, coming to the discrepancy, difference: Rs. 1,021

I questioned them why they were charging Rs 350 for number plate when I visited them yesterday to get it fixed. Apparently everyone needs to pay that, and I wasn't prepared with the numbers so ended up paying 350.
Overall, it didn't make sense to me why they charged 350 extra when they initially mentioned that everything I needed to pay was collected upfront. That led me to dig up the payment history and details to figure out what was going on.
I should've realized the discrepancies sooner and asked them.
However, better late than never. I'll try and get this clarified on my next visit since the vehicle is due for first service soon.

Irrespective of what happens in my case, I suggest others to be careful if you're yet to pay, or review your payment history if you've already paid, since some mismanagement seems to be going on!
Old 8th October 2023, 21:05   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikingNewbie23 View Post
Is PPF recommended? I saw YouTube videos where people are not recommending most coatings. Which one is actually needed to protect the paint ?
Because of the scratches I decided to go with PPF. The tank is very scratch prome honestly.

How can I find the user manual ? In the Triumph India app the user manual is soo crappy. Not user friendly at all. I heard that there’s no physical copy given also. Any place where I can find the pdf of the user manual?

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th October 2023 at 00:32. Reason: Merging posts. Please use EDIT function instead of back to back posts. Thank you.
Old 10th October 2023, 12:00   #1123
BHPian

Anyone got a proper rear paddock stand. Any suggestion which one is better for speed 400. Saw the xplore one which is the cheapest on Amazon. Not sure how good it is compared to others.
Old 10th October 2023, 12:26   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk_cheek13 View Post
Anyone got a proper rear paddock stand. Any suggestion which one is better for speed 400. Saw the xplore one which is the cheapest on Amazon. Not sure how good it is compared to others.
I didnt buy a paddock stand because well, I cant leave it in the apartment parking. I got a moto jack. You can see my post here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5638832 (Triumph Speed 400 Review)
lazyrev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 14:15   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
I didnt buy a paddock stand because well, I cant leave it in the apartment parking. I got a moto jack. You can see my post here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5638832 (Triumph Speed 400 Review)
Thanks lazyrev. I did check this out. But I wanted a proper stand to keep the bike straight when left for longer periods. The jack is helpful for quick maintenance but I was looking for a different purpose.

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th October 2023 at 15:12. Reason: Minor typo.
sk_cheek13 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks