Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2023, 10:35   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

After watching the reaction video, I actually rewatched Shumi's own review of the Trident 660 on Powerdrift. It was a decent review for an exciting motorcycle (in the Indian context). He didn't throw as many excrements on the bike as much as he did on the Tiger Sport 660 review he did 8 months later. A bike that shares the exact same engine as the Trident.

As per Shumi, both Trident and Speed 400 (both roadsters) have
1. Excellent fit and finish
2. Good torque in the low end
3. Not too much top end
4. Vibey at higher speeds above 110
5. Compact motorcycles that do not feel much of an upgrade over lower capacity bikes in terms of size.
6. You will outgrow them soon enough due to the lack of step-up in power compared to its similar capacity (but more expensive) competition coming from the same factory.

My assessment is that something happened in the period between both videos (August 2021 and April 2022) that pissed him off over Triumph leading him to allegedly get blacklisted from the Triumph Tiger 1200 event (There is no Tiger 1200 video by Powerdrift till date).

And then there is another unresolved matter of him selling off his own (restricted) Street Triple within 1 year of ownership in 2016?

Whatever has happened, it has introduced some bias in his assessment of Triumphs and he should have been more open about it rather than badmouthing supposedly competent and competitive products.

Triumph themselves have not been saints all along starting with lying about power outputs on their earlier motorcycles sold in India and then whatever on earth is going on at Keerthi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtx2 View Post
Triumph has announced price for both the bikes in US/UK.
I guess I had guessed correctly 3 days back

Last edited by antz.bin : 6th October 2023 at 10:37.
antz.bin is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 11:24   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
6. You will outgrow them soon enough due to the lack of step-up in power compared to its similar capacity (but more expensive) competition coming from the same factory.
I believe this statement is going to be very true for many owners here and i suspect very soon too.

Most of us need that extra bit that will keep us from getting bored with these machines.

Regards
Bharath
Old 6th October 2023, 12:21   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
I believe this statement is going to be very true for many owners here and i suspect very soon too.

Most of us need that extra bit that will keep us from getting bored with these machines.

Regards
Bharath
Aha! so when is the 399ADV coming?
windiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 14:06   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritwiknagappa View Post
Has anyone purchased a paddock stand for their Speed 400? I'm looking to buy one as I don't trust the side stand as much :P

I believe having a paddock stand will also help with repairs and overall maintenance. Can I buy any stand or is there something more specific that I need to keep an eye out for?

TIA!
The side stand is pretty robust in my opinion but of course, it cant be used for repairs and maintenance.

I bought this grandpitstop motojack (LINK) for chain lube duties and it worked very well for the first run. Some people prefer the g roller but it needs more effort because the weight of the bike is on the bearings. The moto jack is much smoother.

The chain is on the same side as the moto jack so I covered it with newspaper to protect it from the cleaner and lube. Do avoid the cheaper copies of this moto jack. I ordered one and it kept slipping so returned it and got the grandpitstop one which works perfectly.

BEFORE & AFTER CHAIN CLEANING AND LUBING
Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_20231002_130905267_hdr.jpgTriumph Speed 400 Review-img_20231002_132133135_hdr.jpg

Lastly, all this talk about getting bored of this bike has me bored, to be honest. If someone can get bored of a 40 bhp/30 Nm street roadster of this build and quality, on our roads and highways, I would say that the problem is really not the bike.

Last edited by lazyrev : 6th October 2023 at 14:08.
lazyrev is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 15:57   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
I too received my bike yesterday....
They somehow find something to screw up all the time, this time it was the fuel, I had requested around 3 times to the delivery team there to fill some fuel, and they forgot. The delivery team is also equally bad. There was no key handing-over ceremony as such,...

Regarding accessories, what I heard is that it might take another 2 months. One guy over there said that the quality of accessories manufactured by Bajaj didn't satisfy Tirumph, so they had to recall that batch.
Congratulation on your new Ride Just cannot wait to join you all in the club.

No handing over ceremony? Omg so they just want to throw out the bikes and get done with? Others who got the delivery yesterday had the same experience too or was it just bad timing?

I know they are trying hard, but they have managed to screw up a lot even for me to loose patience and stop supporting them. I just want to get my bike and get all other things done at Khivraj. Hope things are better there.

Coming to the accessoreis, that is what Vignesh told me the other day, but I did not understand how other Triumph dealers are installing it on the bikes.
sk_cheek13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 16:35   #1101

Super pissed off with Keerthi:

I had cancelled my booking and followed all processes mentioned by them. It's been a month or so. When I followed up 2 days ago, they said I have to personally go to the showroom and collect a cheque from there and then go to the bank and deposit it to get my money back.

*** is this ???? Has anybody else cancelled their booking and could you please help here?? I tried reasoning it out with them but they're saying this is the process they're following for everyone.

How on earth are they expecting us to go collect a cheque ???

Friends..please let me know if anybody else has cancelled at Keerthi
Old 6th October 2023, 17:25   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post

Regards
Bharath
Sorry for throwing a spanner in the enthusiasm of all the new owners with my great-grandfatherly wisdom.

Never mind my post, enjoy ur machine!

Regards
Bharath
Old 6th October 2023, 18:15   #1103

Alert: Terrible experience with Keerthi triumph

I am not sure what happened to my post, so posting again so that everybody is aware. This is not intended to be a duplicate post @admin

After following all due processes and it's been a month or so now, no sight of the 2k refund. I called them up a couple of days ago and they said they will issue a cheque and can't refund online.

So they can collect cash online but can't refund. They said this is what they're doing with everyone when I argued.

What sort of customer service is this? Has anybody else got their refund ? Can anybody confirm if this is what Keerthi is doing with everyone who has cancelled the booking ?
Old 6th October 2023, 18:25   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikingNewbie23 View Post
*** is this ???? Has anybody else cancelled their booking and could you please help here?? I tried reasoning it out with them but they're saying this is the process they're following for everyone.

Quote:

I am not sure what happened to my post, so posting again so that everybody is aware. This is not intended to be a duplicate post @admin

...Can anybody confirm if this is what Keerthi is doing with everyone who has cancelled the booking ?
I have written to them twice and no response. It looks like the earlier cancellation were processed within a week or two but now they are giving the run around.

I did ask earlier here for anyone who might have an escalation matrix, but no luck.
Old 6th October 2023, 18:48   #1105
BHPian

Quote:

I had a similar experience with Royal Enfield when I cancelled my Hunter booking which was done via official website. They refund via cheque only that too after lot of follow ups, so don't think it is specific to Triumph/ Keerthi.
Old 6th October 2023, 19:01   #1106

Oh that's bad..yes an escalation matrix would help. But has anybody got the refund back and was it via cheque ? Can anybody confirm ?
Old 6th October 2023, 21:03   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
I have written to them twice and no response. It looks like the earlier cancellation were processed within a week or two but now they are giving the run around.

I did ask earlier here for anyone who might have an escalation matrix, but no luck.
Quote:

After following all due processes and it's been a month or so now, no sight of the 2k refund. I called them up a couple of days ago and they said they will issue a cheque and can't refund online.

So they can collect cash online but can't refund. They said this is what they're doing with everyone when I argued.

What sort of customer service is this? Has anybody else got their refund ? Can anybody confirm if this is what Keerthi is doing with everyone who has cancelled the booking ?
Guys I really suggest raising a complaint through this form. https://callcentermanagement.excello...plaintTRM.aspx

Some people have had success because Triumph basically creates an open issue that cannot be closed unless you provide the dealer with an OTP after resolution. If nothing else, at least it will keep a ticket open and give you a # to refer to while escalating. I hope everyone having issues gets theirs resolved.

Reading the issues with Keerthi, BUB in Pune feels like paradise (I got delivery with HSRP within 4 days of making the payment). Khivraj cant get up to speed soon enough. I hope once that happens, Triumph deletes Keerthi completely. I am guessing they arent taking action now because they will lose the only dealer in the largest market in our country, that is Bengaluru.
Old 6th October 2023, 21:52   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
Has anyone in Pune got their RC
I got a motorcycle 2 weeks back and I was told I would get my RC from Pune RTO after Diwali, but I got a call from the postman today, he was at my door to deliver my RC and and I am out of town this weekend. So I will have to collect it from my local postoffice when I am back. Surprisingly he carried my wife's re-issued license too, which was ordered 5 months back, and we would be collecting both together.
Old 6th October 2023, 22:01   #1109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had cancelled my booking and followed all processes mentioned by them. It's been a month or so. When I followed up 2 days ago, they said I have to personally go to the showroom and collect a cheque from there and then go to the bank and deposit it to get my money back.
Don't think this is dealer or brand specific. I have cancelled a Mahindra XUV 3OO and a Volkswagen Taigun in the past- both times prebooking done online was refunded by a bank cheque.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 23:51   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyabrata.dash View Post
I got a motorcycle 2 weeks back and I was told I would get my RC from Pune RTO after Diwali, but I got a call from the postman today, he was at my door to deliver my RC and and I am out of town this weekend. So I will have to collect it from my local postoffice when I am back. Surprisingly he carried my wife's re-issued license too, which was ordered 5 months back, and we would be collecting both together.
I got my bike on 9th September, which is almost 4 weeks ago but I still havent gotten the RC. Folks I asked said it is normal for it to take even 2 months. Hope I get it soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks