Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2023, 15:23   #1081
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AulusGabinius View Post
Meanwhile, we have a 10-minute or so reaction video to Shumi's take, on why he hates Triumph. Honestly, I thought it was a fairly balanced review from Motor Inc.
I have seen this video when it came out and although I am not one for "Journo"/Influencer drama and it was quite fluffy, I did find the points quite believable.

Coming to motorinc's review, I would like to differ. I found the review heavily tainted by Shumi's experience with his dealer and his overall strong bias towards his beloved Dukes. Especially the points where he harped on "character" and taking the balanced approach or middle road by Triumph as a mistake. Anyway, people can have opinions but I feel like there is a way to put it forward, especially when you have a large-ish platform.

Anurag touched on the balanced approach too and did mention that someone might get used to this bike, but he did counter it as a very valid thing people can want too. Like not having to work for the engine (like on the KTMs) and the engine working for you.
lazyrev is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 15:27   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
I have seen this video when it came out and although I am not one for "Journo"/Influencer drama and it was quite fluffy, I did find the points quite believable.

Coming to motorinc's review, I would like to differ. I found the review heavily tainted by Shumi's experience with his dealer and his overall strong bias towards his beloved Dukes. Especially the points where he harped on "character" and taking the balanced approach or middle road by Triumph as a mistake. Anyway, people can have opinions but I feel like there is a way to put it forward, especially when you have a large-ish platform.

Anurag touched on the balanced approach too and did mention that someone might get used to this bike, but he did counter it as a very valid thing people can want too. Like not having to work for the engine (like on the KTMs) and the engine working for you.
Agree with your point on Shumi's video, but once you see what sort of reviews he gives to most things, then you kind of take everything they say with a pinch of salt. For example, the Sonet vs Fronx video. Can't say I agree with that at all. Anurag and most everyone else agreed, that it's an easygoing, fun bike that you will enjoy for the ease and come back for the relaxing feel while still having a blast when you open the throttle. Based on my test ride, I'm in total agreement with that. Not to mention that Shumi said he couldn't find the DNA of his Speed Twin or Triple and I gave up. Really? You'll take a hooligan over a Speed Twin because of the way it feels?

Last edited by AulusGabinius : 5th October 2023 at 15:28.
AulusGabinius is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 16:02   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanTDK View Post
They are still completely ignoring me! Absolutely no response from their side yet.
An update:
My sales consultant still didn't respond to me after my many attempts to clear things with him so finally I raised a complaint on the Triumph India app. After my complaint had been taken, the people from Shaman contacted me within 20 mins!
They have assured me a refund by next Thursday.

I suggest everyone to use the app for any complaints, queries & feedback; it has a dedicated section just for that.
BatmanTDK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 19:45   #1084
BHPian

Caspian Blue gets lighter

Finally removed the eyesore saree guard. I don’t need it hence got rid of it. Triumph Speed 400 Review-b97b8e2fe0654c96b6a0271710cc445c.jpeg

Triumph Speed 400 Review-c190b0c02533414182cac308d1eff1f4.jpeg

Triumph Speed 400 Review-d74706122ea44088b852d10b5d23eeb0.jpeg

Sorry for the dirty bike and night pics. Just took them a few minutes ago after coming back from work and riding the bike to a nearby petrol pump guy who has all size keys to get the lower nuts removed. The upper nut was ready to remove once I found my allen key set. But the lower ones were hexagonal nuts and I didn’t have a key for their size. They should’ve been allen key nuts too.
Himanshu809 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 20:22   #1085
BHPian

Congratulations @funkyAstronaut and @chakli_kodbale on your new rides. I'm so so excited and waiting with bated breath for my ride.

Any news about accessories at Keerthi?
sk_cheek13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 22:04   #1086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
Caspian Blue gets lighter

Finally removed the eyesore saree guard. I don’t need it hence got rid of it. Attachment 2512936

Attachment 2512937

Attachment 2512938

Sorry for the dirty bike and night pics. Just took them a few minutes ago after coming back from work and riding the bike to a nearby petrol pump guy who has all size keys to get the lower nuts removed. The upper nut was ready to remove once I found my allen key set. But the lower ones were hexagonal nuts and I didn’t have a key for their size. They should’ve been allen key nuts too.
Hi Himanshu. My registration is done and the dealer says that the bike is ready for delivery. The only problem is that the number plates haven't come to the dealer. Is it okay to take the delivery and ride with these temporary plates for now?
Old 5th October 2023, 22:36   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk_cheek13 View Post
Congratulations @funkyAstronaut and @chakli_kodbale on your new rides. I'm so so excited and waiting with bated breath for my ride.

Thanks man. The bike is awesome. Didn’t push it though. Kinda gets heated up in traffic. Silk Board was messed up like usual. Didn’t ask about the accessories. I’ll never visit them again. I might get the accessories from Khivraj.
chakli_kodbale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 00:31   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
The upper nut was ready to remove once I found my allen key set. But the lower ones were hexagonal nuts and I didn’t have a key for their size. They should’ve been allen key nuts too.
The bike looks dope!

I recommend getting a ratchet spanner set and an allen key set to keep at home. They are very useful for many things and are quite cheap.
I have these two and they have served me very well:

https://www.amazon.in/Egofine-ratche...ustomerReviews
https://www.amazon.in/DECKER-BDHT815.../dp/B07L8Q9LCT
lazyrev is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 02:46   #1089

Has anyone purchased a paddock stand for their Speed 400? I'm looking to buy one as I don't trust the side stand as much :P

I believe having a paddock stand will also help with repairs and overall maintenance. Can I buy any stand or is there something more specific that I need to keep an eye out for?

TIA!
ritwiknagappa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 06:19   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakli_kodbale View Post
. I’ll never visit them again. I might get the accessories from Khivraj.
Any bad experience or just convenience?

For me the Khivraj makes more sense as it's just 4 kms away for me and I personally know a SA there. Hope they release the accessories soon in showrooms.
Old 6th October 2023, 07:54   #1091
BHPian

Triumph has announced price for both the bikes in US/UK. There is a 600$ gap between Speed and Scrambler pricing there. Price for scrambler not announced for India yet, but seems like it would be reasonable.

Speed 400 : 4995$
Scrambler 400 : 5595$
gtx2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 08:13   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk_cheek13 View Post
I too received my bike yesterday. I reached Keerthi around 11:30AM and i finally received the bike at 1:30PM. They somehow find something to screw up all the time, this time it was the fuel, I had requested around 3 times to the delivery team there to fill some fuel, and they forgot. The delivery team is also equally bad. There was no key handing-over ceremony as such, but to keep some memories I had to ask them to hand over the key and my daughter took some snaps. That place is a dump, it's so congested and all floors are filled with bikes. So I would say it's not a good idea to leave your bike in there, better take delivery and bring it home. I don't think I'll be stepping into that place in future, so relieved to get the bike without any dents or scratches. I hope Khivraj service is good, the service centre is just a km from my home, so I intend to take the bike there from now.

Regarding accessories, what I heard is that it might take another 2 months. One guy over there said that the quality of accessories manufactured by Bajaj didn't satisfy Tirumph, so they had to recall that batch.

Last edited by kap04 : 6th October 2023 at 08:21. Reason: Added details
kap04 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 08:49   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtx2 View Post
Triumph has announced price for both the bikes in US/UK. There is a 600$ gap between Speed and Scrambler pricing there. Price for scrambler not announced for India yet, but seems like it would be reasonable.

Speed 400 : 4995$
Scrambler 400 : 5595$
That's coming to a INR 50k or so difference, but given the differential between the India/US pricing on this and other India-exports, I'd say the speculation of 25-30k more is pretty justified. A pleasant surprise would be 15-20k more, I'd say.
AulusGabinius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 09:34   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AulusGabinius View Post
Meanwhile, we have a 10-minute or so reaction video to Shumi's take, on why he hates Triumph.
Thanks for sharing the video. I thought Shumi’s review was a bit harsh, despite being a big fan of Shumi.
I’m his fan, not because he is a celebrity or anything. It’s because of the clarity he has been providing in all his years of experience as a journalist.

I’m surprised to see the reaction video and the attention it’s garnering.

Every review made by a human being is going to be biased. It’ll be biased to his/her knowledge, experience, opinions and beliefs.
That’s the sole reason why you must always test ride and then YOU must make a decision. Not because someone says so.

Let’s say KTM Adv 390 was reviewed by FortNine and he bluntly said, buy KTM Duke 399 instead. He ridiculed the Adv in his video. But he is not wrong. So, does that mean he is right? There are thousands of people who own one and vouch for these machines.

What I’m trying to say is, power to those who took test ride and then made a decision on their own. They are the ones who will be the happiest.

For the rest of the folks cribbing MotorInc is crappy, shumi is biased, etc. Good luck.
bpapache is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 09:42   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpapache View Post
What I’m trying to say is, power to those who took test ride and then made a decision on their own. They are the ones who will be the happiest.
Agreed. MotorInc isn't the end-all-be-all, and it's not like he didn't say any good things. The suspension, tractability, for and finish, etc are all excellent in his book. Where Shumi kind of veers off is th engine's experience. He's a Duke fan, and to him it's not going to appeal. It's like me saying I don't like the Duke because it's too high-revving and too annoying as a result. But what he failed to realise is that all Triumphs are mid-range strong, torquey bikes. That is kind of their personality. They are all various versions of British aristocrats, in a way, dignified, and going strong.
AulusGabinius is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks