Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2023, 12:20   #1006
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
I couldnt wait the week extra so I reached a compromise where I told them I will make the full payment but that I want the chassis number of the bike. This was to make sure that the bike was actually with them and not on the factory line. You could try to reach this compromise if you want to. Otherwise, you can raise a complaint with Triumph (I did this) and they will ask the dealer to contact you. They take this pretty seriously so you may be able to inspect before paying.
I will add that this is not a Triumph specific thing. Many customers are willing to fork cash early to avoid multiple trips and get it quickly. I remember being the only one here who had raised a complaint about it to Triumph itself. I am guilty of caving in too as I thought there will be warranty to take care of any issue. I received a brand new bike with the promised chassis number. I dont endorse it but it worked for me
Yeah I agree. In the showroom I didn't see anyone having any issues with the bike. But if the bike is in demand, why would they insist this on me?I'm getting 10k discount on this which is a significant amount. I'm also hesitant to pay the full amount without even seeing the bike. I don't know anyone who took the delivery from Triumph Kochi. I'm very confused.

Quote:
For me, insurance from the dealer was close to 25k (United). This includes zero dep for the first year and some addons for consumables engine etc. What you have seen as 16k is not possible. The basic 5yr third party insurance is mandated by govt and is 15.2k or so, plus GST. So you probably missed the GST part, which would make it 20k. Add on zero dep which many prefer to have for the first year at an IDV of 2.2L or so, and your premium will go up to around 22-23k, at which point I found it easier to just take the dealer's deal. From my research only Acko was cheaper by around 4k (~21k total) for the same package but again, I went the convenient route.
Yeah I ignored the GST. With GST it comes out around 20k. So I will go ahead with the insurance provided by them. Thanks.
Old 28th September 2023, 16:00   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyAstronaut View Post
I got the otp friday last week, no updates since then. Keerthi was closed on Tuesday (as per Tarun) due to the bandh, and probably will be closed again on Friday. I wish we could have gotten it before the long weekend :(
When did you make the payment ?
Old 28th September 2023, 16:03   #1008

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakli_kodbale View Post
When did you make the payment ?
I made the full payment on 2nd September, got insurance SMS on 14th, RTO OTP on 21st.

Haven’t received any update after that.

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th September 2023 at 16:19. Reason: Upper case where needed.
funkyAstronaut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 17:49   #1009
BHPian

This is the response from Keerthi Triumph after around 100 missed calls.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_0445.png  

chakli_kodbale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 18:11   #1010
BHPian

Quote:

If they don’t have the vehicle dispatch details, on what basis are they asking to make full payment?

Although I don’t like the way he has responded, I feel the fault is more on Triumph and Bajaj themselves and also the management/leadership of Keerthi. We can all understand that new vehicles can have delayed deliveries but how difficult it is to streamline the delivery process and to keep the communications clear and friendly? Do these two efficiently and you’ve almost taken care of customer experience aspect.
A good product like Speed 400 definitely deserves a much better customer experience than what we have been seeing especially from Keerthi. It makes me wonder how Maruti and Hyundai handle the huge demand year-round.
vishaljawahar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 18:36   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
But didn't you get the insurance policy with the chassis and engine no? And why is he then saying that the bike has not yet reached the dealership? What i thought is that they would have the bikes in their yard , and before delivery, they would bring them to the showroom.
Old 28th September 2023, 18:49   #1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
But didn't you get the insurance policy with the chassis and engine no? And why is he then saying that the bike has not yet reached the dealership? What i thought is that they would have the bikes in their yard , and before delivery, they would bring them to the showroom.
Exactly, I can't figure out what process they are following. If they have gone forward with the insurance and the RTO registration with the chassis number, they must have received the bikes physically, so as to have done a PDI before doing these 2. So in a way they are contradicting themselves by saying they don't have the bikes physically. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 28th September 2023, 19:58   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Exactly I’ve got the chassis and engine number in the insurance. When I asked if I can change the color while making the full payment he was like your bike is already here, it’ll take 2 more weeks if you change the color. So I didn’t change at all. And now looks like the bike isn’t with the dealership. I’ll be visiting them on saturday. Maybe they’ll be closed tomorrow because of the bandh.
Old 28th September 2023, 20:26   #1014
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theconfusedguy View Post
I have couple of doubts:
1. Triumph Kochi has called me and said I will eligible for 10k discount if i Pay them the whole amount before Sept 29th. They are quoting 2.97 Lakhs on road price (after the 10k Discount). Is it safe to pay the whole amount without even seeing the bike in person?
On one hand, Triumph India is doing a media blitz and desperately trying to cross the 10,000 bookings mark, by reaching out to everyone who showed interest and / or booked earlier. The Rs 10,000 offer is still very much on the table.

On the other hand, it is sad to see my old friends at Triumph Kochi are going the Keerthi way and pressurizing gullible customers to part with their money, to pay for bikes that are nowhere to be seen

Just go through this thread to see all the posts on the on-going Rs 10,000 offer. If you have a valid booking, the showroom cannot take away the original offer by the company. They are looking for suckers. Dont pay a rupee more than what you already have, until the bike arrives and you can see it in front of you. Do your PDI and then pay up. Also, ask for a detailed breakup of the on-road price and ensure that no handling charges are baked in. As an existing Triumph customer, I can tell you that they know where to hide it!

Here is what I wrote on the same booking issue regarding the other notorious Triumph dealer - Keerthi Triumph. I can only reiterate - Be smart, folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
These are the typical bullying tactics that Keerthi is infamous for. Given their torrid reputation, I dont know why anyone would cave in and pay up when they dont even know where the bikes are, and when they will be delivered. I urge buyers to proceed with caution.

Its not like you are buying some limited edition mega super-expensive exotic superbike. The Speed 400 is a mass market 400 cc bike that will sell in thousands every year. Falling for these age old tricks from rogue dealers will only encourage them to do more shady stuff.

And this isnt anything against Keerthi Triumph.

Even if I was buying a ZX4R or a CBR650R or a RTR310 or an Ather or a CT100 from the best of motorcycle dealerships, I would insist on doing a full PDI before parting with my money. Be smart, folks.
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 22:03   #1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
[list=1][*]This is what all dealers do when there is high demand for the product. The Pune dealer did this too and after haggling (and a complaint from me to Triumph), he said that I can indeed see the bike before it is sent for RTO registration, but I will have to wait for a week extra because for people who pay the full amount, they take the bikes directly from the lot to the RTO and then to the showroom for delivery.
  • I couldnt wait the week extra so I reached a compromise where I told them I will make the full payment but that I want the chassis number of the bike. This was to make sure that the bike was actually with them and not on the factory line. You could try to reach this compromise if you want to. Otherwise, you can raise a complaint with Triumph (I did this) and they will ask the dealer to contact you. They take this pretty seriously so you may be able to inspect before paying.
Today, I fell for the similar thing with Triumph Thane. It seems that these guys are trained to do this only by their senior management.
Last week, when I spoke with the sales guy, he said that the bike is available with them and is present in their stockyard. On this reason alone I told him that I will make the full payment and duly did it in the next 2 days with the guarantee that I will get the VIN immediately as soon as the payment is made.

Later, when my cheque got cleared, I tried reaching him to which he didn't answer my calls nor did he responded to my texts.

Today, finally when he answered my call, he said that my bike is in transit from the factory.

I have told him that I want to see the bike without any further documentations of RTO & Insurance.

Extremely disappointed in the way these dealerships are cheating people.
Old 29th September 2023, 08:57   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanTDK View Post
There is no paperwork or proof regarding where this amount went. Also my sales executive has ignored all my calls & messages on whatsapp when I have asked for an explanation for the same.
They are still completely ignoring me! Absolutely no response from their side yet.

I have attached the Proforma invoice & my insurance paid receipt below as proof.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-screenshot_20230929_084616_samsung-notes.jpg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img20230925wa0003.jpg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-20230925_160755.jpg  

Old 29th September 2023, 10:06   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
On one hand, Triumph India is doing a media blitz and desperately trying to cross the 10,000 bookings mark, by reaching out to everyone who showed interest and / or booked earlier. The Rs 10,000 offer is still very much on the table.
Thanks. I haven't received any confirmation apart from the booking recipt from Triumph. Do I have to be worried about this?

Quote:
Just go through this thread to see all the posts on the on-going Rs 10,000 offer. If you have a valid booking, the showroom cannot take away the original offer by the company. They are looking for suckers. Dont pay a rupee more than what you already have, until the bike arrives and you can see it in front of you. Do your PDI and then pay up.
This is what I am planning to do. I will wait for few weeks if I had to.

Quote:
Also, ask for a detailed breakup of the on-road price and ensure that no handling charges are baked in. As an existing Triumph customer, I can tell you that they know where to hide it!
Thanks. I didn't know about this. I will ask them.
Old 29th September 2023, 11:45   #1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanTDK View Post
There is no paperwork or proof regarding where this amount went. Also my sales executive has ignored all my calls & messages on whatsapp when I have asked for an explanation for the same.
Are you dealing with a sales consultant named Samadhan?
Old 29th September 2023, 12:45   #1019

Quote:
Exactly I’ve got the chassis and engine number in the insurance. When I asked if I can change the color while making the full payment he was like your bike is already here, it’ll take 2 more weeks if you change the color. So I didn’t change at all. And now looks like the bike isn’t with the dealership. I’ll be visiting them on saturday. Maybe they’ll be closed tomorrow because of the bandh.
At what time are you planning to visit Keerthi on Saturday? I also wanted to visit, and can come anytime around and after 1 PM. Should we visit at the same time?
Old 29th September 2023, 13:15   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinya95 View Post
Are you dealing with a sales consultant named Samadhan?
No, I've been dealing with Nimesh. Extremely slow to respond even during the purchase & pre-delivery process.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks