Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2023, 19:39   #931
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

If you see the message I got from Triumph last week (I took delivery of my bike on 30th August), it seems that some of the people who booked the bike early have not yet confirmed their booking or paid fully. Earlier, Triumph had sent a similar message to prod people to pay up by 15th August but the dealership was fine with my offer to pay them in three instalments.

To me, this looks like the initial enthusiasm has worn off, and this being an expensive new and untested bike, people who would buy Royal Enfields are holding back. If this suspicion is true, we'll see some promotional offer soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-screenshot_20230920_193232_whatsapp.jpg  

davelok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 19:45   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhupesh View Post
Got the bike today. Fatty5 - the Classic500 - finally has some company

By the way, Keerthi has recieved a big lot last weekend. Delivered 10+ vehicle today. They won't pick up phone, so you should just show up.
Many congratulations !!

I would not be surprised! I booked on 8th September. And today afternoon I received an update that I could still be the one among the initial 10K bookings to get the INR 10,000 discount!
I was pleasantly surprised to get this message as I believed the 10K bookings and payments was done long back!

Last edited by balajisv : 20th September 2023 at 19:48. Reason: Missed congratulating the new purchase
Old 20th September 2023, 20:04   #933

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Just got this message from TRIUMPH. Fun fact, I have booked scrambler. Also, how on earth have they not had 10000 bookings. Strange world we live in.
Can you check with the showroom?

I had a brief idea of changing the booking to Scrambler but was told the initial discount wouldn't apply as it is only for first 10,000 deliveries (note, its not bookings).
Reason: There can be many who book and then cancel, the benefit will not carry forward to the actual deliveries if so. Hence ensuring the benefits are for those first 10K customers who actually buy the bike.

It kind of make sense but Scrambler may or may not receive the benefit as there is a very good chance the first 10K deliveries will be made before that hits the road.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th September 2023 at 20:14. Reason: broken quote tag fixed
Old 20th September 2023, 20:54   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Many congratulations !!

I would not be surprised! I booked on 8th September. And today afternoon I received an update that I could still be the one among the initial 10K bookings to get the INR 10,000 discount!
I was pleasantly surprised to get this message as I believed the 10K bookings and payments was done long back!
It seems the cancellation and delay in payments are on a higher side as initial buyers may be holding back to buy now and may want to wait for a few months post the initial issues are sorted out. Nothing officially out on this but something is definitely up.
Dushie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 21:09   #935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Just got this message from TRIUMPH.
Even I have received it. It seems that they are yet to cross 10,000 deliveries and have prioritised those who are ready to pay early.

Yesterday, I had gone to make the full payment and discussed this discount with my Sales Consultant. Without much haggling, he offered it to me. I got the 10,000 discount despite not being one of the early ones to book the bike.
Old 20th September 2023, 21:13   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk_cheek13 View Post
I had done my payment on 5th Sept and did receive the insurance details this weekend from Keerthi. I would suggest you pay them a visit or try getting in contact with the SA. My SA was not reachable, so managed to get other SA's number through the financing guy (l know right ). Now waiting for the RTO OTP. But I guess due to the festival holiday's it will be delayed some more.
Any further updates about the bike?
Old 20th September 2023, 21:51   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AulusGabinius View Post
Loving this, exactly what I was thinking of doing. Doing on the Scrambler might be an issue with the padding and the different handlebar though. Will you be adding a flyscreen down the line? Autologue seems to be working on one in addition to the official accessories one.
I just checked and the scrambler has just enough space as my speed 400 to attach the bobo mount. Quick highlight image below.
I want a flyscreen and saw the autologue one socials but couldnt check it out on the website. I want one that is not retro looking. Hopefully, somebody makes one soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
[/list]I have the same mount. I have attached it to the left side of the handlebar using one of the pairs of supplied plastic spacers, no tape. There was no difficulty in installing it with a tight fit, so I wonder why you faced an issue, unless you wanted to use a lot of tape to protect the handle bar coating.

That said, I too should move the mount to the middle so that it's front and centre, works as a good speedometer, and doesn't tilt up with the wind at 100kmph. Using a flyscreen would protect it even more.

By the way, does anyone know what is the use of the supplied rubber strip?

Coming to the saree guard, although it is superfluous, it might be useful for me to fix a single saddle bag without having to add panniers.
Yes, I wanted to add tape to protect the paint job because I wanted to tighten the mount in all the way (don't want it to loosen with vibrations). The tape is only meant for protection, nothing else.
I kept the saree guard safely, for the same reason. I don't see myself doing multiday trips yet so will install it when I need to, since it just takes 5 minutes.

Quote:
How much does it cost, and which parts of the motorcycle will be covered?

I asked our neighbourhood detailing shop about ceramic and PPF coatings, and was told that PPF coating of mainly tank and side panels, with a five year warranty, would cost Rs. 20,000. 3M ceramic coating comes with a 3-year warranty according to them, but I forgot how much he quoted

Anyway, it might have been Rs. 7,500. I need to go and check again with a person who looks to be actually in charge.
These rates are insanely high. Here, in Pune I got a quote of 5.5k for just the tank with Garware PPF (5yr warranty) or 4.5k for Garware 3yr warranty and 8.5k for Llumar with 5 yr warranty. Garware is Indian and Llumar is American. I havent decided to get it done but I checked and Garware is pretty well respected. People with some pretty expensive cars have them and are happy. The place I went to was applying it on a top end XUV700.

Can you ask them how much PPF they need, in sqft. The guy here quoted 10 sqft in two pieces because of the curvature, and Rs 550 per sqft for Garware 5yr warranty, so 5.5k.
As for ceramic, I personally dont like spending for just the shine factor so I am going to get this (Turtle Wax Spray) ceramic spray that is highly recommended and apply it when I feel like the sheen is wearing off. Otherwise I bought the regular wavex spray polish for regular cleaning.
Attached Images

Last edited by lazyrev : 20th September 2023 at 21:54. Reason: Added details about ceramic coating.
lazyrev is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 21:57   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
I havent decided to get it done but I checked and Garware is pretty well respected. People with some pretty expensive cars have them and are happy.
As someone who once worked for an R&D dept in the Garware group, they're probably the best Indians. So you should be all right, and the warranty is justified, the raw materials, processes, quality control etc. are on point.
AulusGabinius is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 22:03   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AulusGabinius View Post
As someone who once worked for an R&D dept in the Garware group, they're probably the best Indians. So you should be all right, and the warranty is justified, the raw materials, processes, quality control etc. are on point.
Amazing to hear. I dont think I heard anything even remotely doubtful about the quality from 5-6 people. They all said to go for it blindly. I think I will pull the trigger this week. The place I went to has already done PPF for 3-4 other speed 400s so they probably wont mess it up.
Old 21st September 2023, 06:20   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakli_kodbale View Post
Any further updates about the bike?
I did call the backend yeam yesterday. They said I may get call from RTO anytime this week. And once I provide the OTP it will be couple of days for delivery from then.
Old 21st September 2023, 07:59   #941
Team-BHP Support

Got this message from them yesterday. So it seems like they’ve still not gotten through their first 10,000 customers quota.

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_30ca357a7c721.jpeg
Old 21st September 2023, 09:03   #942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
So it seems like they’ve still not gotten through their first 10,000 customers quota.
This is probably linked to the production capacity rather than demand. They had production capacity of Max 5k/month initially. This capacity will take minimum 2 months to deliver the first 10k. The very first deliveries happened around 15th August if I am not wrong. We are just one month in at the moment. We still have almost a full month left.

Many people that I am seeing across social media are awaiting their Speed 400s in cities that do not have showrooms yet. Bangalore people are cancelling left right and centre because Keerthi can't keep up with the demand. I think at Kolkata (or was it Kochi?) showroom deliveries started just last week. Not everyone out there is here on TeamBHP.

Edit: I have not received this message. So I think they now know that I have already received mine.

Last edited by antz.bin : 21st September 2023 at 09:05.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 09:22   #943
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
This is probably linked to the production capacity rather than demand. They had production capacity of Max 5k/month initially. This capacity will take minimum 2 months to deliver the first 10k.
If they’re still inviting payments to catch the 2.23L pricing offer, what I’m surmising is that 10k customers haven’t yet converted their bookings to “confirmed”. So they’re still offering these slots to those who’re willing to commit at this point.

I haven’t even booked a Speed, and yet I received this message.
Old 21st September 2023, 15:14   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Details of extended warranty are given online on the Triumph India website.

Sir, Can you please provide a link of the same? I'm not able to trace the same on Triumph India Website. That would be helpful

A humble request from my side.
Old 21st September 2023, 15:20   #945
BHPian

Finally Blue Triumph is back home again after spending the day at the detailing studio.

I hope the pictures do justice to the work done by the studio. For anyone’s reference the studio is Turtle Wax Car Care Studio by Throttle, Aazadpur, Delhi

The owner Sumit is a very genuine and relaxed fella. He was gracious enough to explain to me the whole process and show me how to check for the graphene coating presence after work is finished. He took one day for the whole job. Actual process only takes a couple of hours but he kept the bike at his studio to protect the coating from dust and outside contaminants for a day and let it harden. He has recommended me to not clean the motorcycle with a cloth for 3 days.

The bike looks shiny, the surface with Graphene coating is smooth and is hydrophobic by nature.

Panels done - Tank, Side panels, Headlight, Speedometer, Mudguards, Alloy wheels. He was gracious enough to do my helmet and my rear view mirrors at no extra cost.

Cost - 12,000/-

Overall Experience- 10/10
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-822d34f0cb724b97ae7fe8af4a80ab90.jpeg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-1b837453175e4b88b7c892edc99ea882.jpeg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-f512b80cb02645e0a8a78a2f466aed86.jpeg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-fde28e0b88a84f5da40f4de435881b6b.jpeg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-1a021dc53f6e438ca61f19a69b1201c0.jpeg  

Last edited by Himanshu809 : 21st September 2023 at 15:26.
Himanshu809 is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks