Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2023, 20:10   #766
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhupesh View Post
Are there people here who have paid full amount to Keerthi Triumph and awaiting any information from them? At least from social media, I could make out that there are 20-25 of us in the same boat.
I’ve made the payment on 5th of September, they’re like you’ll get the bike on or before 20th of this month. They’re saying that it’ll take them 15 working days. Also more or less 2 days. Still haven’t received any RTO or insurance sms yet.
Old 10th September 2023, 20:24   #767

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Yes count me in that list too. I had transferred on 6th September and what they said is 2 weeks for delivery.

2 weeks seems highly unlikely. If it's Keerthi, expect at least a month of waiting.

I made full payment on the 28th of August. I had pre booked the bike and my number was 4xxx.

Got a call on the 4th of September asking me to come collect the bike on the 8th. I went on the 8th, and they said the bike has not even made it to the showroom. What's worse, they made me wait for more than an hour before giving me this information.

I called them up again yesterday, and now they said it'll be available on by 15th. I don't understand why it would take 3 weeks when the bike was pre booked ages ago.

What a joke. I should have done what the others have done and just cancelled when I had the chance. If this is the behaviour now, i can't imagine the torture I'll have to go through for servicing.

Last edited by ritwiknagappa : 10th September 2023 at 20:47.
Old 10th September 2023, 20:42   #768

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakli_kodbale View Post
I’ve made the payment on 5th of September, they’re like you’ll get the bike on or before 20th of this month. They’re saying that it’ll take them 15 working days. Also more or less 2 days. Still haven’t received any RTO or insurance sms yet.
I received my rto and insurance details within 5 days of making the full payment. As of 8th September, the details are visible on vaahan and I'm able to register my bike on the triumph app too.
ritwiknagappa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 20:44   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhupesh View Post
Are there people here who have paid full amount to Keerthi Triumph and awaiting any information from them? At least from social media, I could make out that there are 20-25 of us in the same boat.
I did my loan processing from Keerthi on 6th September. Got a call today to confirm my invoice generation for loan. I think would be dependent on the SA for communication.
Old 10th September 2023, 21:45   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailinder View Post
What is the process of cancellation? Sending an email to some account's ID and remaining hopeful for a revert from them?
Write an email to accounts1@keerthi.co.in and attach your booking receipt.
sprocket is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 22:30   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Write an email to accounts1@keerthi.co.in and attach your booking receipt.
Thanks. I have sent the email and messaged SA. I hope, at least, I will be assisted with some respect and the desired action will be taken on priority (fingers crossed).

But on the other hand, I feel so bad that I wasted a good two months. I should have gone ahead with KTM 390. By now, I would have completed some distance and completed a few rides to nearby locations. If not anything, at least I would have understood the bike in general.
shailinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 22:33   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
Is anyone here considering getting any sort of PPF or ceramic coating done on their Speed 400s? I am not too sure if it is worth it, considering my bike is parked in stilt parking most of the time.

Would love to know everyone else's thoughts on what is usually a controversial topic (paint protection).
Got the PPF done here in Delhi from Karol Bagh.

Not sure if it is of good quality film but surely it can protect tank and side panels from minor scratches, swirl marks.

Costed me 3000, this may only last a year or so however guy provided 2yr warranty,.

Have to be vigil if it start getting dull then its time for replacement. Longtime direct sun exposure can reduce PPF life drastically as I was told.
Old 10th September 2023, 23:48   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankarx2 View Post
On the way back I could not help but smile. Partly because how nice the bike felt. And partly because how people were nitpicking while giving “feedback” or “reviews”.

Like there is so much virtual ink wasted on the horn. I dont know what kind of steroid pumped horn people want. But this horn for me is just right. And the “exhaust note”. In the current era of responsible and sustainable riding, one this note is the sweetest possible note in a single cylinder 400. Physics and regulation will decide the note. Physics will also decide the heat dissipation. People who found the bike heating up and fan running may have to consider a Hero Splendour. The heat didnt trouble me at all. And fan coming up is a good thing, unless the fan life is short. My KTM 390 needed a replacement of the fan in the first year itself.

The best thing about the bike is I could ride it in 4th gear on LBS road traffic with hardly a need to shift.
Hear hear! Very well put!

The horn isn't bad, and people like the exhaust note. I guess many people want ear-splitting nuisance both in the front and the rear of the bike, so they won't be satisfied.

It's only the Indian chhapri class that wants to know how a bike sounds first and foremost, before asking how much power it has etc. That's why most of the Youtube reviews are unwatchable. Anyway, the cheap Chinese microphones they use can't pick the sound up in any case.

My wife rode pillion on the bike for the first time today, and really enjoyed the trip. We were out and about for five hours among the fields and wetlands. She found the rear seat to be comfortable and spacious. The only downside for her was that with the high rear foot pegs, she had some blood circulation / numbness issues in her legs after an hour or so of riding. She says this is because she's riding pillion after a number of years.

The engine heat wasn't bothersome except when we reached home in traffic - and that too because I wasn't wearing socks.

My bike seems to have a fueling issue at low RPM, due to which I get knocking at low speeds in 3rd and 4th gears. The bike also does not start up immediately - I have to twist the accelerator to get the fuel going. A couple of times when I stalled the bike or when I switched the engine off at a signal, it had problem starting back up, and the engine sputtered when it finally did. This is one issue that needs attention.

I also want to see if handlebar risers would allow me to take pressure off my palms. I had numbness in my right palm, especially the base of the thumb, due to all the weight it had to take as the bike decelerated frequently to handle the numerous badly designed and mostly illegal speed bumps. I don't have this problem if the bike is pulling along smoothly, allowing me to sit straighter up.

All in all, it's a great bike for short trips, making the journey quite effortless as compared to smaller bikes and scooters. It's good in the city too, but overkill for commuters.
davelok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 07:31   #774

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
I also want to see if handlebar risers would allow me to take pressure off my palms.
If you manage to find one please do post here. I enquired about it at the showroom. They couldnt help.
sankarx2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 09:48   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailinder View Post
].
But on the other hand, I feel so bad that I wasted a good two months. I should have gone ahead with KTM 390. By now, I would have completed some distance and completed a few rides to nearby locations. If not anything, at least I would have understood the bike in general.
If planning for a 390, why not wait a few more months and go for the 2024 version. A lot of good things going for it. Especially the adjustable suspension and newer seats. Also lower seat height.
sk_cheek13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 09:56   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
Hear hear! Very well put!

The horn isn't bad, and people like the exhaust note. I guess many people want ear-splitting nuisance both in the front and the rear of the bike, so they won't be satisfied.
Infact, I kind of like the exhaust note now. It has a rumble even at idle and sounds good once you rev up. Of course you cannot expect a multi-cylinder type of note but for a single this is good. it does not attract the TikTok gang and I am actually loving it.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 10:34   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
it does not attract the TikTok gang and I am actually loving it.
Its a feature
Old 11th September 2023, 10:57   #778
BHPian

So I finally got the chance to go to BUB Triumph, Pune and test out the Speed 400. Just a few points of note:

1. This is not the bike for me at 6'2" with especially long legs. It's got slightly less room than our FZ-25, and I can feel the strain of folding myself on the bike.
2. The engine is sweeeeet. The cooling fan did come on (it was a hot afternoon) and yes, minor heat on my legs, but nothing annoying. I was able to take a U-turn in 3rd, and the bike pulled all the way from 20 to 80 in 3rd and 4th.
3. The exhaust note might sound uninspiring in comparison to an RE, but to me that just says refinement. This bike is a gentleman; it's not for showing off. That said, the downshift produces some beautiful baritone notes, you can make it crackle and snort when you twist the throttle rapidly.
4. The acceleration is just as punchy as you'd like it to be. Spin it up to 3K and it gives a nice burst of acceleration, just like a big single should.
5. Refinement is such that my father thought it was a twin! I could feel the vibes in my feet at 5K+ rpm, but they're the sort that tells me the engine is raring to be let go, not the ones that tell you it wants to give up.

Overall, with a similar set-up, higher ride height and minor off-road/ good bad road capability, the Scrambler 400x will mostly be taking my money in January. The SA said it will mostly be launched after the 15th of October.
AulusGabinius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 11:11   #779
BHPian

I went to Keerthi, Bangalore this Saturday for a test ride. I was surprised that there was no crowd waiting for test ride. Was asked for the mobile number, DL and was immediately given the test bike.

Took a ride around the busy roads nearby. As many reviews in this thread and other media have said earlier, this has a wonderful engine and the best looks in the segment.

Few reasons why I did not find it suiting me:
1. Bike felt a bit small for my build.
2. I was not comfortable with the foot peg position. I like the position in CB350, Classic and X440. Coming from many years with a Unicorn, I am so much used to this position that I don't feel at ease with others.
3. After the test ride, I found myself being more comfortable with a long stroke engine characteristics. It became evident as I took the X440 test ride immediately after this.

Maybe this would have been the bike I wanted 10 years back.

Also the engine was very hot. Understandable considering the engine and the usage on the day. I think this is the reason why Triumph was pushing for Jeans and Shoes as mandatory for test ride.

I will be canceling the booking now. Hoping that Keerthi responds and I won't have to fight a battle to get my booking amount back.

Congratulations to all the new owners!!
gearless is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 11:59   #780
BHPian

I bought a Speed twin 900 on 18th August. During my delivery process in pune, they received hundreds of enquiries of the 400. I was amazed to see the response. The bulk delivery process started 2 weeks back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks