Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2023, 22:42   #691
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Visited Keerthi Triumph again today for my second test ride. There was hardly anyone so was able to take it for a longer ride. Helped me judge the bike and also arrive at my decision. I have cancelled my bookings for both Speed 400 and Scrambler 400X.

Speed 400 is an excellent bike but I was not very comfortable with the slightly committed riding position. Plus I test drove HD 440X right after this and that bike suited me to the T. Good luck for others waiting for their bikes. I saw many making full payment while I was there.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th September 2023 at 08:06. Reason: Please capitalise text where needed. Thank you.
naveenvenkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 00:05   #692

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post

Plus i test drove HD 440X right after this and that bike suited me to the T. Good luck for others waiting for their bikes. I saw many making full payment while i was there.
Where did you test ride the HD 440X??? I was told that the test rides don't begin until the 10th of September or something, so how did you get one?

Mod's Note: Please quote only the minimum portion of the OP that is needed to set the context.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th September 2023 at 08:06.
Old 5th September 2023, 07:55   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikingNewbie23 View Post
Where did you test ride the HD 440X??? I was told that the test rides don't begin until the 10th of September or something, so how did you get one ?

Mod's Note: Please quote only the minimum portion of the OP that is needed to set the context.
I just walked into Tuskar Harley and requested for a test ride. They are scheduling test rides based on the bookings but since I was in the vicinity and have a booking, I could get one as an exception.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th September 2023 at 08:05. Reason: Please use caps where needed. Thank you.
naveenvenkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 12:36   #694
BHPian

27-Aug-2023 : Completed the full payment to Keerthi Triumph.

31-Aug-2023 : Mentioned to them will choose insurance outside.

02-Sep-2023 : Got call from Keerthi to choose insurance from dealer (IFFCO TOKIO), Zero Dep

No update on Registration; Delivery; Executive(Vignesh) not picking the call. Looks like Keerthi Triumph is really Overwhelmed with response.
Old 5th September 2023, 13:03   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
27-Aug-2023 : Completed the full payment to Keerthi Triumph.

31-Aug-2023 : Mentioned to them will choose insurance outside.

02-Sep-2023 : Got call from Keerthi to choose insurance from dealer (IFFCO TOKIO), Zero Dep

No update on Registration; Delivery; Executive(Vignesh) not picking the call. Looks like Keerthi Triumph is really Overwhelmed with response.

Oh my god, I’m on the way to Keerthi to make the full payment. They were like you’ll get the vehicle within 15 days after full payment. Looks like this isn’t the case.
Old 5th September 2023, 13:08   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by febin8055 View Post
I just called khivraj and spoke to their manager. I told them how bad Keerthi is and my preference is khivraj. I got a call from triumph in two days to confirm on the transfer of dealership.
When can you expect the bike to be delivered if it’s from Khivraj ? Keerthi is like you’ll get the bike within 2 weeks of full payment.
Old 5th September 2023, 14:20   #697

Visited Khiviraj Triumph (Electronic City) yesterday to test the Speed400.

Updates on the Triumph Bengaluru Showrooms:

Khiviraj Triumph Electronic city
Status: Showroom opened 2 weeks ago, service center also being set up and it would take another 2 weeks. They have a lot of Speed400s, all colours and test ride bikes also available. SA was kind enough to provide a TD even though it was almost closing hours. Almost no waiting for TD if you visit at the right time of the day.

Khiviraj Triumph Whitefield
Status: Showroom fully set up. They provides TDs. Not much waiting for TD.

Keerthi Triumph
Status: This tread will give you all the updates. I've nothing more to say.

Keerthi Triumph JP Nagar
Status: Keethi is setting up yet another showroom in Bengaluru. Just the initial phase.

Khiviraj Triumph Jaynagar/Basvangudi
Status: Heard from the SA that they are looking forward to set up another showroom in Bengaluru around Jaynagar/Yediyur lake side.

Also, enquired about switching the dealership within the same city (Because its not possible across different cities, as I read in the posts earlier): SA at Khiviraj told me that I could simply send an email to Triumph requesting them for a change of dealership from the dealer with whom I've booked the bike. The booking number and the waiting period that I've undergone would continue at the new dealership it seems. And of-course the request should be sent before the allocation of the bike to the booking ID.

Now for the bike itself - My observation of the bike from the short Test ride:
- Its not heavy, feel narrow between the legs
- It can ride like a KTM Duke if you want it to.
- Its a smaller bike compared to Honda CB350 hness/rs, also lacks the thump (Sound only, ofcourse we do not want the vibrations from the RE) from the Honda.
- Good part was that I was able to cruise at 30kmph in higher gears in traffic.
- Once you sit on the bike, it feel good! Feel premium.
- Sitting posture is also comfortable (P.S: I have ridden a pulsar 200 2008 for more than 13years, so the riding triangle of Triumph Speed400 was ok for me!)
- Quality of the bike is excellent
- Making a u-turn also was easy

Hopefully will take another Test ride soon.

FYI : I have booked the bike back in July at Keerthi Triumph. I've never visited the showroom nor have I got a call from them. Just assessing by reading all your posts on this forum. Thanks for the same! This is my bit to contribute as well. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_20230904_182834.jpg  

chaitanyaa is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 14:23   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakli_kodbale View Post
When can you expect the bike to be delivered if it’s from Khivraj ? Keerthi is like you’ll get the bike within 2 weeks of full payment.
I haven’t got any updates so far. When I went for test ride I was told I will get a call back from khivraj. So far nothing.
Old 5th September 2023, 14:46   #699

Got a call from Khivraj Triumph chennai last week with a template WA message to make the payment. Got a call subsequently for a 100% payment and was told PDI is not an option prior to payment. They gave a commitment that if there are issues at the time of delivery, it would be sorted out.

Got a call again today. Khivraj can only do registration in chennai. They asked me to take a temp registration chennai and get the permanent one on my own in my home town. Upon emphasizing that its not an option and the charges have been paid, they have come back with a proposal that I need to do a temp registration in chennai followed by registration in my home town and this would incur some additional registration charges (approx 3250/ Rs). Not much but want to make sure that they are not trying to pull a fast one on me. Any idea if this is how the process is?

Added : (Out of 3250/- Rs , 850 is the temp registration charge and 2400 is the processing fee paid to RTO)

TIA.
Raj B

Last edited by rajbas : 5th September 2023 at 15:07.
Old 5th September 2023, 14:58   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajbas View Post
Any idea if this is how the process is?

TIA.
Raj B
I think what dealer mentioned is the only option available
TopSpeeder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 15:53   #701
BHPian

The price list for official Triumph Speed 400 accessories is out. I got a message on Whatsapp from Riya Autotech Ahmedabad with a PDF containing various 'kits' (packages) they have put together. The stock isn't in yet, so we have to wait a bit more.

I was a bit disappointed that the sump guard is priced at Rs. 4,650. I hope they launch knuckle guards and a larger windscreen eventually.

Last edited by davelok : 5th September 2023 at 15:57.
Old 5th September 2023, 16:01   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
The prices mentioned therein might be dealer prices, so I recommend checking with your dealer what they're going to charge you. I was a bit disappointed that the sump guard is priced at Rs. 4,650..
This price list is available of Triumph India's website and it's the same price. There are a few items for which it's mentioned POA (Price on Application) and you'd have to check with your dealer for those prices. One such add-on is the twin exhaust.
vishaljawahar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 17:04   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyaa View Post
Also, enquired about switching the dealership within the same city (Because its not possible across different cities, as I read in the posts earlier): SA at Khiviraj told me that I could simply send an email to Triumph requesting them for a change of dealership from the dealer with whom I've booked the bike. The booking number and the waiting period that I've undergone would continue at the new dealership it seems. And of-course the request should be sent before the allocation of the bike to the booking ID.
This is great to know for many of us who dread the Keerthi experience! I booked the Scrambler 400X within the first 10,000 which was before we even know that Khivraj was coming and I have been thinking I’ll gladly even give up that initial discount and re-book for the peace of mine of Khivraj. If one can switch, that’s excellent news! Will wait and follow. Tfs
RT13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 21:34   #704
BHPian

New (old) comparo dropped.
Old 5th September 2023, 22:06   #705
BHPian

For those of us waiting for an update on Scrambler 400X, is there any news about price announcement? Will there be any wait-and-watch game from Bajaj to understand how RE will be pricing Himalayan 450?

Most Viewed