Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2023, 15:42   #676

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Some people who took the test ride have mentioned about the ineffective horn on the S400. Is there a way to change to a louder horn without voiding the warranty?
Old 3rd September 2023, 16:20   #677
BHPian

Finally got a slightly longer TD after following up for 4 weeks. Have to agree, Keerthi Triumph kept their word. Went riding for 30 mins. Unfortunately, I am now fully demotivated to buy this bike.

Cooling: The fan was going on all the time and I initially I tried to cool it down by doing circles around Kanteerva at 50kmph, but it did not help.

City Speed Tractability: I felt the bike is happy accelerating but not as comfortable trudging around in higher gears. I know this is quite contrary to online reviews.

Also checked out the Classic 350 (this can trudge along ), the Interceptor bike was not well maintained so it was just okay and also the Super Meteor - this was quite nice although took me a little while to figure out the gearing; im sure it will be fun on the highway.

Next stop is Honda 350 RS and comparo with the newly launched Bullet.
sprocket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 16:51   #678

Quote:
Originally Posted by febin8055 View Post
Yes, I booked with the introductory pricing. I will get the delivery at launch price if I pay before September 15 as per the msg from triumph. May be you can reach out to triumph for further details

Email: customer.care@triumphmotorcycles.in
WhatsApp: +91 70288 89751 (I am getting the communications from this number)

How did you transfer your booking to another dealer? I was told multiple times that it's not possible. Would like to know more about this.
Old 3rd September 2023, 18:07   #679

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskanp View Post
Some people who took the test ride have mentioned about the ineffective horn on the S400. Is there a way to change to a louder horn without voiding the warranty?
I was told that you can change it but don't cut the wires. Use the same clips to connect the new horn and warranty won't be void.
Old 3rd September 2023, 20:43   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikingNewbie23 View Post
How did you transfer your booking to another dealer? I was told multiple times that it's not possible. Would like to know more about this.
I just called khivraj and spoke to their manager. I told them how bad Keerthi is and my preference is khivraj. I got a call from triumph in two days to confirm on the transfer of dealership.
febin8055 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 20:45   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshVRider View Post
I was told that you can change it but don't cut the wires. Use the same clips to connect the new horn and warranty won't be void.
If you are using a higher wattage horn it’s not recommended to plug it directly. Use a relay and get the power from battery.
febin8055 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 21:11   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by febin8055 View Post
Email: customer.care@triumphmotorcycles.in
WhatsApp: +91 70288 89751 (I am getting the communications from this number)
Wonderful!!!

I am also looking forward to the transfer and sent an email. Let's hope for the best.
shailinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 22:00   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailinder View Post
Wonderful!!!

I am also looking forward to the transfer and sent an email. Let's hope for the best.
Please let me know how it works out. Even I tried the same through a SA I know in Khivraj. But he said it can be done only if we are part of a list sent by Triumph for transfer from Keerthi to Khivraj.

I also visited Keerthi this weekend. It was more like a Triumph godown than a showroom.
sk_cheek13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 23:24   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk_cheek13 View Post
Please let me know how it works out. Even I tried the same through a SA I know in Khivraj. But he said it can be done only if we are part of a list sent by Triumph for transfer from Keerthi to Khivraj.

I also visited Keerthi this weekend. It was more like a Triumph godown than a showroom.
Isn't it brand new? I mean, it is impressive that they even have a building within 1-2 months of this bike launching and being available for test rides.
Old 3rd September 2023, 23:47   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
Isn't it brand new? I mean, it is impressive that they even have a building within 1-2 months of this bike launching and being available for test rides.
Keerthi has been around for a while now in Bangalore. Khivraj is the new one.
Old 4th September 2023, 10:29   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
It was a dramatic final day and it was a final showdown between the Speed and the new Duke but then it finally came down to the shape of the seat that became the clincher. If you have a small child, you will understand why a single continuous seat of the Speed is better than the split seats on the Duke. That ended up as the deciding factor in favour of the Speed 400.
I really could relate to your comment, we went back to the showroom yesterday just to check if the 3(me, wife and kiddo) of us would fit on the bike.

Not that we take the bike out when all 3 want to go, but in case of emergencies when we had take the kid to the hospital, the traffic conditions in Chennai showed absolutely 0 consideration.

The 3 of us had ample space with the little guy at the front, I was worried that we wouldn't fit considering that except for my kid we both take up plenty of space. There was still a tiny bit of space for the 3 of us to adjust as well.
al90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 11:36   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
Khivraj in Whitefield is the new one. I was telling about Keerthi which was the only Triumph showroom in Bangalore. Hope they work on their logistics soon. But the SA there was very helpful and kind. Not even a decent place to sit and discuss anything. Had to speak and get all details just standing.
Old 4th September 2023, 18:29   #688
BHPian

One Triumph organized breakfast ride for Delhi/NCR Speed 400 owners, more than 15 motorcycles were there.

Lively interaction among owners and Triumph staff was the highlight.

Triumph staff explained the capacity development done by Bajaj and most importantly transition these guys are going through due to exponential increase in volumes, for instance this particular dealership were selling not more than 10 units in a month before August and now delivering 10-15 units per day.

No major niggles reported by any Rider, some reported fuel gauge/DTE related errors.

Overall very well organized ride by One Triumph, Naraina.

Video link of the ride posted by One Triumph on their Instagram handle. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwweE...c4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_20230903_081137.jpg  

Last edited by Striker_wheels : 4th September 2023 at 18:31.
Striker_wheels is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 21:43   #689
BHPian

Made the full payment for the bike today, with confirmation of the chassis number (I only wanted this to make sure they arent taking money in exchange for a bike that didnt exist yet). Should get delivery coming Sunday, hopefully.

The showroom was teaming with activity, even though it was closing time on a Monday. They had a lot of bikes in stock and were trying hard to keep up with the deliveries, prospective buyers and folks like me waiting for their turn.
lazyrev is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 22:37   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker_wheels View Post
One Triumph organized breakfast ride for Delhi/NCR Speed 400 owners, more than 15 motorcycles were there.

Lively interaction among owners and Triumph staff was the highlight.

Triumph staff explained the capacity development done by Bajaj and most importantly transition these guys are going through due to exponential increase in volumes, for instance this particular dealership were selling not more than 10 units in a month before August and now delivering 10-15 units per day.

No major niggles reported by any Rider, some reported fuel gauge/DTE related errors.

Overall very well organized ride by One Triumph, Naraina.

Video link of the ride posted by One Triumph on their Instagram handle. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwweE...c4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
Great to see One Triumph organizing these rides.
Got my Speed 400 delivered on the same day. The showroom was jam packed with walk-ins and scheduled deliveries. I was 5th in the queue and they had total of 10 scheduled deliveries.
Hope to be part of next breakfast or any other planned ride. Till then be safe an happy riding!
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_20230903_125447.jpg  

IshWish is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks