Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2023, 23:04   #646
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VividSiv View Post
Today test driven the Speed 400 from Triumph Whitefield and felt that this bike is not for me. Being a RE Thunder bird owner the riding position on this bike is so different for me and I cant take it. Thinking of cancelling my booking and go for Honda H'Ness instead.
If you are an existing RE customer, why not look at any of the 650s or the upcoming Himalayan 450?

I don’t like RE personally but if you are comfortable with RE, the 650s/Himalayan 450 are pretty decent bikes.
Himanshu809 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 07:34   #647
BHPian

Has anyone been able to add the bike to the My Triumph app?

There are three ways to add the bike: firstly, by using Bluetooth to find the bike, which can't be done as the Speed 400 doesn't have Bluetooth; secondly by using the VIN (chassis number); or lastly manually.

I am unable to add the bike on the app as it says my VIN is invalid. Manual addition is not possible as Triumph doesn't include itself in the drop down list.

The Triumph India website points you to the My Triumph app. However on the Playstore we also find a Bajaj Triumph app, which finds your bike and provides the user manual. However it doesn't have the navigation features of the My Triumph app.
davelok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 09:00   #648
BHPian

Now they try to force payments without letting us take a test ride longer than 10 minutes.
Attached Images

sprocket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 09:04   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikingNewbie23 View Post
I don't think they will do it. Did not work for me in spite of repeated calls, tweets etc. The customer service even stopped picking up my calls.
Yea, seems so. Yesterday I raised this query on the Triumph India website. And in an hour I got a call from Keerthi. The lady told me that whoever had moved to Khivraj had cancelled their booking and rebooked.
kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 10:04   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Now they try to force payments without letting us take a test ride longer than 10 minutes.
Ok, I am genuinely curious. Do showrooms actually give bikes for test rides longer than the 5-8km distance around the area?

I took test rides at KTM, RE and Honda BigWing and to be honest, the Triumph one was the best. KTM straight up said they dont have duke or RC 390 to test ride and they literally only bring the bike if somebody pays for it. I had to try and ADVX 390 and the SA said "saar they are all same. Only position different".

RE had Hunters but their showrooms are usually in busy commercial hubs, from what I have seen. Honda BigWing was similar. They also just let me take the CB350 for a short spin around the busy commercial area. None of them were even considering long test rides because they said the demand is high and they have limited TR bikes. I think triumph was the only one with 3-5 TR bikes. The rest had 1 each only.

Curious about how easy it was for you to get long test rides where you are.
Old 2nd September 2023, 11:00   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

I also got the below from Triumph. Looks like there is an opportunity for folks who booked later or are going to book also to get the early bird discount. Although does not seem to be an option for any transperancy around it. Will have to rely on the dealer or Triumph to confirm if one is under the 10,000 number and eligible to get the launch price. Should be worth asking for folks who booked without the initial 10k discount.

Quote:
We hope you have contacted the dealer to take delivery of your Triumph Speed 400. Booking ID -

We are delighted to inform you that our production is ramping fast. Please complete your full payment formalities by 15th September 2023 to ensure the inaugural discount of Rs. 10,000 and delivery on priority. Test ride bikes are available for you to check out.

Post 15th September 2023, the inaugural discount would be opened up to the first 10,000 customers on first come basis. Delivery would therefore be made as per prevailing price.

Look forward to seeing you at our dealership.

Please ignore if you have completed your full payment formalities for your Triumph Speed 400.

Regards,
Triumph. For the ride.
Old 2nd September 2023, 12:06   #652
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I might go for a PDI (read inspection) today/tomorrow. What are all the things I MUST consider about the bike?

Things which are must and things just good to have. I doubt they will allow me to ride it, and I will probably be able to start the engine at max (maybe not). I understand the forum has an extensive PDI list, but I am referring specifically to Triumph Speed 400.

Any advice will be a great help.

NOTE: I will surely request them for Apollo H1s if mine does not have them. What else?

By the way, how is the feedback on new MRFs?

Last edited by shailinder : 2nd September 2023 at 12:07.
Old 2nd September 2023, 12:11   #653

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailinder View Post
Hi Friends,

I might go for a PDI (read inspection) today/tomorrow. What are all the things I MUST consider about the bike?

Things which are must and things just good to have. I doubt they will allow me to ride it, and I will probably be able to start the engine at max (maybe not). I understand the forum has an extensive PDI list, but I am referring specifically to Triumph Speed 400.

Any advice will be a great help.

NOTE: I will surely request them for Apollo H1s if mine does not have them. What else?

By the way, how is the feedback on new MRFs?
I got MRFs on my Speed 400. And it performs very nicely. Excellent grip during u bends on the ghats. The dealership told me that both the tyres have the same performance and Triumph has tested both extensively and came to a conclusion to use either brand. When I took delivery there were 5 more bikes with MRFs and 7 bikes with Apollos. I believe MRFs have more cuts on the edges for water dispersion I think when compared to Apollo.
JoshVRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 13:47   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
Has anyone been able to add the bike to the My Triumph app?

There are three ways to add the bike: firstly, by using Bluetooth to find the bike, which can't be done as the Speed 400 doesn't have Bluetooth; secondly by using the VIN (chassis number); or lastly manually.

I am unable to add the bike on the app as it says my VIN is invalid. Manual addition is not possible as Triumph doesn't include itself in the drop down list.

The Triumph India website points you to the My Triumph app. However on the Playstore we also find a Bajaj Triumph app, which finds your bike and provides the user manual. However it doesn't have the navigation features of the My Triumph app.
I could add my bike using the VIN number. It also shows me 31 days left for first service and 2 service coupons.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 13:50   #655
BHPian

For all Whitefield folks :Khivraj is opening up a service centre in Mahadevpura. It's located on the road next to Nandana palace,opposite to Decathlon. It should be open in a couple of months.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_7014.jpeg  

kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 15:47   #656
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

To everyone who is eagerly awaiting their Speed 400 delivery. Here is my timeline:

25th (Friday) evening, I made the full payment
26th (Saturday) morning, I received a call from BUB for confirmation of all details for registration.

Then there was a couple of days of radio silence.

30th (Wednesday) I received a call from registration dept. for some additional documentation.

1st Sept (Friday), i.e. yesterday morning, I received the SMS from Insurance company. In the evening I received a call again from registration dept. for some OTPs for completing the online registration process.

2nd Sept (Saturday), i.e. today morning, I received the SMS from RTO with my registration number.

The RC is not yet downloadable on Digilocker. This was faster last time around when I got my car in 2019.

Delivery is expected on Tuesday. Delay probably for HSRP. Thankfully, that is the only day this week when there is no rain forecast in Pune .

All in all, if you have opted for insurance from showroom, the insurance SMS is your cue that the wheels are in motion.
antz.bin is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 16:27   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I could add my bike using the VIN number. It also shows me 31 days left for first service and 2 service coupons.
I think you tried the Triumph India app (by Bajaj Triumph) , which works for me too.

I was asking about the My Triumph app, which has a navigation / trip feature. Anyway, the Triumph India app contains information about the Speed 400, which is good enough.
davelok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 17:24   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
I think you tried the Triumph India app (by Bajaj Triumph) , which works for me too.

I was asking about the My Triumph app, which has a navigation / trip feature. Anyway, the Triumph India app contains information about the Speed 400, which is good enough.
Your are right, its Triumph India app. Will check the My Triumph app today.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 18:05   #659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
If you are an existing RE customer, why not look at any of the 650s or the upcoming Himalayan 450?

I don’t like RE personally but if you are comfortable with RE, the 650s/Himalayan 450 are pretty decent bikes.
Thank you. I am planning for Honda Highness DLX pro. called Tusker Harley Bangalore for X440 test drive and they informed me that it will take another 10 days for the bike to arrive for test drive.

Concerned about a newly developed engine from scratch and first long stroke engine from hero. Don't want to be a beta tester. So for now decided on highness but if test drive x440 arrives faster will give it a try also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Why not Harley X440? It has similar seating position as Thunderbird.

Honda is expected to come up with a new 350cc motorcycle by the end of this year, as per their own statement. Maybe you can wait for that too.
Thank you. It seems it will be a cruiser on CB350 platform. I quite like the Honda highness and seating position. Its more refined after OBD2 update looks like.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 2nd September 2023 at 18:26. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quote multiple posts.
Old 2nd September 2023, 18:53   #660

Can anyone confirm if Speed 400 is comfortable for pillion rider. I wanted to upgrade to the upcoming Himalayan from my current Thunderbird 500. But Speed 400 has grabbed my attention, built quality, engine everything is looking good. Except the seat length which I feel looks short for riding with pillion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks