Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2023, 23:24   #616
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
Also I find it a bit weird that he told me he will get me the bike within 1 week after payment despite saying that stocks are available. Why the one week delay if the stock is there and I’ve paid?
Congratulations Himanshu!!!

Well, one reason could be that without a valid licence plate (HS), you cannot take your vehicle out on the roads. Which might take up to a week.

As far as accessories are concerned, nothing is available off the shelf. However, one would get bar-end mirrors, plastic bash plate, radiator and engine guards along with the bike.

Cheers!!!
shailinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 08:02   #617
BHPian

The HSRP and RC process has changed in Delhi. The Dealer is authorised to print RC at their office after Registration is approved and HS number is generated. I know this because I took delivery of my car 2 days ago and the complete process happened in under 24 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailinder View Post
Congratulations Himanshu!!!

Well, one reason could be that without a valid licence plate (HS), you cannot take your vehicle out on the roads. Which might take up to a week.
setuniket is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 09:06   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys...
.. and any shady dealer practices that I should be on a lookout for ...
Especially with OT Delhi/gurgaon, be careful that WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). They have been infamous for taking money and not doing their part for registration and letting the bikes go on their temporary number which is actually illegal.

If they have your bike in stock, you should be able to see it. Without seeing you are paying for a virtual bike.

Pay the booking amount and some more but have the chassis number written on the booking receipt. Then pay rest once you see the bike. They should be able to get the RTO temp certificate within an hour. This even if you get insurance from outside; just provide them insurance copy and an hour should be enough to get you the temp number & receipt which is valid for few months before they apply for HSRP & RC.

OT Naraina followed the above for delivery of my Tiger 850 in April and the trustable Suzuki & Honda dealers also did exactly same when I bought their products.
wangdu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 09:32   #619
BHPian

Does anyone know what the regulations are in Gujarat? The dealer has affixed just a small sticker with the temporary number on the mudguards. HSRP can take up to ten days according to them.
Old 31st August 2023, 10:55   #620
Senior - BHPian

After using the bike for around 150KMs now and most of the times in dense traffic, the FE has settled around 26kmpl. The fuel indicator suggests that I have burned a little around half the tank. Once I fill in petrol, I would come to know the exact FE. I am not too bothered abt it as I am not going to daily it to office nor going to clock lot of miles every month

Another observation apart from not so good handlebar experience in dense traffic is the footpegs. Though they fold very easily to allow movement of legs while on ground, they are bothersome in stop-go traffic. I know I am nitpicking but I just want to be frank about my experience and share it with others here

One thing is for sure, I now love going to office on a 2 wheeler after ages !!
neoonwheels is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 10:55   #621
BHPian

There's this buzz going on about Speed 400 registration RC books missing out on the Triumph brand name. Now, this could be the respective RTOs not keeping up to date information, but it would be good to confirm if this is happening. Can any Speed 400 owners from Mumbai/rest of Maharashtra confirm if this is true?

anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 10:57   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
There's this buzz going on about Speed 400 registration RC books missing out on the Triumph brand name. Now, this could be the respective RTOs not keeping up to date information, but it would be good to confirm if this is happening. Can any Speed 400 owners from Mumbai/rest of Maharashtra confirm if this is true?
Yes it is. Mine has Bajaj as manufacturer.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 11:01   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Yes it is. Mine has Bajaj as manufacturer.
Thank you. And is there no mention of the Triumph brand name in your bike's RC book?
Old 31st August 2023, 11:13   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Another observation apart from not so good handlebar experience in dense traffic is the footpegs. Though they fold very easily to allow movement of legs while on ground, they are bothersome in stop-go traffic. I know I am nitpicking but I just want to be frank about my experience and share it with others here

One thing is for sure, I now love going to office on a 2 wheeler after ages !!
I switched to a car for commuting two decades ago. Did use two-wheelers off and on for a while, but I haven't actually rode even our old Activa more than a few times in the last many years.

So riding the Speed 400 in festival traffic in Ahmedabad last evening was a bit of a strain on the palms after a while. I believe this was mainly due to the pressure from the bike decelerating in low gears in traffic, and the constant gear shifts I was made to prevent lugging / knocking. I need to find that grip exerciser. I didn't face a problem with the footpegs, or none that I noticed, even with a pillion rider.

I did miss the air conditioning and protection from noise and fumes that my car affords, though.

Oh, and by the way, only a few people noticed my shiny new red bike. Even my young nephew, who had been pestering his dad for a Royal Enfield didn't know anything about Triumph.

One star docked.
davelok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 14:35   #625

I feeling like this Triumph Speed 400 in some way resembles first generation Bajaj(Definitely Male) Pulsar with mono-shocks avatar.
Old 31st August 2023, 18:36   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys. I hope everyone is having a good time. Congratulations to everyone who chose Triumph Speed 400 as their new ride. I’d like to believe you guys made a good choice (since I’ve made the same one )

I have a booking at One Triumph, Naraina. Just talked to the Sales Associate there and apparently I can have my bike (the blue one) when I pay a minimum of 2.23 for it beforehand. I asked for PDI before payment and he was ok with that. When I asked about the handling charges he sheepishly said sir it’s for loading and unloading and other handling charges and is standard industry practice (couldn’t tell me why it’s so despite a court order calling it illegal). Also I find it a bit weird that he told me he will get me the bike within 1 week after payment despite saying that stocks are available. Why the one week delay if the stock is there and I’ve paid?

Just wanted to ask the more experienced members here what to look for while getting a new motorcycle other than standard PDI. And wanted to know from other Delhi peeps their experience and any shady dealer practices that I should be on a lookout for; also kindly suggest what accessories should I get for eg. engine bashplate, radiator guard etc. My usage will be 80% city joyrides and 20% minor highway excursions. No off roading as that’s not what the bike is meant for and it isn’t something I’m interested in.

Looking forward to smart suggestions from the community. Thanks in advance. Happy riding.
Received my motorcycle from One Triumph last Sunday exactly after 6 days of making full payment post PDI.

Right after PDI they indicated alloted chassis and engine number with my booking papers and committed delivery by Wednesday however delivery could only happened on sunday due to some billing software glitch at showroom, they could not send papers to RTO ( for DL 9 rto, One Triumph has online facility), I opted for choice number from DL6 RTO.

Apart from general PDI, you can check for Tyre option, in my case all bikes were wearing Apollo H1.

Overall satisfactory experience with One Triumph.

Happy riding !
Striker_wheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 23:21   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker_wheels View Post
Received my motorcycle from One Triumph last Sunday exactly after 6 days of making full payment post PDI.

Apart from general PDI, you can check for Tyre option, in my case all bikes were wearing Apollo H1.

Overall satisfactory experience with One Triumph.

Happy riding !

Congratulations. How’s the ride? I’ve taken the test drive and I liked it enough I guess. A bit small for my 6’0” frame but I like small flicky bikes. I had an OG white Apache RTR 180 which I loved a lot for its precision and speed. And since I’m getting back to motorcyling after my school days I wanted something I have the confidence to control easily. Plus I like it’s neo retro looks done right. I won’t be doing a lot of highway riding so wind blast is not relevant.

I talked to the SA at One Triumph. There is supposed to be another lot of fresh bikes next week and he will let me know if there’s a blue one in that lot. Will get the loan done till then.

I have the option of a Delhi registration or a Gurgaon registration. Monetary difference is only 1200/- something. Any downside to a Gurgaon number plate? I don’t see any.

Is there any difference in loan interest rate if I get it in my wife’s name?

Did you get any accessories? Let me know your opinion about the bike if you feel like. Thanks.

Safe riding.
Old 31st August 2023, 23:53   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=0cLZfT4xUGo
Can any delhi peeps confirm this? It doesn’t change the bike but for some reason it doesn’t feel good that Triumph isn’t mentioned on the RC at all.
Old 1st September 2023, 00:15   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. How’s the ride? I’ve taken the test drive and I liked it enough I guess. A bit small for my 6’0” frame but I like small flicky bikes. I had an OG white Apache RTR 180 which I loved a lot for its precision and speed.
Was riding Apache 160 2008 model before I upgraded to Speed 400. Speed is very much flickable however getting used to wide handle bar and bar end mirrors will take sometime.

Quote:
I talked to the SA at One Triumph. There is supposed to be another lot of fresh bikes next week and he will let me know if there’s a blue one in that lot. Will get the loan done till then.
Last Sunday whole new lot was unloaded from the truck, if I remember correctly, all were red in color.

Quote:
have the option of a Delhi registration or a Gurgaon registration. Monetary difference is only 1200/- something. Any downside to a Gurgaon number plate? I don’t see any.

Is there any difference in loan interest rate if I get it in my wife’s name?
No idea on above points.

Quote:
Did you get any accessories? Let me know your opinion about the bike if you feel like. Thanks.

Safe riding.
Accessories are not available yet, they just had one display motorcycle with selected accessories Installed. They are expecting accessories to reach dealership by end of September.

Completed 200kms till now, mostly used it for office commute within city. Must say, its a fun to ride motorcycle, those brief power bursts makes me go "Wohooo" inside the helmet.

Engine heating is definitely there perhaps I feel it more as I come from 160cc air cooled engine which does not heat that much (relatively).

Observed fuel gauge and distance to empty value error. It is not accurate, like today DTE shows 570kms while petrol tank is half full. Fuel gauge shows 1 bar(block) less while I tanked up to the brim.
Striker_wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 00:21   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Can any delhi peeps confirm this? It doesn’t change the bike but for some reason it doesn’t feel good that Triumph isn’t mentioned on the RC at all.
RTO registration receipt issued by Delhi rto mentioned makers name as Bajaj. I don't think this is an issue, RC data simply records manufacturer/makers name which is Bajaj in this case.
I don't know if KTM's RC also has Bajaj mentioned.
Striker_wheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks