Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2023, 18:10   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskanp View Post
You seem right, but just wondering the effect of offset fork of the 400X and it's effect on city ride and on the highways. Also wondering the 7-8 kgs weight increase in the 400X, where that weight gain has taken place. For a 6'1" it is worthwhile to wait for the X variant I feel. But everything will depend on the pricing of X.
Yes for anyone above 6 feet, I guess its scrambler. Also riding position looks relaxed in scrambler.

Weight - It has longer wheelbase, so bike is not just bigger in height but also length, 19 inch wheel vs 17 inch, longer suspension reach.

Old 29th August 2023, 19:17   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
If anyone has pics of kit delivered with bike would be helpful.
Following are provided with the motorcycle during the delivery.
1. Rear shocker adjuster tool
2. Spare key with lock set.
3. Vehicle delivery document (contains general tips/maintenance schedule)
4. Medical kit and tools(a spanner and Allen key) below the seat.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_20230829_191251.jpg  

Striker_wheels is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 20:52   #603
BHPian

They didn't tell me about the rear suspension adjustment tool or the first aid kit, though they did explain in detail how they are providing the two locks for accessories, and why the second key with immobiliser has been kept at the other end of the motorcycle.

Bajaj - Triumph seem to be going all out to woo the Indian customer. I guess for the younger lot among us, a Triumph Speed Twin or Triple wouldn't be too unimaginable a future upgrade.
davelok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 23:08   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
I guess for the younger lot among us, a Triumph Speed Twin or Triple wouldn't be too unimaginable a future upgrade.
I bet Triumph is betting on this. But it is not fiscally out of our reach today. If you are willing to shell out >20k as an EMI for 5 years, speed twin is within your reach.

It is more a mental thing!

Regards
Bharath
Old 30th August 2023, 10:12   #605
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally saw the 400, was keeping pace with it in traffic on the way back home in morning traffic. Looks very unassuming, which works great for me, (I don't want an all-orange bike!), very classy. Decent growl, even over the sound of traffic, but not overwhelming, even the EV 'whine' sounds very irritating and god thankfully not like the 'please look at me thump silencers/slip-ons' that are the bane of residential areas!

The rider was going on working the gears, so I guess gear ratios will keep one a bit busy in city traffic conditions. But he seemed to have no issues maneuvering through traffic and through narrow by-lanes, as easily as the rest of us on our commuter bikes.

All in all, looks like a very sorted bike, will certainly go for a test-ride.

Last edited by am1m : 30th August 2023 at 10:39.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 12:24   #606
BHPian

Triumph Speed 400 owners who already received the motorcycle, are you guys facing fuel gauge error.

Got mine tanked up to the brim however fuel gauge just showed 7 bars out of total 8 bars.

Saw owner's video from Chandigarh where he claimed that his motorcycle run out of fuel while fuel gauge indicating 2 bars.
Striker_wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 12:56   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskanp View Post
You seem right, but just wondering the effect of offset fork of the 400X and it's effect on city ride and on the highways. Also wondering the 7-8 kgs weight increase in the 400X, where that weight gain has taken place. For a 6'1" it is worthwhile to wait for the X variant I feel. But everything will depend on the pricing of X.
Agreed, but I don't think the offset forks should be a big issue. The weight gain is mostly due to the larger suspension, etc. and the bigger wheel, different panels, etc. and a bigger handlebar. Little things that add up. I'm 6'2", and that exactly why I'm waiting for X. I expect it to be 2.6 L ex-showroom.
Old 30th August 2023, 13:43   #608
BHPian

Got my bike today from Riya Triumph Ahmedabad. The fan came on as I reached home barely 2-2.5km away. It got the stray dogs living in our building compound riled up, but cajoling them worked.

Edit: I got the five year warranty. However, I didn't get the rear suspension spanner and some other associated tool. The sales advisor didn't know that it is being offered as part of the standard package. However another person in the showroom was aware about this, and said that the tools are supposed to come from the OEM in some time.

Hence, please discuss these things with your sales advisor before the delivery.

Also, accessories are expected here in the first week of September. That's when I will get a few items fitted.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_20230830_110753.jpg  

Last edited by davelok : 30th August 2023 at 14:08.
davelok is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 14:07   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker_wheels View Post
Triumph Speed 400 owners who already received the motorcycle, are you guys facing fuel gauge error.

Got mine tanked up to the brim however fuel gauge just showed 7 bars out of total 8 bars.

Saw owner's video from Chandigarh where he claimed that his motorcycle run out of fuel while fuel gauge indicating 2 bars.
When I got tankful, all the blocks of indicator on fuel gauge lit up. After 100KMs or so, I can see 2 blocks are off now. Thanks for the update, will keep a check on this.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 18:31   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailinder View Post
Well, I completed my test ride on 26th August and checked for PDI from Keerthi. They wanted the full payment to be made before the RTO activity. Upon long persuasion, I managed to get a window to "inspect" (Though no proper PDI was offered) before the RTO activity.

This activity might derail the overall TAT of the delivery and might not fulfil the desire to complete a full PDI, but still, something is better than nothing.

Most likely, I will pay the first part of the payment tomorrow (they expect more than 75% to be paid) and the remaining post-inspection.
For Bangalore folks, especially guys dealing or struggling with Keerthi.

I completed my test ride on the 26th Aug, and since the 28th (Monday), I have been trying to get in touch with them to make the payment and confirm the timeline for inspection and delivery. Unfortunately, none of them are available on call (not picking up nor reverting over WhatsApp). Mind you, they offered their personal numbers for quick assistance (God knows what they actually meant by "quick assistance").

So, my question to my fellow Bangaloreans here is,
  • Am I the only one struggling, or are there others also going through the same ordeal? It really hurts if there are others as well.
  • Are we really stuck with Keerthi and do not have any choice because we booked early, and now they are making sure we run pillar to post?
  • If this is what the status is as of now, will they ever be able to help us out?

Apart from cancellation, what options do I have?
shailinder is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 18:51   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Same with me also, I was ready with cash and was ready to pick-up bike.

no one picks up call, but daily get message your bike is allocated walk-in and make payment and documentation.

Then I called Reception, she was like has someone called you, if else wait till someone calls you, and no one calls. And she told no need to come to showroom till someone calls.

Then after many calls got hold of a person, he gave me number of another person, and he told me to make payment of Rs 2.93 lakh, and he was like bikes are available will process as soon as payment is made. After scrambler launch price will be 3.06 lakh.

By then few thoughts came in, should I wait till scrambler launch. And I am going for 6 days Leh KTM 390 Adv road trip from tomorrow, so I have TD Speed 400x, so this KTM 390 trip might change my mind if I should go to KTM instead of Triumph or not.

So thought of waiting one more week before I decide on this.

Agree, most lousy showroom and employees no nothing except chit-chatting between themselves, no one cares to show you the bike or explain anything.

If you got message of allotment and want to make payment DM me, i will send you persons phone number.

No need for cancellations, pick up the bike and get service done by new center Khaviraj, who are famous with Bajaj for their service.
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 19:28   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Same with me also, I was ready with cash and was ready to pick-up bike. no one picks up call, but daily get message your bike is allocated walk-in and make payment and documentation.

Then I called Reception, she was like has someone called you, if else wait till someone calls you, and no one calls. And she told no need to come to showroom till someone calls.
As much as I didnt feel any extreme rudeness or don't care attitude here in Pune, I can definitely confirm that the lack of communication and the "wait for a call" statement is pretty much the same here. It is difficult to get across to their phones and I myself had got one of the senior guys' numbers a couple of months ago so am still able to get some info.

They are overwhelmed by people at the showrooms and with deliveries of so many bikes. You can watch any of the hundreds of recent TR videos on YT to see how full the showrooms are and how long the queues are, even now. It doesnt help that RTOs have added on to the delay so people who have paid for the initial lots are pushing them.

As much as I rant about not getting my bike soon, we need to also understand that the staffing at these showrooms was meant for 10-20 customers a day and maybe 2-3 deliveries a week (guesses considering bikes start from 10 lakhs). Some have hired more temp/junior staff but there are only so many decision makers. So, it can be expected that they are unable to handle it and make everyone feel like they are getting a "Triumph experience". The sheer numbers are what Honda, TVS and RE are used to seeing and the experience, at least till the initial TR hype goes down, will probably be similar.

Last edited by lazyrev : 30th August 2023 at 19:29. Reason: typo
lazyrev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 20:08   #613
BHPian

Quote:

I completed my test ride on the 26th Aug, and since the 28th (Monday), I have been trying to get in touch with them to make the payment and confirm the timeline for inspection and delivery. Unfortunately, none of them are available on call (not picking up nor reverting over WhatsApp). Mind you, they offered their personal numbers for quick assistance (God knows what they actually meant by "quick assistance").

• Am I the only one struggling, or are there others also going through the same ordeal? It really hurts if there are others as well.
  • Are we really stuck with Keerthi and do not have any choice because we booked early, and now they are making sure we run pillar to post?
  • If this is what the status is as of now, will they ever be able to help us out?

Shailinder, I am in the same boat. I got the same messages as you, however when I call the numbers no one picks up. Haveb been told 10-15 days wait time before delivery, however, I do not want to pay full before PDI.

Also, they are not willing to give a bike for longer test rides for us who have booked but have not problem to give it out to vloggers. Also called Triumph EC, but no one picked up and as of an earlier post, they dont seem to have a bike for test ride anyway.
sprocket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 23:10   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
If you got message of allotment and want to make payment DM me, i will send you persons phone number.

No need for cancellations, pick up the bike and get service done by new center Khaviraj, who are famous with Bajaj for their service.
Thanks for the number Shamnath. I remember speaking to him and a few more on their 2nd floor. I saw a couple of Triumph Rockets for delivery there.

Happy journey and I have a feeling that you might settle with 390 ADV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
it can be expected that they are unable to handle it and make everyone feel like they are getting a "Triumph experience". The sheer numbers are what Honda, TVS and RE are used to seeing and the experience, at least till the initial TR hype goes down, will probably be similar.
I agree with your point, but that does not mean they cannot meet the basic criteria of their existence. They are in the market to do business (sell as many as possible). They told me that many bikes lie in their Hosur godown or yard. It looks like they are not bothered, or I would say that this is the reason why they are so famous for their "service".

I hope we all remember that Keerthi was the one who did the initial fiasco of that 17K delivery charge.

I would say at the Triumph level, they should have controlled these test rides to maintain the hype and delivery control. I remember back in the day when ONEPlus launched their ONEPlus One and ONEPlus Two phones. Everybody was getting the invite link to buy the phone. People were eagerly waiting and asking peers to share the link, etc. They should have followed a similar path, they should have managed it more effectively. End of the day, people will walk out from Triumph, not from Keerthi.

Trust me, mate but they are not giving the right "Triumph Experience" by any means. OR probably, people like me are not ready for such an experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
they are not willing to give a bike for longer test rides for us who have booked but have not problem to give it out to vloggers.
Absolutely. I second your point. I have asked the same thing to the person operating there. On one hand, he said we cannot give delivery before November to a prospective customer but still offer a test ride to him. Instead, those who have booked it MUST be allowed to ride for some time.

I remember that initially, there were messages that you could book a slot of 30 minutes and ride. I doubt whether we are allowed to ride more than 10 mins (thanks to the traffic) or beyond 2-3 km. How can anyone take a call to book the bike based on such a short ride?

Fuel gauge error is also adding fuel to the fire. People might say such niggles or teething issues will be there with every new launch. I agree , but how you handle the situation or concern is more important than anything else.

Fingers crossed!!!

Last edited by shailinder : 30th August 2023 at 23:14. Reason: Missed a point.
shailinder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 23:13   #615
BHPian

Hey guys. I hope everyone is having a good time. Congratulations to everyone who chose Triumph Speed 400 as their new ride. I’d like to believe you guys made a good choice (since I’ve made the same one )

I have a booking at One Triumph, Naraina. Just talked to the Sales Associate there and apparently I can have my bike (the blue one) when I pay a minimum of 2.23 for it beforehand. I asked for PDI before payment and he was ok with that. When I asked about the handling charges he sheepishly said sir it’s for loading and unloading and other handling charges and is standard industry practice (couldn’t tell me why it’s so despite a court order calling it illegal). Also I find it a bit weird that he told me he will get me the bike within 1 week after payment despite saying that stocks are available. Why the one week delay if the stock is there and I’ve paid?

Just wanted to ask the more experienced members here what to look for while getting a new motorcycle other than standard PDI. And wanted to know from other Delhi peeps their experience and any shady dealer practices that I should be on a lookout for; also kindly suggest what accessories should I get for eg. engine bashplate, radiator guard etc. My usage will be 80% city joyrides and 20% minor highway excursions. No off roading as that’s not what the bike is meant for and it isn’t something I’m interested in.

Looking forward to smart suggestions from the community. Thanks in advance. Happy riding.

Last edited by Axe77 : 31st August 2023 at 12:28. Reason: Replaced with Forum emoticon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks