Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2023, 23:30   #586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker_wheels View Post
Could you please share exactly where is this shown detail on warranty terms mentioned in the Vehicle Delivery documents, could not find it in set of documents I have.

They even provided lock set with second key. Seems it is for handle lock and seat opening lock.
It is printed on the back side of the Tax Invoice.

Those extra keys are for if in the future you buy a top box or side panniers, you can add these lock set to them so you don't need a separate key. This is what was told to me by the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrev View Post
I booked the bike on 6th July and am still #500 odd just in Pune. They are saying I can only expect delivery by mid to end September. I am curious as to how you got the bike so quickly in Mumbai, where I expect the demand is even higher. Congratulations again and do share your experience with the bike.

Also, latest comparo with a really nice lineup and good comparisons has dropped
https://Youtu.be/7yftRs4UEkc
I don't know but I have been following up with them since 5th July itself. My bike is among the first 20 in Mumbai. By now they must have delivered about 40 bikes. Around 15 bikes were there squeezed in the showroom awaiting number plate.

Last edited by Axe77 : 29th August 2023 at 14:02. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use "Multi Quote" feature when replying to multiple quotes. Thank you.
JoshVRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 00:04   #587
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshVRider View Post
It is printed on the back side of the Tax Invoice.

Those extra keys are for if in the future you buy a top box or side panniers, you can add these lock set to them so you don't need a separate key. This is what was told to me by the dealer.
Its not there in my case, even Sales advisor at One Triumph has no clue on extended 3yr warranty though it is mentioned in New vehicle delivery document with Star*.
Old 29th August 2023, 00:43   #588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker_wheels View Post
Its not there in my case, even Sales advisor at One Triumph has no clue on extended 3yr warranty though it is mentioned in New vehicle delivery document with Star*.
Don't know how I got it then. I was told about extended warranty by the sales person who handed these documents to me. I'm not sure if it is for first 10k customers or maybe it depends on the dealer itself? I'm not sure.
Old 29th August 2023, 02:01   #589
BHPian

Can any of the folks in Pune, who have received or are going to receive their bikes this week please tell me the date on which you prebooked and what your approx sequence number at BUB is? I'd really appreciate it.

I was initially told I'm somewhere around 400 when I went for the TR on 2nd Aug. They told me I can make the 25k deposit to confirm my spot in a new list of buyers who were putting down the deposit. This was on Aug 9th. I made the 25k deposit.

Today I find out I'm actually #550 or so and that there is no other list. The number from the TR day and the 25k didnt matter at all. I still have to wait till the end of the month even though I prebooked the very next day after the India launch. I think they're toying with me or slotting in friends and family earlier.

They even had the guts to tell me to make full payment now but said I'll still receive the bike according to the 550 odd number. Why would I do pay them for a bike I may or may not receive by end September?

Feeling so helpless and confused.

Last edited by lazyrev : 29th August 2023 at 02:01. Reason: added Pune for context
lazyrev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 08:50   #590
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Can any of the folks in Pune, who have received or are going to receive their bikes this week please tell me the date on which you prebooked and what your approx sequence number at BUB is? I'd really appreciate it.
I had booked on 6th July around 8:30 PM. Just before I made this post:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5579490 (Triumph Speed 400 and Scrambler 400 X unveiled)

This is the same day as the price announcement. ~6 hours after the price reveal because I had missed the livestream.

The 6 hour delay means my delivery date was pushed 2 weeks since the highest bookings in the initial phase came in from Pune as per some reports.

The booking ID as per the payment receipt at BU Bhandari is 379. Delivery expected in 2 weeks starting 25th. I have requested them to just stick to this timeline since it is my birthday soon after the 2 week deadline ends.
Old 29th August 2023, 09:02   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Got couple of messages from Keerthi Triumph that my bike is allotted and to come to complete formalities. Also got a call for the same, but the only question asked was when I am making the full payment. Since I am still undecided and also out of town for the next couple of weeks, told I can only come after couple of weeks. They just said ok and cut the call.
Old 29th August 2023, 10:28   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can any of the folks in Pune, who have received or are going to receive their bikes this week please tell me the date on which you prebooked and what your approx sequence number at BUB is? I'd really appreciate it..
I had pre-booked the bike on 4th July after its global launch. Given it was only 2K, I just went ahead and booked. My number at BUB was 70 but given mine was black and most of their bookings were for red, I kind of got lucky as Bajaj sent 6-10 black bikes in first lot. On the day of delivery, there was a sea of red bikes and only 4 blacks, so go figure

My only issue with BUB is lack of communication between when I paid in full and the delivery. In fact, I was chasing one of the folks from sales after I got number allotted and just 1 day before delivery. This is in contrast to BUB's car division which is very communicative.
Old 29th August 2023, 11:21   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
I had booked on 6th July around 8:30 PM. Just before I made this post
Thanks for your response. I think the bike launched on 5th July so you also prebooked a day later, I am guessing, just like me. Hence, the 100-200 spot difference between the two of us. The deliveries seem to be delayed because of the demand and RTO issues. BUB told me I will get mine only between mid to end Sept so I really hope they actually give you yours on time. 5th September is pretty close. Not sure but have they confirmed that your bike is already with them or are they waiting for it too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
My only issue with BUB is lack of communication between when I paid in full and the delivery. In fact, I was chasing one of the folks from sales after I got number allotted and just 1 day before delivery. This is in contrast to BUB's car division which is very communicative.
Absolutely, I am getting mixed info from different people at BUB and they all seem to want to just get the full amount and there will be no update after that, until the day the bike is ready. They are saying they cant commit to anything regarding delivery but I need to commit with the full amount.
Old 29th August 2023, 12:28   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your response. I think the bike launched on 5th July so you also prebooked a day later, I am guessing, just like me. Hence, the 100-200 spot difference between the two of us.
My bad. The post in the link is on 5th. I booked on 5th

Last edited by Axe77 : 29th August 2023 at 12:45. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 12:48   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Got couple of messages from Keerthi Triumph that my bike is allotted and to come to complete formalities. Also got a call for the same, but the only question asked was when I am making the full payment. Since I am still undecided and also out of town for the next couple of weeks, told I can only come after couple of weeks. They just said ok and cut the call.
Got similar message, but when i asked, its allocated in factory, so it will still take 15-20 days. so was wondering, is there need to make payment now or when the bike arrives at dealership.
Old 29th August 2023, 13:56   #596
BHPian

Each dealership would try different tactics to get you to pay the full amount early. However, the absolute red line would be before getting the bike registered in your name.

You can drop in to the dealership and agree on the milestones with their representative.
davelok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 15:10   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
Each dealership would try different tactics to get you to pay the full amount early. However, the absolute red line would be before getting the bike registered in your name.

You can drop in to the dealership and agree on the milestones with their representative.
I was told will get bike in end of sept, since mine was 900+ in dealership at Keerthi Bangalore. But looks like they have bike ready now, might be lot of cancellations, whoever pays gets the bikes immediately.

Only condition is I have to take bike before Scrambler launch in October, else I will have to pay 2.33 after Scram launch.

I am also like now, is Scrambler better for long rides as I don't use bike much inside city, since scrambler front wheel is bigger, so the riding position would be more relaxed ? I don't see any scrambler riding reviews yet, has anyone seen a review?
Old 29th August 2023, 16:10   #598
BHPian

If anyone has pics of kit delivered with bike would be helpful.
TopSpeeder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 16:30   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I am also like now, is Scrambler better for long rides as I don't use bike much inside city, since scrambler front wheel is bigger, so the riding position would be more relaxed ? I don't see any scrambler riding reviews yet, has anyone seen a review?
There are no reviews of the scrambler yet. Nobody outside Bajaj/Triumph has probably ridden one.

The riding position difference between Speed and Scrambler will not be night and day. Check the initial promo videos released at the time of global unveil if you want to be sure of this. The situation will be similar in case of suspension travel as well. The difference won't be earth shattering.

The only big difference will be that of ground clearance and slightly better straight-line stability (with the corresponding loss of agility). But the question is, do you need the additional ground clearance on a day-to-day basis?

Because you are thinking of going to Ladakh once in a lifetime, trust me, the Speed should manage just fine with a set of knobbier tyres. If, however, you want to go to terrain like that (Uttarakhand / Arunachal / Nepal etc.) for 2 weeks at least, every year, you will probably be better off with the KTM Adv 390.
antz.bin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 17:17   #600

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post

The only big difference will be that of ground clearance and slightly better straight-line stability (with the corresponding loss of agility). But the question is, do you need the additional ground clearance on a day-to-day basis?

Because you are thinking of going to Ladakh once in a lifetime, trust me, the Speed should manage just fine with a set of knobbier tyres. If, however, you want to go to terrain like that (Uttarakhand / Arunachal / Nepal etc.) for 2 weeks at least, every year, you will probably be better off with the KTM Adv 390.
You seem right, but just wondering the effect of offset fork of the 400X and it's effect on city ride and on the highways. Also wondering the 7-8 kgs weight increase in the 400X, where that weight gain has taken place. For a 6'1" it is worthwhile to wait for the X variant I feel. But everything will depend on the pricing of X.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks