Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2023, 12:46   #571
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
So took my bike to office today . Below are my observations of a ride of 12KMs
Congratulations!! This bike somehow looks better when placed next to other bikes in the real world. It is less impressive in photoshoot images.

The more I see people riding this bike in the city, the more I am going to lose it out of jealousy haha. I thought I was very smart for booking the day after launch. Little did I know that I will be so far behind on the list. Expecting mine by mid to end September now.

I guess I'll know it's you if I see a black speed 400 in the city .
Old 28th August 2023, 14:11   #572

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk_cheek13 View Post
Hello everyone. Got this message from Keerthi yesterday:

Can someone help me with the amount that needs to be paid before PDI? Any experience here on getting Speed 400 delivery at Keerthi?
Got the same message, getting it almost daily now. I haven't done the TD yet.

Not sure but I guess they want the entire amount to be paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
So took my bike to office today . Below are my observations of a ride of 12KMs:
Pretty surprised about the fuel efficiency being so high, I don't think anybody else has got so much out of this bike.

Also, this heating sounds worrisome. Any reason why this is happening inspite of liquid cooling?

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th August 2023 at 14:24. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
Old 28th August 2023, 15:03   #573
Senior - BHPian

Visited the new Khivraj Motors showroom on hosur road(Singasandra) today. As expected today it was all empty with only 1 more person checking out the bikes. Unfortunately no test ride bike available yet, was very interested in getting one but alas.

Never the less, checked out the 400 in detail and it looks pretty well made. Height and weight seemed perfect for me. Was able to just flatfoot on both sides (am 5’8”). Scrambler might be tall for me. BHPians have already shared observations, so nothing new to add there. However in contrast to popular opinion, I liked the blue more

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_1944.jpeg

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_1946.jpeg

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_1945.jpeg

Red ofcourse took center stage.

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_1948.jpeg

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_1947.jpeg

3.06L OTR bangalore seems like a steal. Might end up booking one if the test ride is satisfactory. The SA says after 6 months expect prices to bump up by 70-80k ex-showroom. But I guess that’s usual sales gimmick to force you into booking ASAP.

Btw RS was also there. Looks dope from every angle, just the headlight design I can’t digest still.

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_1941.jpeg

Saw a few Tiger 660s ready for delivery. Wish Triumph gets a Tiger 400 as well, would sell like crazy for sure.

They say this is the biggest Triumph showroom in India. Didn’t feel anything special as such. It’s just an ok sized showroom with ASC at the back. Wonder how small rest are that this is the biggest

Last edited by SoumenD : 28th August 2023 at 15:10.
SoumenD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 15:21   #574
BHPian

Hi JoshVRider

>> Furthermore, being in the first 10,000 customers, Triumph has offered extended warranty for an additional 3 years (45,000kms) over and above the 2 year unlimited kms. Also, there is a surprise as mentioned by the sales team which will be revealed only during the first service. Truly Bajaj-Triumph knows how to treat their customers well.

Is this extended warranty for all 10k customers, Anything else expected as part of delivery? I have made the payment and waiting for delivery, this will help me.

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 28th August 2023 at 15:22. Reason: Formatting issue
Old 28th August 2023, 16:06   #575

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Hi JoshVRider

>> Furthermore, being in the first 10,000 customers, Triumph has offered extended warranty for an additional 3 years (45,000kms) over and above the 2 year unlimited kms. Also, there is a surprise as mentioned by the sales team which will be revealed only during the first service. Truly Bajaj-Triumph knows how to treat their customers well.

Is this extended warranty for all 10k customers, Anything else expected as part of delivery? I have made the payment and waiting for delivery, this will help me.

I was told this was for the first 10k customers. The extended warranty is mentioned the warranty terms. They will give you 2 keys, 1 key has the chip activated so only this key will work. They said if you lose this key then you can get the second key to service centre and they will put you chassis number and activate this key. Until then only the 1st key will work. This is because of immobilizer feature. Even if someone copied the key it won't work because it doesn't have the chassis specific chip enabled.

Check the bike properly before signing any documents. Just a regular thing not like there was any issue with it. I got the MRF Steel brace tyres. There were other bikes ready for delivery with both MRF as well as Apollo tyres. They are both same in performance.

Your bike will look dirty, this is because pre delivery Inspection done at Bajaj chakan factory. My bike had 5kms on the odo. The showroom cleaned the bike and dressed the engine before I took it out.

After you're out, check the air pressure. It is regular air not nitrogen. If you have a nitrogen pump nearby you can remove current air and fill nitrogen. I didn't have that option. Air Pressure is 26 Front & 33 Rear for both rider as well as rider+pillion. My bike had 28psi on both tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20230828_1020302692.jpg  

JoshVRider is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 16:13   #576
BHPian

Apparently the dealer (Riya Triumph Ahmedabad in my case) requires full payment before getting the registration done. This is to be expected, obviously.

I had already paid more than 50% of the price and only wanted the delivery this weekend, but have now paid in full.

I'll now take the delivery on the morning of the 30th as the dealership will be closed in the second half for Rakshabandhan. I live close to the showroom, so not much of a hassle, even though it will be a working day for me.
Old 28th August 2023, 19:29   #577

Took it for a quick ride to Vandri Lake. Effortless riding. Not at all tiring. About 1hr ride I took while going and dad rode while coming back. At 80kmph 6th gear it stays at 4.2 - 4.5k rpm.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20230828_121817382.mp2.jpg  

JoshVRider is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 19:45   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshWish View Post
Congratulation on the bike. I am also in the queue and I may get lucky this week. Just one question? How much did you pay as in total amount?
Paid total INR 2.66L, this is excluding helmet amount.

Point to note is invoice amount is 2.23L however RTO fee is levied on 2.33L which amounts to INR 19710. Insurance guy considered 2.23L to calculate IDV (which should not be more than 5% of ex showroom).
Striker_wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 19:47   #579
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Congratulations to everyone who got the delivery. Keep sharing pictures of your rides so we have something to soothe our eyes on while we wait for ours.

The update from my side is that made the full and final payment on the 25th but delivery is still 10 days away. I hope they make the delivery fast because I have now run out of Speed 400 videos to watch and want the real deal and want it NOW!

It was a dramatic final day and it was a final showdown between the Speed and the new Duke but then it finally came down to the shape of the seat that became the clincher. If you have a small child, you will understand why a single continuous seat of the Speed is better than the split seats on the Duke. That ended up as the deciding factor in favour of the Speed 400.
antz.bin is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 19:58   #580

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Congratulations to everyone who got the delivery. Keep sharing pictures of your rides so we have something to soothe our eyes on while we wait for ours.

The update from my side is that made the full and final payment on the 25th but delivery is still 10 days away. I hope they make the delivery fast because I have now run out of Speed 400 videos to watch and want the real deal and want it NOW!

It was a dramatic final day and it was a final showdown between the Speed and the new Duke but then it finally came down to the shape of the seat that became the clincher. If you have a small child, you will understand why a single continuous seat of the Speed is better than the split seats on the Duke. That ended up as the deciding factor in favour of the Speed 400.
I know what you mean. I booked on 5th July and there wasn't a single day that I didn't watch reviews, pics, updates on the Speed 400.. . . I paid 50k on 4th August the from the remaining amount I paid half of that on 17th August and only after they confirmed that they have the bike in their yard I told them to give me chassis number, I took insurance and then paid the remaining on 23rd. They did my registration on 25th (got the RC number) and delivery on 27th (yesterday).

Be patient. It is worth the wait.
JoshVRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 20:09   #581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker_wheels View Post
Paid total INR 2.66L, this is excluding helmet amount.

Point to note is invoice amount is 2.23L however RTO fee is levied on 2.33L which amounts to INR 19710. Insurance guy considered 2.23L to calculate IDV (which should not be more than 5% of ex showroom).
I noticed that too.i paid Rs.2.77L. Took insurance from Acko myself at 22k including zero dep, PA cover and IDV 2.33L (there was option to take it upto 2.87L)
Old 28th August 2023, 20:29   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshVRider View Post
I was told this was for the first 10k customers. The extended warranty is mentioned the warranty terms.
Could you please share exactly where is this shown detail on warranty terms mentioned in the Vehicle Delivery documents, could not find it in set of documents I have.

Quote:
They will give you 2 keys, 1 key has the chip activated so only this key will work. They said if you lose this key then you can get the second key to service centre and they will put you chassis number and activate this key. Until then only the 1st key will work. This is because of immobilizer feature. Even if someone copied the key it won't work because it doesn't have the chassis specific chip enabled.
tyres.
They even provided lock set with second key. Seems it is for handle lock and seat opening lock.
Old 28th August 2023, 20:36   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk_cheek13 View Post
Can someone help me with the amount that needs to be paid before PDI? Any experience here on getting Speed 400 delivery at Keerthi?
Well, I completed my test ride on 26th August and checked for PDI from Keerthi. They wanted the full payment to be made before the RTO activity. Upon long persuasion, I managed to get a window to "inspect" (Though no proper PDI was offered) before the RTO activity.

This activity might derail the overall TAT of the delivery and might not fulfil the desire to complete a full PDI, but still, something is better than nothing.

Most likely, I will pay the first part of the payment tomorrow (they expect more than 75% to be paid) and the remaining post-inspection.

• Nothing extra we can expect from the dealer or company. As per SA, bar end mirrors, engine guard, and radiator cover have been offered as FOC. When I asked whether I would get two tyres with the bike or not, he laughed and understood the joke after a small pause.
  • Insurance from Iffco-Tokyo and the first year is zero dep - I will push for more clarity as he mentioned bumper-to-bumper, whereas, in bikes, we have mudguards.
  • No extended warranty thing was discussed or mentioned.
  • No "special offer or gift" was mentioned during the first service. They will probably let me know once I go ahead with the booking or take delivery to impress me.

I hope the above will be of some help to you and others.
shailinder is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 21:31   #584
BHPian

Quote:
I know what you mean. I booked on 5th July and there wasn't a single day that I didn't watch reviews, pics, updates on the Speed 400.. . . I paid 50k on 4th August the from the remaining amount I paid half of that on 17th August and only after they confirmed that they have the bike in their yard I told them to give me chassis number, I took insurance and then paid the remaining on 23rd. They did my registration on 25th (got the RC number) and delivery on 27th (yesterday).

Be patient. It is worth the wait.
I booked the bike on 6th July and am still #500 odd just in Pune. They are saying I can only expect delivery by mid to end September. I am curious as to how you got the bike so quickly in Mumbai, where I expect the demand is even higher. Congratulations again and do share your experience with the bike.

Also, latest comparo with a really nice lineup and good comparisons has dropped

Last edited by lazyrev : 28th August 2023 at 21:46. Reason: Added comparo link
Old 28th August 2023, 23:28   #585
BHPian

Whooaa!!! The first service review is also out. It is in Hindi, and most of the folks here will understand from his expression whether he is a satisfied customer or not.

The first service cost is Rs. 2017/- including GST (in Delhi).

shailinder is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks