Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2023, 23:20   #556
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Guess what’s here!

I’m pretty impressed by the service at Shaman Motors Andheri. I did not have to follow up after paying the full amount. I had requested for bike delivery on 26th morning while booking. There was some delay at their end and they couldn’t get the bike delivered in the morning (number plate wasn’t ready) Farrell my sales representative from Triumph was very proactive. He apologised for the delay and even found a way to get the bike to me. Once I gave them permission to deliver the bike to my place ( had to pay for delivery which is fair) they made sure I had the bike on the very same day I had requested for. Pretty impressive; they kept their word.

First job to tomorrow is to buy a helmet for my ride. �� any suggestions for a rookie rider ? Is a Jacket necessary which one do you guys recommend ?

Cheers !
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_8810.jpeg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_8808.jpeg  

Last edited by Blackbolt : 26th August 2023 at 23:21.
Blackbolt is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 23:53   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbolt View Post
Guess what’s here!

First job to tomorrow is to buy a helmet for my ride. �� any suggestions for a rookie rider ? Is a Jacket necessary which one do you guys recommend ?

Cheers !
Congratulations!! You're the first at least on this thread. Waiting for your review.

Regarding the helmet, I just purchased one in anticipation of the new bike too. I had a budget of 5-6k so I went with the Axor Apex Turbine grey. I had tried on the SMK typhoon, MT hummer, one LS2 model and Axor Apex's. SMK and Axor were good value because they came with inlcuded pinlock, dual visor (I absolutely must have this) as well as ECE 22.05 certification. MT and LS2 needs you to spend 2-3k extra for the pinlock and visor. The SMK hurt my ears so Axor it was.

Jacket, I have shortlisted the solace air-x L2 for myself since I wanted a mesh jacket considering I will be in city mode 90% of the time. Will be purchasing later. My budget was around 6k for the jacket too and this just fits.

You can visit this thread for more info: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-...ar-thread.html (The Riding Gear thread)

Just remember to try on everything before committing.
lazyrev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 11:28   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
BUB planning a mega 50 bikes delivery this Sunday.
Congrats on getting the bike, among first 5 to roll out of showroom :-).

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_094201.jpeg

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_094202.jpeg

Majority Red, few Black; however no Blue. These Red bikes are going to paint the town Red.
sukiwa is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 12:10   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I took another longish ride of CB350 today together with classic 350. I also rode Super Meteor 650 and CB500X just for fun!
Where on earth did you get a TD for the cb500x or did it belong to someone you know? I have been enquiring about the cb500x for almost a year now in Chennai, the only response i have been getting is "we have no idea / we aren't sure".
Old 27th August 2023, 12:49   #560
BHPian

So I took the test drive of the Speed 400 from the Anna Nagar Triumph. The sales team were definitely great & polite, even gave a reminder call on the morning of the TD, they were even happy to reschedule for me as well, all this without even a booking. I purposely avoided going on the weekend and picked 2pm (a 40 degree afternoon is a deterrent in itself) on Thursday just to make sure there wasn't a crowd. Sure enough just 3 others in the showroom including myself, the 3rd guy came back from his TD just as I was filling out the TD forms.

They gave me their standard TD route, asked them for a few patches of broken roads and they were happy to indulge, called a friend who sent location for his TD route as well. I spent 30 mins with the bike driving through traffic, open and broken roads. My driving is going to be mostly in the city and even if it's on highways it will be in the city not outside.

Coming from a CB Unicorn Dazzler, which I have had for the last 13 years this is going to be my big step up, only concern was bit of stress on the wrists but not as painful as on my bike, definitely 80% less. I am 5'11 and weigh 105kg, so guess it's mostly due to my size and weight.

But other than that absolutely loved the bike chucking it in and out of traffic. All the power considering all I have had, and coming from a decade old bike the difference is night and day, people coming from more modern vehicles might have things to nit pick but not me.

Post the TD, booked the bike in black, went to Honda Bigwing and cancelled my CB 350 RS booking. They asked me for the reason and a signed letter and in 7 days I had the booking amount refunded with a Rs. 500 deduction.

There are now only 2 bikes which might waiver my decision:

1. Scrambler 400x: Considering the part of Chennai where I stay doesn't have roads. The GCC promises of roads being re-done in another 2 or 3 months (ongoing metro and drain works) and the more upright riding position is inviting.

2. Sherpa 650: If it's launched before I take delivery of the Speed 400 and I get a TD, but I don't find it very likely because I test drove the Interceptor 650 - it's heavy and it put a lot of strain on my wrists which I believe could have been fixed with a handle bar riser and second the Hunter 350 felt minuscule, so since the Sherpa is going to be a hybrid of both, not sure how its going to turn out.

I forgot to take a pic. Here is a pic from my friend who took a TD a day before. We both had gotten the same bike for the TD.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-img20230816wa0003.jpg  

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img20230816wa0002.jpg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th August 2023 at 21:37. Reason: Multiple clean up / formatting edits (punctuation, spacing, some typos etc).
al90 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 15:02   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Congrats on getting the bike, among first 5 to roll out of showroom :-).

Majority Red, few Black; however no Blue. These Red bikes are going to paint the town Red.
Thanks a lot for clicking the pics . Yeah, only 5-6 black Speed were there today, rest all were red. No blue anywhere in the first 50 looks like.

My number was 70 on the list when I booked on 28th June but given black was the least ordered color, I thought I will have to wait until Sep. Had a lovely ride home today

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th August 2023 at 21:38. Reason: Typos.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 18:49   #562

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and the world of biking.

To keep this short, I was looking to buy my first bike and was very excited about the Speed 400 launch. I'm among the first 10k bookings but have yet to take a test ride. Unfortunately, Keerthi Triumph was the only available dealer when I prebooked. I've heard many negative reviews about them but have yet to test-ride the bike. I also read about some people trying to transfer their bookings. I tried doing that many times because I wanted to try and see if I could, but the bike from Khivraj Chennai instead of Keerthi Bangalore, but Triumph was in no mood to help me, so it didn't work. I tried to save about 30k extra that I have to shell for this bike if I buy it in Bangalore, but this is not possible. So, all those trying it, this is to let you know it won't happen.

I was out of town for a couple of weeks and had the opportunity to test ride the H'ness and 350RS thrice; those were the only bikes I was seriously considering until the Speed 400 launch.

The H'ness was such a pleasure to ride, especially how the gears swere lotted in, precise and bmooth.

However, the only thing that's kept me from buying it so far is the death wobble. It's such a pain to stay in this limbo and not make a decision.

I am looking forward to expert opinions from all of you on this.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5h1n1gam1 View Post
I'm just getting into the biking scene and looking to buy my first bike—something to ride daily to the office and the occasional long ride. So, I had a test ride of the the Speed 400, the Honda CB350s, and the Classic 350 yesterday at the Andheri showrooms in Mumbai.

Hey buddy, I echo this sentiment entirely and am on the same page. I wanted to respond earlier, but I just got approved to join the forum a couple of days ago.

Like you, I'm a biking rookie trying to buy my first bike. I was very excited by the Speed 400 launch and am among the first 10k customers.

I have yet to take a test ride since I was out of town for a couple of weeks. I just got back to Bangalore today, and I'll try and see if I can go for a test ride during the week or over the weekend.

However, just like you, I was also very keen on considering the H'ness and took a test ride for the first time just about two weeks ago.

I took a test ride three times, twice with the H'ness and once with the RS350. The RS350 was not serviced, according to the sales exec, and I felt the handlebar pulling itself to the right, which was dangerous. But the H'ness was so amazing to ride it. I fell in love immediately. The ride, the butter smooth and perfect gear shift (this was the highlight for me) and the super-light clutch.

I was initially very apprehensive about the tall and frequent gear shifts people kept complaining about, but it seemed like a game, so easy and fun because it was so smooth, so perfectly slotting in. I don't know why this isn't discussed as much as it deserves.

The only reason I didn't buy it earlier was the bike's major issue that so many people have been talking about the wobble. That's kept a lot of potential customers at bay.

The H'ness thread on teambhp isn't active, but I would appreciate all experienced riders' input about this wobbling issue.

Because I need to book a bike, I'm not getting any younger and must book one for regular office commutes and occasional touring rides.

Any expert advice from all of you would help.

Mod Note- Proofread before posting

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th August 2023 at 22:39. Reason: back to back, trimmed quote. Spell/ grammar
BikingNewbie23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 19:57   #563
BHPian

Has any took the delivery of bike, surprising to see it is being listed on OLX in Hyderabad. Not sure on the reason behind his sale.
Old 27th August 2023, 20:48   #564

Triumph Speed 400 - the bike RE failed to make

Even after having so many years of headstart. Finally, people will get their money's worth. I say this after investing hard-earned money in the Thunderbird 350 "Ultimate Cruiser" (or so I was led to believe)

Just took delivery today for my Triumph Speed 400, which according to me is a true original and an excellent motorcycle. Thanks Bajaj-Triumph for making an excellent VFM vehicle.

Going by first impressions, the ride quality on the Speed 400 is really enjoyable, the engine being spontaneously responsive and eager to run. And this it does very effortlessly. It is a head turner, to boot. You don't feel like stopping the ride. It is that much fun!

On the ride to home after taking delivery, a Duke390 owner asked, "How's the ride?" and then a RE TBTS owner asked, "what is the waiting time?" He stopped where we had been taking a video of our new bike and requested if he could sit and feel the position and the height. And man, was he impressed? Understandably so.

Furthermore, being in the first 10,000 customers, Triumph has offered extended warranty for an additional 3 years (45,000kms) over and above the 2 year unlimited kms. Also, there is a surprise as mentioned by the sales team which will be revealed only during the first service. Truly Bajaj-Triumph knows how to treat their customers well.

Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20230827_1245571382.jpg

Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20230827_1221254192.jpg

Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20230827_122204277.jpg

Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20230827_122211461.jpg

Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20230827_122151022.jpg

Triumph Speed 400 Review-pxl_20230827_122140838.mp2.jpg

Last edited by graaja : 27th August 2023 at 20:53. Reason: Inserting pictures, minor typo
JoshVRider is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 21:38   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
Has any took the delivery of bike, surprising to see it is being listed on OLX in Hyderabad. Not sure on the reason behind his sale.
Deliveries have been going on for about 2 weeks now. Hyderabad was earliest if I remember correctly so someone is trying to flip it, I guess. He has listed it at 2.9, which sounds higher than it should be even for Hyderabad. Also, he has used stock images. Looks suspicious, might be trying to scalp.
Old 27th August 2023, 23:18   #566
BHPian

Got my motorcycle delivered today in Delhi by One Triumph, Naraina.

Delivered exactly after a week post full payment. Overall good sales experience from booking to final delivery (with some initial hiccups due to billing software delay).
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Speed 400 Review-img20230827wa0013.jpg  

Striker_wheels is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 04:26   #567
BHPian

Hello everyone. Got this message from Keerthi yesterday:

Quote:
"Dear Rider,

Your All New Triumph Speed 400 is allotted.

Requesting to walk in to our store at Residency Road and complete the payment/documentation at the earliest.

Please ignore if you have already completed the payment/documentation.

Regards
Team Keerthi"
Can someone help me with the amount that needs to be paid before PDI? Any experience here on getting Speed 400 delivery at Keerthi?

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th August 2023 at 05:38. Reason: Minor formatting edit.
Old 28th August 2023, 05:47   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker_wheels View Post
Got my motorcycle delivered today in Delhi by One Triumph, Naraina.

Delivered exactly after a week post full payment. Overall good sales experience from booking to final delivery (with some initial hiccups due to billing software delay).
Congratulation on the bike. I am also in the queue and I may get lucky this week. Just one question? How much did you pay as in total amount?
IshWish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 10:26   #569
BHPian

Good news for Bengaluru.

Triumph Speed 400 Review-f4ws0v_xgaapb.jpg

Source: Triumph X forum
Old 28th August 2023, 10:31   #570
Senior - BHPian

So took my bike to office today . Below are my observations of a ride of 12KMs:

1. As everyone said, the acceleration is awesome on this bike. You dont even realize when you hit 100 on this. Either there is a some speedo error or I'm not used to such timing on a bike

2. The fan kicked in at around 10KMs into the commute and then doing on-off depending on heat. When the fan kicked off, I could feel hot air on my knees. it was not bad but I could feel it for sure

3. The average FE shown at the end of the commute was around 36KMPL. Given I did not cross 100 and most of the times was doing 70-80 in 6th, I could see good number but its difficult to keep her under 100. Loved the office commute on a 2W after ages. I take my Octavia to office and so I'm not new to burst of quick acceleration but somehow on bike it felt different and different was good

4. In a bumper to bumper traffic, I feel the handlebar should have been a bit shorter. Wide handlebar + bar end mirrors + big turning radius is pain the stop and go traffic. I'm short (5'4") and that further escalated this feeling. May be in future, I will see if I can move to normal mirrors or shorten the handlebar by 2-3 inches

5. Overall, pretty happy with the purchase. The quality at this price point is top notch

6. Now all I need is a good riding gear before I start weekend rides!!!

Triumph Speed 400 Review-img_20230828_102935.jpg

In the office parking lot
neoonwheels is offline   (53) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks