Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2024, 15:40   #1786
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Saddling is effective for tackling obstacles one at a time. Rumble strips are not good for saddling.
Took it through one big bump while saddling and the bike bounced much higher than my Duke (assuming coz of suspension softness)
Old 29th July 2024, 14:07   #1787
BHPian

I went to the authorised dealer hoping to choose an alternate seat between the Scrambler type and the quilted Speed type.

Came back with neither as the Scrambler seat is made of the same material as the stock Speed seat, while the quilted seat is too costly at Rs. 8,500+.

I guess I'll make do with what I have for now.
Old 30th July 2024, 09:19   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post

4. In a bumper to bumper traffic, I feel the handlebar should have been a bit shorter. Wide handlebar + bar end mirrors + big turning radius is pain the stop and go traffic. I'm short (5'4") and that further escalated this feeling. May be in future, I will see if I can move to normal mirrors or shorten the handlebar by 2-3 inches
Hey, did you do anything about the handlebars?
Old 30th July 2024, 09:37   #1789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr07 View Post
Hey, did you do anything about the handlebars?
Nope, not yet. First attempt would be to replace handlebar mirrors to normal ones. If it does not help then will have to find a workshop which can do precision cutting of the handlebar
Old 30th July 2024, 09:39   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Nope, not yet. First attempt would be to replace handlebar mirrors to normal ones. If it does not help then will have to find a workshop which can do precision cutting of the handlebar
How do you think it compares to the Duke handlebars? if you have any idea
Old 31st July 2024, 19:24   #1791
BHPian

Bought the Speed 400 and drove it 60km to my home.

Few things, need suggestions on:

1. The handlebar is a little different from what I am used to. My palm started aching around 10-15mins after ride (two times I rode) and it got red fairly quickly. However, the longer I kept riding, the palm stopped aching. I am a little concerned because I have a wrist injury on the side that ached but hoping I would get used to this.

2. I hear a buzz at the front, like coins. Had the service center guy ride it and he said all good.

3. The suspension is on softest as recommended by both showroom and service people however, I found road undulations bouncy coming from a Duke. Too bouncy. I want to keep the suspension soft but might need to adjust it a bit. Any suggestions on what is a good range for a 65kg guy like me who rides mostly solo?

What levels are you guys keeping your suspensions at?

4. Tank gets hot. Normal?

4. The rider footpegs don't inspire confidence when saddling. Have to look for aftermarket alternatives. Any ideas?

Last edited by nr07 : 31st July 2024 at 19:34.
Old 1st August 2024, 12:32   #1792
Senior - BHPian

To the riders who have fitted aux lights on their speed 400, i would like to know about how the wiring was done on the bike. Any details, Pics, etc would be helpful.

Basis information from youtube, some have recommended to tap 12V from the OBD connector port, using a part of 6 pin connector cable, while some have tapped from the connector behing the headlight.

Also, are there any Bangalore based whatsapp group for Speed/Scrambler400?
Old 2nd August 2024, 19:35   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
To the riders who have fitted aux lights on their speed 400, i would like to know about how the wiring was done on the bike. Any details, Pics, etc would be helpful.

Basis information from Youtube, some have recommended to tap 12V from the OBD connector port, using a part of 6 pin connector cable, while some have tapped from the connector behing the headlight.

Hello Nasirkaka, if you've recently got your hands on a Speed 400, then welcome to the club...it would be interesting to know your thoughts/comparisons with other bikes in your garage.
I got Maddog scout x installed from HTRZ mods at BTM and they connected the power cable directly to the fuse under the seat. The OBD sensor connection was left alone.

I am away from the bike for a couple of days, so can't post a pic unfortunately.
Old 5th August 2024, 18:45   #1794

Quote:

Basis information from Youtube, some have recommended to tap 12V from the OBD connector port, using a part of 6 pin connector cable, while some have tapped from the connector behing the headlight.

You can check these lights which I have installed on my Speed 400. These are Tri-Color projector fog lamps. Very easy job of plug and play. The wire was tapped behind the headlight in the ignition socket. I have installed with the help of Pune Triumph Chinchwad branch. They refused to tap the wire on the OBD port. You can check it on the below link.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5744664 (Triumph Speed 400 Review)
Utkarsh_Govekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 11:28   #1795
Senior - BHPian

Hold on. I'm getting LED lights removed from my bikes are cops are levying heavy fines even with covers on
Quote:
To the riders who have fitted aux lights on their speed 400
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 15:36   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Nasirkaka, if you've recently got your hands on a Speed 400, then welcome to the club...it would be interesting to know your thoughts/comparisons with other bikes in your garage.
Thanks. I got the scrambler 400. Intent was to replace the ageing 310GS with this bike but after one week of riding it, i think this bike works better as replacing the Interceptor 650 than the 310GS.

What i like about the bike:
* Peppy engine
* Good low end ridability, dont have to shift gears frequently.
* Sounds better then some of the other 300-400 segment bikes.
* It is 15kgs heavier than 310GS, but feels and handles lighter, more flickable.
* Upright ergonomics.

What i dont like about the bike:
* Suspension is good compared to say interceptor, but not as good/supple as 310gs.
* Cant find comfortable position on the seat. I think there is a forward slope which is bothersome.
* The first two gears are very short, and even after 6th, one keeps searching for the 7th. Anyone tried front sprocket with an extra tooth?

Still in the running-in phase, so not pushing the bike too hard. Overall i am happy as it seems like a fun bike especially for daily commuting.

Quote:
You can check these lights which I have installed on my Speed 400. These are Tri-Color projector fog lamps. Very easy job of plug and play. The wire was tapped behind the headlight in the ignition socket. I have installed with the help of Pune Triumph Chinchwad branch. They refused to tap the wire on the OBD port. You can check it on the below link.
Thanks. I got the aux lights installed over this weekend. I have used two pair of lights with two separate harness. One is connected to OBD port and another is to the ignition behind the headlight. No stock wires tampered, cut or spliced. Have shared details and pictures on the Scrambler thread.

Quote:
Hold on. I'm getting LED lights removed from my bikes are cops are levying heavy fines even with covers on
Been hearing about the drive in Bangalore towards Aux lights. I commute every night 25-30 kms and the route is scary with stock lights. Most drivers are on high beam, there are no street lights, and roads are in bad shape with sharp drop on the shoulder at places. I am usually careful with usage so as to not blind the oncoming traffic. Lets see how it all goes.

Last edited by nasirkaka : 6th August 2024 at 15:52.
Old 6th August 2024, 16:00   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
* The first two gears are very short, and even after 6th, one keeps searching for the 7th. Anyone tried front sprocket with an extra tooth?
This guy has done it.

b16h22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 12:51   #1798
BHPian

Finally pulled the trigger and booked a black Speed 400 yesterday. Getting it in about a week's time. Liked the Scrambler too, but for my use case the Speed was a better fit (also the Speed comes with better road tyres and brakes straight out of the factory, not to mention lower weight and price).

Any pointers while taking delivery? What specific questions/points should I look for during PDI?

Last edited by Sudarshan42 : 13th August 2024 at 12:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks