Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2024, 21:31   #1771
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderX-Nfy View Post
First of all, I own a CB350 Hness from Dec 2022. I am quite happy with it. However, I would suggest Speed 400 over CB350 (I haven't ridden RS version, so my take is based on Hness) simply for its better pull, better handling and suspension, provided your city ride is of mixed stretches. If it is 90% bumper to bumper traffic, as some gentleman suggested, scooter is the best.

Myself has booked a Speed in Electronic City Showroom last week, for primarily my office commute in Bangalore. With CB350, you will have to do a lot more gear shifts. I did test rides of Maverick and CB300R. I could not stand the vibrations of Maverick, the mirror was blurry even at low speeds of 50-60 Km/h. Otherwise, I would have chosen this over speed, considering the wider service n/w and better fuel economy. CB300R was not for someone like me, with its too commited seating and very hard seat and uncomfortable suspension for Bangalore roads.

With Speed 400, I found something similar to CB350 H'ness in terms of ride comfort with a lot more torque in the low end (in fact, across the range).

BTW, I am a short guy at 5'2" and it was initially difficult to handle H'ness. Though Speed 400 specification quotes a seat height of 790 mm, I find it very similar to H'ness which has the height at 800 mm.
During the third week of June, I acquired Honda Hiness CB 350 and totally in love with it. The suspension set up and the engine, both are a bliss. Though the gearshift is frequent, but not that sore point which will irritate me. The biggest disappointment for Speed was it’s unnecessary heat on the shoe and foot pegs which is almost negligee in Hiness!
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 19:41   #1772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utkarsh_Govekar View Post
Aakash himself has good experience in handling big bikes and dirt bike Racing since 2 generations of his family. I am mentioning his adress below for reference.

Aakash Motors
S.No.34, Bhunde Wasti, on Oxford Golf Resort Road,
Bavdhan Bk, Pune-411021
Ph. 9403412335
https://maps.app.goo.gl/AUjtJJBDbC5xdC1S9
Hi Utkarsh, Is he an expert in fork and wheel alignment as well ? I have a Speed 400 as well and have been struggling with pull issues since months and SC hasnt been able to address it to my satisfaction even after 6 visits in 6 months. I feel heaviness on one side and as well handle discomfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh14 View Post
Hi All,
I am writing this post to share my recent experience with my bike and Triumph service centre. This might be a long post but I'd like to share some things not mentioned often here.
Hi Buddy,

Sorry to hear about the crash and glad to know that you didnt have much impact. I wanted to check with you the actual costs of the spares specifically, Handlebar, Cone Set, T Stem set and forks.

Mod Notes:

1. Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

2. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Thank you!

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th July 2024 at 23:10. Reason: Trimming quoted post and merging back to back posts.

Most Viewed