Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2024, 09:27   #391
BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson X440 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwin View Post
Got a call today from my x440 hero dealer on extended warranty. Following are the details shared. Is it worth taking?

Did anyone go for the same. I did not hear about this from Tusker Harley. Pricing looks lucrative . Any feedback or comments.

Last edited by Eddy : 9th June 2024 at 01:17. Reason: Shortening quotes for better readability
Old 13th May 2024, 09:56   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Did anyone go for the same. I did not hear about this from Tusker Harley. Pricing looks lucrative . Any feedback or comments.
Taking extended warranty means you need to get the bike serviced at the authorized service center on time for the entire time period of the warranty+extended warranty. One lapse in timely service is enough ground for them to not honor your extended warranty in case something goes wrong. See if you are willing for that kind of commitment before buying any extended warranty.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 10:15   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got a call today from my x440 hero dealer on extended warranty. Following are the details shared. Is it worth taking?

1. All electrical parts
2 technology parts
3.all sensors
4 This warranty is transferable to next owner
So you get the best prize for your bike cz bike under warranty .

Price --

5+3 Year's 9313

5+5 Year's 14025.
Its a no brainer especially for that period of time. The money is next to nothing. One claim will likely more than recover it. Read the fine print. Are multiple claims allowed over the years? Multiple claims for the same part/defect, or is there a limit/cap? On a Bullet I could easily spend that much on parts in a year, or max two. For manufacturers like Tata, Royal Enfield, Harley Davidson, with well chronicled shady reliability, extended warranty and AMCs are a rite of passage. I own a Bullet 500 and a Safari Storme. And both see a lot more garage and workshop time than all my other vehicles combined. Do take this in the right spirit of advice sincerity.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 13th May 2024 at 10:17.
ebonho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 11:12   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Its a no brainer especially for that period of time. The money is next to nothing. One claim will likely more than recover it. Read the fine print. Are multiple claims allowed over the years? Multiple claims for the same part/defect, or is there a limit/cap? On a Bullet I could easily spend that much on parts in a year, or max two. For manufacturers like Tata, Royal Enfield, Harley Davidson, with well chronicled shady reliability, extended warranty and AMCs are a rite of passage. I own a Bullet 500 and a Safari Storme. And both see a lot more garage and workshop time than all my other vehicles combined. Do take this in the right spirit of advice sincerity.

Cheers, Doc
Thanks, yes i have reached out to them and asked for details. There is another twist in this. The cost changes if the bike is over 3 months old. I asked them that if the end customer was not called, emailed or informed how would we get to know. Tusker harley said they will call back with details . Somehow the service and customer care expected from Tusker harley is not there. Probably time to look at other Premia dealership for better service and support.
Old 13th May 2024, 11:23   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, yes i have reached out to them and asked for details. There is another twist in this. The cost changes if the bike is over 3 months old.
Yes that too is standard. Tata has a proper table with pro-rated prices according to vehicle mileage. At least this way you get the opportunity. Everyone does. For a price. Imagine if the manufacturer told you that you either buy it at the time of purchase or not at all. Its similar to life or health insurance. The more the existing use, the higher the premium.

These offers are from the company. Not dealership specific. Your Tusker guy never told you about it, in the hurry to close the sale. Or not wanting to add to the purchase price, and bag a customer thinking he's gotten a cheaper deal, without realizing the missing item (not offered). No fault of the company.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 13th May 2024 at 11:27.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 12:44   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Taking extended warranty means you need to get the bike serviced at the authorized service center on time for the entire time period of the warranty+extended warranty. One lapse in timely service is enough ground for them to not honor your extended warranty in case something goes wrong. See if you are willing for that kind of commitment before buying any extended warranty.
Few updates. Extended warranty is valid throughout India and you will get service at any Hero or Harley dealership. 9312/- for 5Yrs +3Yrs - 100000 Km and 14024/- 5Yrs + 5Yrs. 120000 Km.Apart from wear and tear parts clutch, tyres and brake pad everything else is covered during the period. If any part fails under extended warranty replacement is free of cost.

Last edited by Dushie : 13th May 2024 at 12:49.
Dushie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 17:45   #397

Quote:
Few updates. Extended warranty is valid throughout India and you will get service at any Hero or Harley dealership. 9312/- for 5Yrs +3Yrs - 100000 Km and 14024/- 5Yrs + 5Yrs. 120000 Km.Apart from wear and tear parts clutch, tyres and brake pad everything else is covered during the period. If any part fails under extended warranty replacement is free of cost.
I got call from my hero dealer on 30th April that "the warranty offer is only till April end". As there was no option for paying online, I called Capital Harley Gurgaon to enquire about this. They indicated the price will increase if taken in May. As there was online payment option available with them, I took the 5 year one from Capital Harley. Apart from the service plan document, the ESP terms were shared. Sharing the document here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf x440 extended warranty - ESP Term Conditions.pdf (506.3 KB, 69 views)
tkwin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 19:33   #398
BHPian

Quote:
I got call from my hero dealer on 30th April that "the warranty offer is only till April end". As there was no option for paying online, I called Capital Harley Gurgaon to enquire about this. They indicated the price will increase if taken in May. As there was online payment option available with them, I took the 5 year one from Capital Harley. Apart from the service plan document, the ESP terms were shared. Sharing the document here.
I am also planning to go for the same.
Old 23rd May 2024, 15:17   #399

My local dealership has a stock of three Harley X440s (manufactured in February). Since my old Bullet is almost 10 years old, I'm thinking about purchasing a 400cc+ motorcycle.

Therefore I need some suggestions:

1. Is the front suspension of the Harley X440 really bad? I mean there are many reviewers complaining about short travel of the suspension. As I'm from a place where even Highways have pretty share of bad patches, I'm a bit concerned about it.

2. If I go for the x440, what do you suggest, should I go for one from the old stock or should I order a newly manufactured one?

3. Considering I'm also planning to buy a car, would it be more beneficial to keep my old Bullet (with only 35,000 km on the odometer) as a secondary vehicle, instead of going for a new motorcycle?

Waiting for your valuable replies !
ShamratHz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 11:13   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamratHz View Post
My local dealership has a stock of three Harley X440s (manufactured in February). Since my old Bullet is almost 10 years old, I'm thinking about purchasing a 400cc+ motorcycle.

Waiting for your valuable replies !
The front suspension bottoms out when you hit any pothole at high speeds. If the highways you frequent is filled with potholes, it can be a nuisance for sure.

In my opinion, if you are buying a car and unsure whether to upgrade your aging bullet, you should decide on the bike upgrade basis your expected usage of the bike. If you are not adding much kms, then it might not make sense to upgrade your bullet unless the bullet is in bad condition.
Thmh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 17:09   #401
BHPian

Quote:
3. Considering I'm also planning to buy a car, would it be more beneficial to keep my old Bullet (with only 35,000 km on the odometer) as a secondary vehicle, instead of going for a new motorcycle?
Imo you should.focus on getting the car first since you already have a motorcycle.
Once you have owned a car for a few months, you will know your reasons to upgrade or to keep the current bike. The reason why I said this: Normally, once someone starts using a car, they tend to use bikes only when they don't have an option. Waiting to know how you actually use a bike after getting a car will help in deciding which option to choose.

Hope this helps!
dkar228 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 10:23   #402

Quote:
1. Is the front suspension of the Harley X440 really bad? I mean there are many reviewers complaining about short travel of the suspension. As I'm from a place where even Highways have pretty share of bad patches, I'm a bit concerned about it.

2. If I go for the x440, what do you suggest, should I go for one from the old stock or should I order a newly manufactured one?

Hope I can help you with your decision.
1. The front suspension is really good. It gets bottomed out only in case of high speed (>30kmph) hit of potholes or speed breakers. You can’t compare the suspension travel with a proper adventure bike but far better than the rest.
2. I am not sure, how old the stock you are talking about. There is no change in fit/finish/quality of the bike other than the few initial lot. So, again doesn’t matter, if it’s 1-2 months old.
3. Purely depends on your preference and purpose of owning the bike. If you are using the bullet only for 5-10km commute daily, then it doesn’t make sense to upgrade. But, of you are planning weekend tours along with regular rides then I would suggest to go ahead. I own an HDx440 and XUV700, both bought recently. And it completely fits my purse. I prefer to commute to office on weekdays on my bike and prefer weekend rides or drives depending on, if my family coming with me. Rides and Drives shouldn’t be compared. Both have their own pleasure, relaxation and advantages. Please decide accordingly.

Last edited by graaja : 1st June 2024 at 11:11. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only a small or relevant part of a post
Old 1st June 2024, 13:28   #403

Quote:
Hope I can help you with your decision.

1. The front suspension is really good. It gets bottomed out only in case of high speed (>30kmph) hit of potholes or speed breakers. You can’t compare suspension travel with a proper adventure bike but far better than the rest.

2. I am not sure, how old the stock you are talking about. There is no change in fit/finish/quality of the bike other than the few initial lot. So, again doesn’t matter, if it’s 1-2 months old.

3. Purely depends on your preference and purpose of owning the bike. If you are using the bullet only for 5-10km commute daily, then it doesn’t make sense to upgrade. But, of you are planning weekend tours along with regular rides then I would suggest to go ahead. I own an HDx440 and XUV700, both bought recently. And it completely fits my purse. I prefer to commute to office on weekdays on my bike and prefer weekend rides or drives depending on, if my family coming with me. Rides and Drives shouldn’t be compared. Both have their own pleasure, relaxation and advantages. Please decide accordingly.

Last edited by Eddy : 9th June 2024 at 01:18. Reason: Quote content trimmed & spacing for better readability
CoreDeduction is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 22:37   #404

I am facing a peculiar problem with my 6-month-old X440.

If the bike is parked under the sun (> 40 deg C temp, Delhi) for 1-2 hours, I am facing starting troubles. Today was the third time I faced this issue.

The first time when it happened 2 weeks ago, trying cranking a couple of times helped. The 2nd time it happened around a week before, I noticed if I opened the throttle a bit it started.

Today even after trying a couple of times and then trying with a bit throttle opened, it did not help. I moved to a shady area and tried after couple of mins, it started then. I checked the battery voltage on the console when it was not starting and it looked fine at 12.6V. But when it was not starting and I was cranking, think it was dropping to even around 11.4. Even after cranking 8-10 times, the battery voltage was becoming stable at 12.6V as per the console. Could it be battery related but how come then moving to shade helps here. Also this issue is observed only when bike is parked under the sun and not otherwise. I'll be checking up on this with the service center during the upcoming 2nd service. Did anyone else face a similar issue?

Last edited by Eddy : 9th June 2024 at 01:19. Reason: Typos corection
Old 17th July 2024, 20:21   #405
BHPian

Can anybody log into the Hero app anymore? I got logged out automatically and now it says 'vin not found'. Also can't find the x440 listing either on the Hero website or the HD app. Is this ominous? Any workaround?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks