Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2024, 13:02   #331
BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson X440 Review

Any update on common issues or issues during first service etc now that there are many in the forum who might have finished good kms on the x440?
Old 20th January 2024, 12:58   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brio2014 View Post
Any update on common issues or issues during first service etc now that there are many in the forum who might have finished good kms on the x440?
Driven around 150 kms. I am still waiting for the number to come . They delayed the registration process, finally after follow up got the sms for tax paid with no. The RC is not yet generated so looks like will have to wait more. Got a message that they are organising an India ride and have asked to register for the event on 28th January. Not sure without the no plates I would be able to join in the event.
Dushie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 15:11   #333
BHPian

Did the first Bangalore ride for X440 today drove a total of 200 odd kms . The experience was great, met many fellow x440 owners from Bangalore. In all there were around 50+ folks.
Old 30th January 2024, 16:10   #334

Got this msg yesterday from the dealer from where I got my X440. Called and found that its some software update. Anyone else got any similar update? Aren't software updates supposed to get installed itself via HD-Connect app delivery (or possibly via e-sim for top model). How to check whats the latest firmware available for, say, S variant so that I can compare version with the one currently installed.

======

Dear Valued Customer,

Greetings from Hero MotoCorp!

We are pleased to inform you that we have released a new hardware update for your Harley Davidson X440. This hardware update will enhance the battery performance and safety of your vehicle.

To replace the involved part, you can visit the below mentioned Hero MotoCorp authorized service centre. The update process will take about 30 minutes and will not affect your vehicle’s warranty.

Sincerely,
======
Old 30th January 2024, 19:52   #335
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwin View Post
Got this msg yesterday from the dealer from where I got my X440. Called and found that its some software update. Anyone else got any similar update? Aren't software updates supposed to get installed itself via HD-Connect app delivery (or possibly via e-sim for top model). How to check whats the latest firmware available for, say, S variant so that I can compare version with the one currently installed.

======

Dear Valued Customer,

Greetings from Hero MotoCorp!

We are pleased to inform you that we have released a new hardware update for your Harley Davidson X440. This hardware update will enhance the battery performance and safety of your vehicle.

To replace the involved part, you can visit the below mentioned Hero MotoCorp authorized service centre. The update process will take about 30 minutes and will not affect your vehicle’s warranty.

Sincerely,
======
It says hardware update and that will mean physical presence at the service center. Isnt it?

Regards
Bharath
Old 30th January 2024, 20:10   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a call from RK Krishna Auto Bangalore. They have bikes readily available. In case anyone wants to checkout and purchase. I got a call as my name was still in their system as a booking.
Old 31st January 2024, 00:23   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Got a call from RK Krishna Auto Bangalore. They have bikes readily available. In case anyone wants to checkout and purchase. I got a call as my name was still in their system as a booking.
Good to know. My mails and calls to HD helpline and local Bimal Hero dealer are going nowhere. I was told the vehicle will be dispatched between 15th and 28th of Jan but haven't got any communication yet. Getting the dealer changed is also not very straight forward with HD. Somehow, i dont have the same enthusiasm that i had last year, so not following up aggressively. I might just cancel my booking!
Old 3rd February 2024, 08:30   #338
BHPian

Finally received confirmation yesterday that my bike has arrived. Will be going down to the showroom today to talk to the executive and complete the payment formalities. Its been a long wait from July 29th, 2023 to this day!

Planning for the following accessories:

1. Engine guard
2. Sump guard
3. Main stand
4. Touring seat.

The executive said they have some accessories in stock. Lets see if they can provide all. Else, may need to pop down to Tuskar Harley and pick up.
Does anybody have a picture of the touring seat? Also, is there a master list of accessories for X440? I searched online but can't find anywhere
Old 4th February 2024, 00:03   #339
BHPian

What is the IDV value of the insurance for your bikes? I am planning to get it from outside.
Old 4th February 2024, 14:21   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwin View Post
Got this msg yesterday from the dealer from where I got my X440. Called and found that its some software update. Anyone else got any similar update?
======
Yes, the showroom did call me and ask to visit for the change. I did not get a chance to visit them as of yet. May go next week.
HDx440Life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 18:12   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brio2014 View Post
I faced air leak issue in rear tyre(around 1-1.5 psi reduces daily via air leak between rim and tyre ie rim leak) since day one. Had to leave bike at Harley Gurgaon service center for couple of days for observation and fixing this. They indicated Hero team will come and check (not sure if it it was really attended by some team from hero). Its fine now. Asked them if anyone else had reported similar issue. Looks like no.
Old 4th February 2024, 18:16   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
What is the IDV value of the insurance for your bikes? I am planning to get it from outside.
Its Rs 265525 for me in Delhi. Should be similar elsewhere
tkwin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 00:21   #343
BHPian

Has anyone got PPF done for their bike? My bike will be ready by Friday or Saturday. Thinking of getting PPF for metal tank and side inserts. Does the accessories list include some rubber insert on the tank to prevent scratches?
Old 11th February 2024, 00:13   #344
BHPian

Finally took delivery of my bike today. Delivery was at Bimal Motors Bytrayanapura. The whole delivery felt so sad! My weekly bigbasket delivery person is more excited to deliver groceries! Harley clearly needs more work on premium experience. The 'hero' way does NOT work for such a high priced (relatively) product with the HD badge.

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-1_face_masked.jpg

Anyway, the bike is nice. Drove through mad hebbal traffic to Tuskar Harley and got the following accessories installed:

1. Engine guard
2. Bash plate
3. Main stand
4. Touring seat.

Will add PPF on Monday. Haven't taken HOG or road side assistance. Has anyone taken these 2? Is it worth it?

Overall feeling is good. Got a good workout for my wrist and palm in bumper to bumper traffic at Hebbal junction. Clearly, this bike does not like it. There was some heat felt on my legs but nothing too bad.

Does anyone know about break in period? The user manual just explains all the features of the bike without going into riding and breaking-in of the bike. Anyway, keeping below 4K rpm till about 500-750kms.

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 11th February 2024 at 00:14.
naveenvenkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 09:10   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Finally took delivery of my bike today. Delivery was at Bimal Motors Bytrayanapura.

Will add PPF on Monday. Haven't taken HOG or road side assistance. Has anyone taken these 2? Is it worth it?

Overall feeling is good. Got a good workout for my wrist and palm in bumper to bumper traffic at Hebbal junction. Clearly, this bike does not like it. There was some heat felt on my legs but nothing too bad.

Does anyone know about break in period? The user manual just explains all the features of the bike without going into riding and breaking-in of the bike. Anyway, keeping below 4K rpm till about 500-750kms.
Congratulations, enjoy your ride. Keep it below 4K rpm till first service for break in. Most have not taken HOG and roadside, few have, you can take HOG membership later also. Some also have done insurance also from outside on their own.Backrest is essential, still waiting for official accessory to come out. Else most folks have got it installed from Royal customs as they have many accessories available.

Last edited by Dushie : 11th February 2024 at 09:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks