Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2023, 06:59   #271
BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson X440 Review

I also got the mail. For July 5th booking:

As per our production plan, your Harley-Davidson X440 is estimated to be dispatched between 22 Oct 2023 - 07 Nov 2023.

I think the mailers are being sent to everyone. If people who booked by end of July are getting only by Jan of 2024, the current opened booking will take much longer.
Old 18th October 2023, 07:44   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

I also got the mail with the message that the bike is expected to be dispatched between 2nd and 21st October. So I hope that it is already dispatched and on the way/reached the dealership as part of the first batches. Hopefully will get the intimation from the dealer soon. Planning to directly go visit this weekend.

While the timing has worked out for me, disappointing to see the delivery timelines being quoted. Delivery in January for someone who has booked in the first month is way too slow. Especially from a company like Hero which churns out almost a million two wheelers a month. They should have ramped up to clear the initial 25000 bookings in the first 2 months of deliveries starting at the very least. They have had enough time to prepare for it and definitely have the capability to do it.

The other aspect is that Hero Harley seem to be assuming that all 25000 odd bookings will actually translate which will not be the case. Am sure there will be large number of cancellations. Need to see how it is going to be managed. I think like the Triumph 400, it will soon become - 'If you have booked the bike, can make immediate payments, you can take delivery'.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 19:39   #273
BHPian

My friend in Pune who booked on day 1 got his X440 delivered today!
Old 18th October 2023, 20:56   #274

I had booked on the 1st day around 8 PM & got mail just today that it will be delivered between 15th october to 28th october & i will be told about date & location of delivery by an executive. I had chosen my preferred dealer by that logic why would they be telling me about location of my delivery ?
Old 19th October 2023, 00:45   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
Did you send a query asking them about the delivery or they have sent this by themselves? I have not received any email so far.
I didn't send any query. From the looks of it, seems like a mass email campaign to all perspective customers who have booked, ofcourse in the order of booking.

Looking at the number of booking and the delivery schedule, i guess Hero has about 5k production capacity. From the day that i booked (July 29th) to the upper limit of the dispatch schedule (Jan 28th), it is exactly 6 months. Also, in the mail, the latest 'dispatch' date is Jan 28th. So delivery might be in Feb!
naveenvenkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 23:06   #276
BHPian

The timeframe communicated to dealers will actually finish sooner. We have already delivered to customers who were marked for 1st week of November. If we get the dispatch as expected, we will have delivered customers marked for December 1st week in November 1st week.

Offline bookings can now be done from the dealership, don't expect HD X440 to be available for ready delivery for a while.
kumarshah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 23:23   #277
BHPian

Took delivery of my X440 delivery today at Vijayawada..

Transported the bike to hometown 150kms, will share more photos and experience tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails
Harley-Davidson X440 Review-20231019_140824.jpg  

sumosari is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 08:21   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumosari View Post

Transported the bike to hometown 150kms, will share more photos and experience tomorrow
Congratulations sumosari for your new ride!

This makes two BHPians to own the x440 till date.

Hope the bike is really good and wish you the niggle free ownership!
Selective is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 15:47   #279
BHPian

Just now got a first call from HD and informed that my expected delivery date is 1st week of March 2024. Booked the bike on 3rd Aug'23, delivery is after 7 months, looks like a bummer.
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 17:59   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
Just now got a first call from HD and informed that my expected delivery date is 1st week of March 2024. Booked the bike on 3rd Aug'23, delivery is after 7 months, looks like a bummer.
I didn’t receive any communication (email or phone call) yet, but this is applicable to me as well, as I have booked the bike on 3rd August’23. Even if there are cancellations and increase in production capacity, I wouldn’t expect the delivery before end of January’24.

Till then the new owners can keep us calm by sharing your experience regularly
Old 21st October 2023, 11:09   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumosari View Post
Congratulations! By the way the run-in period is a pain as they expect us to ride below 3500 rpm the first 800km!
HDx440Life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 14:48   #282
BHPian

Had called RT Krishna Autos (Hero showroom) today and the truck had just reached and they were unloading the bikes.
The bikes will be available for display and TD from tomorrow evening onwards. They have promised a tentative delivery of Oct 27th for me. I am somewhere the 30-35th in the list of deliveries from this dealer.
gearless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 12:39   #283

I believe the delivery timelines depends on the variant as well. Somewhere I had read that 65% of the 25000 + bookings are for the top model. Hence it seems the delay in the delivery. I had booked Vivid Red color on 29 July at Tusker Harley in Bengaluru and got a call from them on Saturday saying they are allocating me a bike and this week I can visit and start the formalities.
Old 23rd October 2023, 15:02   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

I wanted to do another test ride and headed to Hero showroom at Marathahalli Bangalore-Vayuratha Motors on Saturday. Since it was on the ORR and considering it was a long weekend and very little traffic, hoped to do a good test drive. There was no one else waiting, Unfortunately they refused to let me go on the main carriageway and said I can only do the test drive on the service road, I could even go on the interior roads, but cannot go on the main road. This was disappointing. Good thing was that there was no one waiting and the SA handed me the bike and went away- So I went multiple rounds in the path they mentioned- It did have a straight with no traffic, so was able to rev it a bit also. Did one round with my wife also and she was fairly comfortable.

Overall, while the bike did everything it was expected to and I did not have anything to complain about, I was still not fully convinced about it. In any case, stepped out with the thought that this is the best option that I like currently and I am probably overthinking about the 'X factor' I expect and hence will go ahead with the purchase.

Then on the way back, I casually stopped at a KTM showroom-I don't know why, there I saw the KTM Adventure 390- A bike I barely knew existed. 10 min with it, and a longish test ride later and 'everything just changed'. Just naturally felt-this is the bike for me. Whatever I felt missing with the X440 and the Triumph 400(my top 2 contenders), seemed to get corrected with this.

Have decided to go ahead with the Adventure 390 and will be cancelling the Harley booking soon.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 23rd October 2023 at 15:04.
Rajeevraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 02:07   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Have decided to go ahead with the Adventure 390 and will be cancelling the Harley booking soon.
Congratulations Rajeev! I too am torn between the Scrambler 400 and the KTM ADVs.

Just wanted to know a few things -
  1. For your height was the X440 a bit short ?
  2. Which version of the 390 ADv did you go with ?
  3. Is the 390 ADV manageable in Bangalore traffic ?
  4. did you face any heating issue on your TD ?
I too had never given KTM a second thought because of the "Dukes" on our roads
Carfool_Wheeler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks