Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2023, 17:58   #166
BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson X440 Review

Just now I got the greeting card from Harley, after all, this is the only communication I got post booking the bike, nothing much value add though.

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-photo_20230830_175716.jpg

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-photo_20230830_175711.jpg

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-photo_20230830_175706.jpg

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-photo_20230830_175659.jpg
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 00:25   #167
BHPian

Does anyone know if the display bikes reached the selected Hero showrooms in Bangalore? Till couple of weeks back, it was available only in the HD showroom.

Also has anyone got calls regarding TD? The mail had mentioned TD will start in Sep.

I have an active booking for H'ness and waiting for the x440 test ride to decide between both. Finding it tough to keep evading the Honda sales guy as they have got the variant that I wanted in stock now.
Old 3rd September 2023, 09:20   #168
BHPian

Got this on WhatsApp now.

To schedule your test ride visit either www.harley-davidsonx440.com/test-ride.html or book via downloading the H-D Connect App using the link below.

I have booked for Saturday evening test ride. Only Tusker Harley is available in Bangalore and as it is far for me, I will have to wait till weekend.
Old 3rd September 2023, 10:28   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post
Got this on WhatsApp now.

To schedule your test ride visit either www.harley-davidsonx440.com/test-ride.html or book via downloading the H-D Connect App using the link below.

I have booked for Saturday evening test ride. Only Tusker Harley is available in Bangalore and as it is far for me, I will have to wait till weekend.
Even I received the message! But, when I try to book the test ride, it shows all slots are booked till 10th September or just everything is grayed out till 10th!!
Old 3rd September 2023, 10:50   #170
Senior - BHPian

Maharashtra is not yet showing up in the scheduling page. Also, only one dealership for whole state! This looks worse than Triumph coverage. I thought it was going to be sold and serviced via some Hero showrooms too.
Old 3rd September 2023, 13:38   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Also, only one dealership for whole state! This looks worse than Triumph coverage. I thought it was going to be sold and serviced via some Hero showrooms too.
When I spoke to Hero dealer yesterday, they said the test rides will start in Harley showrooms first. After 2-3 weeks, it will start from the Hero showrooms.
Old 3rd September 2023, 14:16   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

I attempted to book almost as soon as the message arrived. By then the weekend slots were showing as full. Have got a slot for Friday. Hopefully will be able to go and more importantly the test rides will actually happen.
Old 3rd September 2023, 23:42   #173
BHPian

What a joke!. I haven't got any message yet. I just chanced upon the message in the earlier post but now no slots are available. I was hoping to test ride this before Sep 15 where my S400 discount goes away. Can't imagine just 1 dealer for the whole state! As it is, I am a bit lukewarm for the bike, what with 190+ Kgs weight and 3.64L on road. These fastest finger first experience for even test ride is souring the experience even further. Shouldn't preference be given to folks who have already booked?

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 3rd September 2023 at 23:56.
Old 4th September 2023, 06:30   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
These fastest finger first experience for even test ride is souring the experience even further. Shouldn't preference be given to folks who have already booked?
As per Harley, Test Rides are available for only those who have booked. Although they don't verify that in the test ride booking. So it is actually 'fastest finger first' among those who have booked. Fairly strange approach
Old 4th September 2023, 08:20   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
As per Harley, Test Rides are available for only those who have booked. Although they don't verify that in the test ride booking. So it is actually 'fastest finger first' among those who have booked. Fairly strange approach
I tried booking with my wife's phone. It didn't allow saying test rides are only for customers with booking. So there have a check on the mobile number used for booking atleast. I plan to walk into the showroom either today or Wednesday during the first half and see if i can get a test ride.

Does anybody know the process for cancelling the booking?
Old 4th September 2023, 08:50   #176
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

The Harley was launched a day before the Triumph. Availability was supposed to be one of the plus points of the Harley since it was supposed to be sold at both Harley and Hero showrooms.

My Triumph is getting delivered tomorrow and Harley can't even do test rides till now.

I went to the Harley showroom in Nashik a month after my Triumph Test Ride and they didn't even have a display bike. When I asked what I should do, the guy tells me to go to Mumbai to see the bike.

By Comparison, the Triumph showroom in Pune has had at least 10 bikes including display and TR bikes for over a month now. Anyone can walk in and get a TR. It was not even a big deal last time I went there.

Harley is not an up and coming startup that they cannot supply test ride bikes to their 30 odd dealerships in well over a month. I have TRed a bunch of bikes (from the Ather to the Continental GT 650) and I also wanted to TR the 440x before I finalize my bike but I turns out it's not to be.
antz.bin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 23:04   #177
BHPian

Visited Tuskar HD today after taking a longish test ride of the Speed 400 nearby. The test rides have started and there were couple of burgundy HD 440s available for test ride.
The person asked me if i had selected the slot but i told him i haven't received any communication yet. He was gracious and asked me to wait.

There was one more person waiting for test ride. After about 10-15 mins of wait, I got the test ride. Before the test ride, i was explained all the controls.

The ride was fantastic. I got Classic 350 vibes (thats a good thing!)
HD 440 has adequate power and can pull cleanly. The ride was not long, about 3-4 kms but was enough to convince me to hold onto the booking.

The guy at the dealership mentioned more than a couple of times that they are open to providing longer test rides once they receive more bikes. As per him, these bikes were loaner from HD and not from the dealership. They are doing about 80 testrides per day across 2 bikes.

Deliveries will commence from 2nd Oct. The bikes themselves were a lot better than the display bike inside the showroom. The cables that were prominent on the display bike were well hidden on the production bike. Overall build quality was excellent. There was that new vehicle smell as well
The burgundy colour was looking smashing. Too bad it is not available on the top end. Would love to get it on the top end model.Or i might just buy the middle variant also.
Overall, i was really impressed with the bike and experience. So much so that i have cancelled my triumph booking. The experience was several notches above the dump called Keerthi Triumph!
Will take 1-2 more longer test rides on the HD. My wife was also riding pillion today so we got to compare both Speed 400 and HD 440X back to back. She was a lot more comfortable on the HD.
Can't wait for more test rides and eventual delivery
naveenvenkatesh is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 23:31   #178
BHPian

The following video confirms that smartphone connected features (including turn by turn navigation, music controls etc) are standard in the X440.

So the earlier confusion can be put to rest.

It would be great to hear the test ride experience from those who have booked it and have got a chance at it. That would help a prospective buyer.

Last edited by Waspune : 4th September 2023 at 23:37.
Old 5th September 2023, 16:50   #179
Senior - BHPian

Harley-Davidson X440 deliveries to begin from October.

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-20230905_165024.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 19:10   #180
BHPian

Tried booking for a slot for test ride , unfortunately, it shows all slots as booked for me. Not able to book any slots till 12th Sep. No further dates opened to book a slot. Wondering whats going on.

Harley-Davidson X440 Review-hd-time-slot.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks