Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2023, 10:07   #61
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 and Scrambler 400 X unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
Most probably Jan 2024. Unofficial news from dealers.
Deliveries are expected as early as August '23 in India! Pre-book to have the advantage, it's fully refundable as mentioned. I know riders who have booked both the bikes and will decide on one after a test ride!

More technical talks from Bennetts BikeSocial
Some more differences are discussed here between the 2 flavors of the bikes.

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 30th June 2023 at 10:08.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 11:29   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post

Congratulations, which colour have you booked?
Thanks, I have booked the Red one. The second preference would be black. The blue is kind of meh IMO Will check in person and decide.

Quote:
Heartiest congratulations. Hope you stick to your decision till the final booking is confirmed.
Ha ha, hope so! On paper, it seems like an ideal bike for my needs, however, it was kind of an impulsive decision to book. I had similarly booked the Ultraviolette last year in November but then canceled it after finding out the later release date and lack of local presence here in Pune (as of 2022). Anyway, I would prefer the new Triumph to be available during monsoons, so hope it's not going to be a long wait. Will decide after the Team-BHP review and getting clarity on the release date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Deliveries are expected as early as August '23 in India! Pre-book to have the advantage, it's fully refundable as mentioned.
That sounds like music to my ears. This would be perfect for me. Thanks for the update.

Last edited by MandarMax : 30th June 2023 at 11:36. Reason: Updated based on Suraj's post
MandarMax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 11:59   #63
BHPian

I just hope that the irritating Triumph insistence on pulling in the Clutch in order to start the bike won't be there in these two.
Old 30th June 2023, 16:08   #64
BHPian

It's a safety feature, which is now available in almost all the Cars. It is possible that by oversight, even an experienced rider also can commit the mistake of starting in gear.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 18:07   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
parrys will be attending media rides for his own auto portal, hence that post.
Thanks for the lead. Will surely follow for more first hand details...

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Deliveries are expected as early as August '23 in India!
I have my doubts. August deliveries of a bike which is being unveiled on 5th July is quite unlikely. I hope the showrooms which Triumph-Bajaj is promising to open up happens by then. Or else, the August deliveries will be limited to the existing 16/17 odd Triumph showrooms which will be disappointing for a lot of prospective buyers.
aviator1101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 18:23   #66
BHPian

Quote:
I have my doubts. August deliveries of a bike which is being unveiled on 5th July is quite unlikely. I hope the showrooms which Triumph-Bajaj is promising to open up happens by then. Or else, the August deliveries will be limited to the existing 16/17 odd Triumph showrooms which will be disappointing for a lot of prospective buyers.
Likely they will replicate the KTM strategy. Bajaj's retail wing seems to be heavily inspired by McDonalds . Don't own the products; own the real estate. They already have strategic agreements with dealers and also own commercial properties. So it will be mostly shuffling of spaces rather than scouting for new showroom areas.

Last edited by Axe77 : 30th June 2023 at 18:51. Reason: Fixing broken quote tag
virajvroom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 20:20   #67
Senior - BHPian

This has all it takes to be a hole shot, the brand, the specs, the design, the audience it's tagetted for. My bets, this will hover around a launch price of 3.65 to 3.75 ex-showroom for a base variant, if there is. Triumph being Triumph may price the base variant without certain expensive accessories and price it accordingly for the higher variants.

Seems quite a lot of input from KTM-tech too has been sinisterly made its way to this lovely looking 400, DLC coated finger followers, to make the valve train as strain free as possible. All said and done, my first ride on the Thruxton/T1200. The thing was smooth, pulled like the Union Pacific Big Boy and boy it was fun. Those beautiful mild-golden headers, always been my favorite, have a charm of their own. A motorhead will know it's a Triumph just by looking at those headers from afar.

Can't wait to see it in flesh.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 23:17   #68
BHPian

Guys, just checked the specs on the triumph website and the wheelbase seems 1377mm and 1418mm for the speed 400 and scrambler 400 resp.

Trident 660 and Tiger sport 660 have wheelbase of 1407mm and 1418mm resp.

Every review (t-bhp ownership review included) found the Trident to be 'compact'. Q is - Where does that leave the speed 400 then?
Old 30th June 2023, 23:51   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Every review (t-bhp ownership review included) found the Trident to be 'compact'. Q is - Where does that leave the speed 400 then?
The 400’s should be compact for the category. Think KTM Duke 390 and you get the picture. The Speed 400 looks quite proportionate except for the exhaust which could have been sleeker.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 07:17   #70

I have booked both the Speed 400 in Red and Scrambler 400x in Khaki green. Given I am at 6 foot tall, the scrambler feels like a better fit but I the overall looks of Speed with thr 17th road focussed tyres. Will try out when the bikes are available for TD and decide.
Crank270 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 11:31   #71
BHPian

If I end up getting one these bikes, the first thing I'll do is wrap those gaudy looking golden USD forks in black.
evil_grin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 13:47   #72
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Very hypothetical question: If I book it the day the review embargos lift (July 14th) what do you think the waiting period would then look like? 1-2 months or like 6 months? Anyone knows what the production numbers look like? Any more details?
Old 2nd July 2023, 23:45   #73
BHPian

I received a call on Saturday from Triumph Pune which is B U Bhandari, Pashan Road regarding my booking.

They told me both bikes should be available for test rides after 15th July. There is a dealer-level launch event and people who have booked in advance are invited. IIRC he said the event would be scheduled sometime between the 15th to 27th of July.

Deliveries are expected to begin after a month or so. The tentative price would be between 3.5 - 4 lacs for Street 400 and 4.2 - 5 lacs for the Scrambler. Didn't ask whether that is ex-showroom or OTR pricing. I guess we will find out soon enough on 5th July.

When I booked through the Triumph website on Thursday last week, I was a little unsure whether the booking would end up with a Triumph dealer or a Bajaj / Bajaj-Triumph dealer, and I am glad that it went to the Triumph dealer - B U Bhandari which has a good reputation.

Looking forward to checking out the bikes in person soon!

Have others received similar calls yet?
MandarMax is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 23:48   #74
BHPian

Beautifully designed bikes. These look like they truly pay homage rather than simply trying to imitate which is the usual failure of many entry-level bikes that try to tap into their premium counterparts’ brand value.

IF these solve the major irritants with the KTM 390s - that lousy gearing and clutch with its lugging at the bottom end, and can give one a good, clean shifting experience along with better torque and all-round city ride-ability low down (and the numbers seem to indicate that they will), I’ll be all over it like white on rice!

That scrambler really looks the business, even though the new 390 Adv clearly has far superior suspension. 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, I’d happily take the bike which is better to ride in traffic considering most of us have to grind through it to even get to any trails. Will happily pay a decent premium over the 390s too.

Waiting and watching eagerly.

Last edited by RT13 : 2nd July 2023 at 23:50.
RT13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 07:48   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Have pre-booked the Speed 400. Since it was INR 2000 and fully refundable, went ahead and put a booking in place. Final decision will be post the test drives, pricing and also expert reviews. On paper the bikes have everything I had been waiting for. Need to see where it goes.

Also looking forward to the Harley X440 launch today.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks