Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2023, 19:47   #346
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 and Scrambler 400 X unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baristyro View Post
Reading the RC390 and Speed 400 torque curves, I don't see much similarity.

At 2500-2600rpm:
RC390: 6 lb-ft = 8.13 Nm
Speed400: 27 n-m
That's 3 times the low end torque on Speed 400 relative to RC390.
Below 3000 rpm, curve is broken, so graphical calculation may mislead as manufacturer usually exaggerate where ever they can.
What we can make out is that torque is reducing sharply. That is why the claim of having more than 30Nm torque above 3000rpm only.
I would be more than happy if it delivers 15Nm of torque at 1500rpm
I really hope your expectations come true.
ajay0612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 22:52   #347
BHPian

Just checking if anyone has seen this bike in real. Did it feel plasticy?
Basically comparing with our RE and Hness
Old 9th July 2023, 23:00   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post

- Ergonomics - The Highness has such sorted out ergonomics, both for the rider and the pillion. Everything from the rider triangle, the position of the pillion footpegs, the seat, the lean angle is just perfect for me. It is only on 500 km days that I feel that it is too much.
- Fuel tank and mileage - Though the capacity is 15, you can fill in more and I can literally do a Bangalore - Kanyakumari with just 1 tank and a popup
- Suspension - I've found the suspension to be extremely well sorted, handles any kind of road and even the infamous rumblers of Bangalore easily.
- Service - Honda service is the best in my opinion, dealers are super responsive and any problems when highlighted in the group are responded within minutes
- Accessories - there is quite an industry that has sprung up for accessories for the Highness
- Longevity - People have complained of rust etc but in 30 months, my bike still retains that new bike look. I also feel with the deliberate under performance that Honda designed for the bike will ensure it lasts a really long time. Bajaj bikes have a reputation of falling apart much faster

While I love the Highness, I do not think the manufacturer deserves my loyalty, given their lack of innovation and the reluctance to bring any of their offerings, not to mention their absurd pricing model. So, if the Triumph lives up to the initial hype and delivers something exceptional, I will be jumping ship.
Thank you for this, definitely helped clear up a few things for me, am presently holding on to a CB350rs booking, waiting for TD to decide if i should jump ships, but even if i do jump it will be for the 400x.
Old 9th July 2023, 23:09   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
I would be more than happy if it delivers 15Nm of torque at 1500rpm
I really hope your expectations come true.
It is unlikely that this expectation will be fulfilled by the Triumph 400s. If this is a specific requirement, you might be better served by the Royal Enfield 650s/411s or the Harley X440. The Triumph probably idles around 1000-1200. No way it will generate 15 Nm at 1500 revs.

Short stroke engines need some revs to work their magic, thankfully this one has a longer stroke than the KTM390s, hence the better low end.

15Nm is actually a lot of torque. Its around 90% of the peak torque of a 200cc motorcycle like the Apache. A motorcycle that is plenty fun itself.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 16:28   #350
BHPian

A courteous person called me up from the Ahmedabad Triumph dealership today to confirm my booking details. They are going to inform pre-booked customers about a test ride bike when it becomes available at the dealership.

Upon asking, he told me that deliveries are expected to begin in August. I'm not sure which date, but I guess I can wait for a few days.
davelok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 17:18   #351
BHPian

Visited Triumph Pune today, no display units or test ride mules available until July end at the very least according to the people working there.
Old 10th July 2023, 18:52   #352
BHPian

That's what was told to me as well.
Plus there must be some sort of haggling going on regarding the inflated price the unscrupulous dealers quoted and bajaj trying to make them reduce.
Old 10th July 2023, 19:02   #353
BHPian

Has anyone from Bangalore received a booking confirmation call from Keerthi Triumph? Should one expect it or not? Can’t say after reading a bit about their rep in our forum ��
Old 10th July 2023, 19:26   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyph3r View Post
Visited Triumph Pune today, no display units or test ride mules available until July end at the very least according to the people working there.
Yes, even Speed Triumph at Kolkata have informed today that demo bikes would be available for test ride only in first week of August. So deliveries would also commence after that.
Old 10th July 2023, 21:28   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Has anyone from Bangalore received a booking confirmation call from Keerthi Triumph? Should one expect it or not? Can’t say after reading a bit about their rep in our forum ��
Worst guys, We've to live with. They didn't even bother to call back or enquire, even after repeatedly calling their sales executives. The reason is why should we bother, when there will be a separate division for Bajaj-Triumph combo. They assume that a Customer of 400 will never upgrade to 660 or higher.

Triumph should've chosen a new and different dealer for Bangalore. We can see that the highest bookings are from this City.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 21:30   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelok View Post
Upon asking, he told me that deliveries are expected to begin in August. I'm not sure which date, but I guess I can wait for a few days.
The last I checked with Riya Triumph Ahmedabad, they said that the test units will arrive in 2nd half of July and delivery is to be expected 1 month from that - i.e. 15 Aug+

Any updates on the on road guidelines of Speed 400 which were to be announced today by Triumph/Bajaj?

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th July 2023 at 23:13. Reason: Poorly typed post. Please proof read your posts before submitting. Thank you.
vzvish91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 22:45   #357
Senior - BHPian

Probably they are planning to start all India deliveries from 15th August (Independence Day) to try and make the day memorable. They may have advertisements showing how you can obtain your independence from the mundane by owning a Triumph Speed 400

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 23:06   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Even I have been waiting for a call from Keerthi Triumph. I booked the bike on 3rd July, and all I got other than the receipt was a whatsapp message.

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th July 2023 at 23:11. Reason: Caps and spelling. Please proofread your posts before submitting. Thank you.
pratik_terni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 23:11   #359
BHPian

With the Triumph 400 launch, few questions arise.

1) Why can't Indian companies that do huge production volumes and significantly higher revenue, many times more than Triumph can't produce world class products or even half decent products on their own ?

- Triumph sells less than 1 lac vehicles with an annual turnover of around $0.50 billion dollars, whereas Bajaj sells more than 2.5 million vehicles and having a turnover of more than $4.5 Billion

2) If Bajaj can produce a Triumph badged product cheaper than it own
, are Indian manufacturers making good margins already but failing to deliver world class products to Indian market or Brands like Triumph and Harley deliberately selling products at such huge margins and even overcharging customers for service and parts in the garb of Brand value and associated hype around it ?

3) Will this change how products (motorcycles) are made and sold from now on ? - Charge a deserving price and still make a reasonable profit for future development and growth of the company.

Once thing is amply clear we have been taken for ride literally by the manufactures till now, Hope Triumph/Bajaj will also offer to service the Bikes (400's) at a overall lower cost as an act of redemption on behalf of the whole motorcycle Industry
autohead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 07:33   #360
BHPian

Any idea regarding the clarified on-road costs? Bajaj-Triumph was supposed to inform yesterday. Zigwheels had stated so, for example.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks